Not What I Expected - Irvine, CA

My plastic surgeon recommended the Obagi Blue Peel...

My plastic surgeon recommended the Obagi Blue Peel to get rid of some dark spots on my cheeks and chin. I did a medium peel (about 3 layers of the Obagi peel) which would remove about 4 layers of skin. I was injected with anesthesia in about 6 spots of my face to help with the burning of the peel. The procedure itself burned, but was not totally unbearable. I thought the peel would be removed after a few minutes, but it wasn't. I had to leave the office with a completely blue face, drive home and wait 4 hours before I could wash it off. Even after I washed it, the blue didn't come off for about 4 days, and in some parts of my face not until the skinpeeled off. My face was very swollen for about two weeks. My chin and forehead did not peel/heal well. I was left with scars on those areas. After I was done peeling, my skin's reaction was to get very dark so I had a whole bunch of dark spots all over my face. I was told by my doctor to keep using the Obagi bleaching system. I am now at week 8 and still trying to get rid of the dark spots and redness. If I could do it over again, I would go with a less abrasive 3 step peel. I also wish I would have been given more information by my surgeon and options on different types of peels so I could make a more informed decision.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Not great follow up. Did not communicate what I could expect after the peel. I was told it was a two week downtime. Never called to check on me or my progress.