37 Years Old Treating with Norwood 6 - Instanbul, TR

The procedure I went through took about 7 hours....

The procedure I went through took about 7 hours. The following steps breakdown were not timed. Just an estimated time breakdown.

Step 0: I had to change my dress to medical gowns like those blue plastic like paper gown. They shaved my hair and discussed the procedure for the last time. This preparation step took about half an hour.

Step 1: Anesthesia of the donor area. It took about three minutes. Went through a medium range of painful process when syringe was injected. But nowhere extremely unbearable. Took less than half an hour.

Step 2: Taking the draft. Took about three hours. I felt nothing.

Step 3: incisions for planting the grafts. Felton pain. Took about half an hour.

Step 4: I got a break for the lunch and toilet. They provided the lunch. Took about half an hour.

Step 5: Planting the draft. Took about two hours.

Step 6: Cleaning and putting bandage. They helped me change. I waited in the waiting lounge for about 10 minutes. One year came with four types of pills good for 10 to 30 days for different types, and to explained the medicines. There were three pages of instructions with medicine instructions, does and donts. They provided a certificate where they guaranteed their hair-plant and a free operation in case of failure. I was told they would unbandage me the next day when they will show me how to use the customized shampoo and conditioner. They called my hotel taxi and I left the clinic.

Day 6

Feeling a tightness or firmness all over my head. Somewhere I read it would take about a month and half before this would completely go away. The drafts induce pain when gently tapped. No idea how long it would take for the pain to completely go away. My hair plant doctor told me to contact him on the 12th day. I sent him the photo from day 6 right after washing.

Week 1

The numbness is still there for the large part of it. Grafts are still painful at finger tip touch.

Week 1 Day 5

First time since the op I washed my head under direct shower. The scalp is still painful but the tension or numbness is 70% gone. In the mirror the bald pattern is still obvious. No idea how it would turn in 6-12 months.

Now at 3 months mark

Based on the numerous posts in this forum, I know it's not yet time to actually conclude anything. Here are my three months photos.

Pain on scalp is now 20%

Tightness is nearly gone down to roughly 20%. Unless I press with my finger tips, no post op side effect or pain. Don't even realize that I went through the surgery. Some random lump showed up in different section of the head in the last two months of different sizes the largest being like an eye ball but disappeared on their own.