Maral Hair Klinik 17th October 2016 - Istanbul, TR

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hello. I will be going to Istanbul for a FUE Hair...

Hello. I will be going to Istanbul for a FUE Hair transplant at Maral Hair Klinik over the coming few days.

As with a few others on this forum, I was reluctant to go ahead with the procedure was it not for all the reviews, posts and photos that people are posting.

I hope to give an honest, complete and accurate account of my journey.

To date, I have been told that I require 3500-5000 grafts and will require a top up to increase density in 12 months time. The cost of the procedure is 2100 Euros. I have also been told to take finasteride, which I have already started to take for the past 3 weeks.

Sorry my first photo is not great, but its a start. I will post one with the head shaved in the clinic .

1 day post op photos

"a photo speaks a thousand words"

The procedure at Maral Clinic went well.
In total 3900 grafts were placed with a focus on crown area (which is a difficult area).
A very professional team and good atmosphere in the clinic.

14 days post op photos

important notes: 3 weeks before the procedure i started taking the following supplement cocktail on a daily basis:

1. propecia 1mg.
2. biotin 10,000 mcg
3. A-Z multivitamin tablet

Balanced diet with a high protein and iron rich components.

Hair washing as per instructions from the clinic.

I went back to the gym from day 9 (generally considered a safe time frame) for CV and resistance training.

Donor area sensitive/little pain to palpation.

Recipient area redness reducing on a daily basis (see photos) and no symptoms. Little crust remaining (negligible). The procedure is virtually undetectable to the layman man.

Oh and I had already gone back to work 2 days post op with no problems (dentist).

I believe there was a good job done on creating a swirl on the crown with the grafts (see photos).

Crown update

quick photo showing 2 month update of crown area.

80%+ of transplanted hair SHAFTS have fallen out.

lots of small colorless vellous hairs coming through in the crown (see photo).

this was all explained by dr maral and was expected, although ahead of schedule (im not complaining). lots of pimples breaking through as well, which is rather positive. will update soon as lots seems to be happening.

3 months update

more crown hair coverage. I feel it's progressing well and am happy with result thus far.
can see a "natural" hair swirl forming.