65 Years of Age with 3 Adult Children, and Really Wanting a Tummy Tuck - India

I found it didn't want to put up with the saggy...

I found it didn't want to put up with the saggy tummy, or the extra abdominal fat that had accumulated during menopause. I wanted these to be gone. And I really, really wanted my waist back! And then there was my face that drooped, developed jowls and double chin - all without my consent! I wanted all this fixed. Problem was, I had very little savings after raising my three kids on my own. AND I'm looking retirement down the barrel and should be preparing financially. But, I really feel quality of life is important, and this was important for my quality of life and sense of well being. So, I saved, and saved but still there was no way I was going to afford this in Australia. So, I started checking out cosmetic surgery in Thailand and also Malaysia. Then I also started looking at the possibility of cosmetic surgery in India, and I found the wonderful,highly qualified plastic surgeon Doctor Sameer Karkhanis and suddenly, it was all very doable! I came to his clinic nervous but also feeling like I had won the lotto. I am now 3 days post op. and feeling fine - a little stiff, a little sore - zipped into my black pressure garments (looking a bit like a scuba diver) walking the clinic corridor swinging my little drain like a handbag. I had Lipo of abdo, flanks, back and arms, a peri-umbilical hernia repair, modified arm lift and a full tummy tuck. Pain management has been excellent. I haven't felt pain, but there was quite lot of discomfort during the first night post op. This is not a procedure for softies, it IS uncomfortable. And then you swell, but this is normal. Already I feel sure it was worth it. Next week I go for the full face lift. Can't wait!

Pre op photos. Taken before TT, lipo and modified arm lift in Thane, India . May 21st '15

Day 4 after full TT, hernia repair, lipo to abdo, flanks, back, arms and thighs + modified arm lift and fat transfer to hands

Day 4 and feeling fine. I'm as swollen as an irritated blow-fish, but not concerned - it's temporary!
The care here at CCRS in Thane has been very good. Nurses here 24/7 and they and come to me at the press of a bell. Their analgesia regime really works - no real pain, ever - just some discomfort.
Dr Sameer drops in every day - usually at least twice a day. I have my own little room with small en suite bathroom. I have a TV and manage to find some English speaking programs. I also brought my own devices to India and have music, movies, audiobooks and digital books loaded onto these - it helps to fill in the days - and I plan to stay a total of 3 weeks. The cost of all this is amazing. By the time I leave here, on day 21, I will have paid approx $16000. That covers airport pick-up, blood tests, X-rays, ultrasound scans, EKG etc. All surgeon's fees, anesthetist fees, all drugs and consumables. Two pressure garments. All meals. 24/7 nursing care. Accommodation. AND PROCEDURES! Full TT, lipo, modified arm lift, fat transfer to hands, full face and neck lift, lower bleph and fat transfer to cheeks. Baby that is GOOD!

Aussie Granny 4 days post TT, Lipo, arm lift - INDIA.

Feeling good. Drains all gone. Still very swollen all over, but who cares! I'm just relaxing and being taken care of
by the lovely staff at CCRS.

Australian Granny - 9 days post TT and 2 days post full face and neck lift - Dr. Sameer Karkhanis, INDIA.

I'm feeling good. No discomfort from the TT and Lipo procedure remaining. I feel I can move normally and roll from side to side at night. (Couldn't do this until night 2, and only small movements at first)
Face Lift is all done. The first night was uncomfortable, mainly because I was sleeping on my back. I also developed a headache which settled after some medication. But no pain in my face or neck. Just a feeling of tightness and pulling. Dr Sameer removed the drain today (day 2) - absolutely painless. Also removed the dressing and strapped me into my head bra. Quite comfortable! And, I don't look great yet, but I can already see the improvement. I have a jawline!! Swollen cheeks, puffy eyes, duckbill lips......that will settle down. And not a bruise to be found. How good is that? I believe that is down to an expert technique on the surgeon's part.

Five Weeks: Just 5 weeks after a Tummy Tuck by Dr Sameer Karkhanis, INDIA.

I am so very happy with these results. I think the pictures tell it all. Dr Sameer is my hero.

6 WEEKS: Now almost six weeks since I had Lipo, Tummy Tuck, and modified armlift at CCRS Thane, INDIA.

Almost 6 weeks and I am very happy. Healing well. The scars are not too bad. I can live with them, and they will fade. I wear the pressure garments for several hours each day.....usually at night...and they are comfortable. I still feel a little sore in places where I had the lipo, but it isn't enough to bother me. My clothes fit me so much better now. In fact I have had to buy some in smaller sizes. Dr Sameer does great work. I just can't recommend him enough!!!
India Plastic Surgeon