Not What I Expected - Irvine, CA

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 39 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

My plastic surgeon recommended the Obagi Blue Peel...

My plastic surgeon recommended the Obagi Blue Peel to get rid of some dark spots on my cheeks and chin. I did a medium peel (about 3 layers of the Obagi peel) which would remove about 4 layers of skin. I was injected with anesthesia in about 6 spots of my face to help with the burning of the peel. The procedure itself burned, but was not totally unbearable. I thought the peel would be removed after a few minutes, but it wasn't. I had to leave the office with a completely blue face, drive home and wait 4 hours before I could wash it off. Even after I washed it, the blue didn't come off for about 4 days, and in some parts of my face not until the skinpeeled off. My face was very swollen for about two weeks. My chin and forehead did not peel/heal well. I was left with scars on those areas. After I was done peeling, my skin's reaction was to get very dark so I had a whole bunch of dark spots all over my face. I was told by my doctor to keep using the Obagi bleaching system. I am now at week 8 and still trying to get rid of the dark spots and redness. If I could do it over again, I would go with a less abrasive 3 step peel. I also wish I would have been given more information by my surgeon and options on different types of peels so I could make a more informed decision.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Not great follow up. Did not communicate what I could expect after the peel. I was told it was a two week downtime. Never called to check on me or my progress.