Time for Change :) Fut AEK Clinic Istanbul

So the journey begins soon, I've chosen Dr K at...

So the journey begins soon, I've chosen Dr K at AEK Hair Institute got various reasons why I've chosen him over other clinics and doctors.

I wanted a certified doctor to carry out the procedure as with everything research is key, Dr K completes the majority of the procedure himself also only expects one patient a day which i felt was very important. Have many other reasons but this is

Just a short sharp intro into my journey will update you all once I've flown out met Dr K and undergone the procedure.

15 Days to go :)

15 days till i fly out, not that im counting or anything :). Excited and nervous but more happy to be finally confronting what ive wanted to change for some time.

In istanbul, surgery tomorrow

my journey started at 2:30am in london and arrived at the hotel at 14:00 turkish time, was picked up in a lovely car and driven to the hotel. Flight and travelling was straight forward but very much tiring. Looking forward to the procedure tomorrow as ive been anticipating it for a while. Everyones been helpful so far, confirmed pick up times with dr k earlier so im all ready to go tomorrow. Good nights sleep and a good breakfast in the morning and i'll keep the updates coming :)

1 day post op

1 day post op,

Was picked up from reception lobby at 9am at taken to dr k office, we had a quick chat about how to proceed and once done i took an antibiotic and it was on to the next room to get shaving and pictures done, which dr k did all himself.

Then got me to lay face down to remove the strip from my donor area took about and 1hr roughly or abit longer. This was the most nerve racking parts for me as after all my research i just had the images i'd seen of what they do flowing through my head :( but was over pretty quickly.

Got to say the worst part was the injections to which i felt almost all of them and they were very unpleasant.

Took his technicians another 2hrs to prepare some of the grafts as he noted mine were the most difficult he had as they were literally a "C" shape. So i feel an fue would of been a waste of money.

Turns out i was dr k first "male black" patient as we had to have a good discussion about hairlines and angles but with a bit of research and a will smith picture lool he came up with a suitable hairline to which i think will hopefully suit my face

Back on the operating table around 1pm for the graft incisions again the injections i didnt like, once numb it was fine but the sound of him puncturing the skin was a little unnerving but was all done and on to the implanting which was the longest part of the whole procedure taking around 4hrs, towards the end i had abit of pain in the back of my head but dr k administered some more pain killer which meant the dreaded needles again :( but minutes later i was comfortable again, i did become restless towards the end but was very glad when i was over and i could finally walk around.

Dr K is a very friendly man and so are all his technicians, and clearly loves what he does. One day post op. Let the hair journey begin :)

3 days post op..

All seems to be going well, had swelling since day one but each day has got a little bit better. Rocking the weird creature/frankstein/alien look at the moment .

4days short of a month

have had shock loss but still have some hair on the surface, bare in mind i had zero hair in this area prior to this surgery so its already making me happy even though its only the beginning. Also have cut my hair completely off, time for a change as ive been saying :)

6months and 4days post op

So its been a while since ive been on here, just a quick update.. Growth i feel its coming along nicely. I did cut my hair to a 0,5 up until a month and a half ago, so im just letting it grow now. But im happy with results so far :)
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Great doctor can tell he enjoys what he does, would recommend.. I had an enjoyable experience and would to thank him for the work.