Circumferential Thigh Lipo and Thigh Lift - Huntersville, NC

Phase 3 of total body contouring surgery with Dr....

Phase 3 of total body contouring surgery with Dr. Kortesis in Huntersville, NC. This final surgery will be complete circumferential thigh liposuction and then a full thigh lift to remove excess skin from weight loss. I have two other reviews, one for my Lower Body Lift that was done in January 6 of 2016, and my second surgery with was an arm lift, breast lift and breast augmentation with flank lipo on May 9 of 2016. I have a final consultation with Dr. Kortesis on July 5th to determine exactly which thigh lift method he will use after liposuctioning my thighs, and my preop appointment is scheduled for August 8th. I'll be using my final consultation appointment to review my thighs along with any areas that we previously treated that may need any revisions, although Dr. Kortesis takes such pride in his work and does such a good job I seriously doubt I'll need much revision work at all, if any. The last time we spoke about my legs he estimated roughly 18lbs of fat would be removed from the lipo alone, which if this is true, that will put me at my goal weight of 180lbs. I'll keep this review updated as we get closer! 100 more days!

Surgery moved to July 27th

I have a work conflict on September 12 and 13th where I'll be teaching a 3 hour class both days during an Expo for work, so my surgery had to be moved. I can't safely stand and teach a class barely 1.5 weeks postop full circumferential thigh lipo and full vertical lift, so I'm giving myself almost 6.5 weeks to heal so I'm ready. Knowing that complications are possible and likely after having my arms and breasts done last month, I don't want to risk anything this time around. I would rather have this *last (hopefully) procedure closer to my previous one and go through this now so I can work. The skin quality on your inner thighs is very much like your inner arms and my thinner skin does not like the dissolvable sutures.....fingers crossed for uneventful healing but I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best :) I'm so ready to be done with this process but also extremely grateful I've been able to do all of this in 7 months. I'm very lucky and thankful.

Preop is next Friday, the 8th, and I'm more and more nervous and second guessing myself....still incredibly bloated from the top surgery but my energy is good. I'm just psyched out from the horror stories I guess.

I'm really terrified of my legs opening up, and that I'll spit all my sutures like I did with my arms and breasts, but that's not in my control unfortunately. I'm past the point of caring about the scars although I know I would get scar revision if I needed it. Doing my best to keep healthy and start being more active up until it's time to go in.

I only have one week off from work so I have borrowed a lounge chair to use at the office- I'm going to have to try my best to not overdo it!

Hoping everyone is doing good! If you have some recent experiences please share!

Back in the gym finally!

Prepping for the 27th, and I can't believe it's already the end of June! I was able to start back in the gym and I'm slowly working on building my strength back in my upper body.

Preop is nearly here, and I'm just trying to be as active and mobile as I can. Eating super clean and no alcohol whatsoever. I had my endermologie treatment yesterday from my upper surgery and Terry was so nice! I have always loved getting my treatments with her and she's going to be wrapping my legs for me after my lift with this technique that apparently makes sure the bandages stay put and compress the way they're supposed to.

I'm getting more excited than nervous now, I am positive that even if I do reject my sutures, I'll be in great hands. Love my doctor!

Preop done, tminus 2 weeks!

Had My pre op appointment yesterday and started my iron pills- I will be having circumferential lipo and a full vertical thigh lift.

Dr. K does not want to address my arms and scar revision this early, and we will take care of that later when I have had more time to heal.

I hope everyone is well! I'm eating clean, exercising, and counting the days until my procedure!

Surgery is tomorrow morning

I am nervous and excited and ready to wake up on the other side.....for the third time!

I have been asked to do a video journal about my recovery and experience for my office's website, to help future patients, and I agreed, so I will be doing my first short video tonight- they should go up on my doctor's website, however I'll be asking if I can put them here too.

I have taken seven full days off of work, and won't be coming back to my office until august 8th, and while I plan on walking myself to the restroom and to appointments, I won't be pushing myself like I did for my top surgery. As much time as I can spend with my legs elevated, I will be spending it that way. I don't want to run into complications if I can help it :)

I will post pictures after!

In Preop about to go in

All marked up and ready to go! Wish me luck!

The doctor said after they lipo they may be able to get more tissue from the legs than what they marked, and surprisingly the back of my thighs are not as bad as the front.

Going into surgery, I will keep you all posted for those that are following me

15.5 lbs gone

So between the lipo and the skin, I'm down 15.5 lbs from my legs!!

Staying overnight here at HK centers and going home in the morning. My pain level is about 6, but I'm on iv medication for the time being. The lipo hurts more than my incisions too, it's like a burning sensation.

They will make me walk around 8 tonight and I plan to sleep as much as I can. My legs are completely wrapped in bandages all the way to my feet so I can't see anything, but wrapped in layers and swollen, they still look smaller already :)

More updates to follow!

To date he has removed roughly 50lbs!!!

Post op- swollen!!!

The only word that comes to mind is swollen!! My thighs feel tight to the touch but I'm healing nicely and happy to see my oozing has stopped!

Even swollen my legs are smaller, so I'm going to keep at it with the rest and elevation, and hope I keep having smooth sailing into healing.

Bruising is surprisingly minimal, but I have been taking arnica and bromelain since I got home, and I'm drinking my 1.5 gallons every day.

Hope you all are well!

A little stir crazy but good!

I'm definitely feeling the effects of staying in this recliner, with the exception to shower and use the restroom...I wound up playing with my makeup collection and watching more than one makeup tutorial haha- good way to pass the time I guess.

Even swollen, I am so excited to see smaller legs, and I'm anxious to see what they look like once they aren't swollen.

Nothing new to report- no issues so far, but I will feel better once I'm about 4 weeks healed. My pain level is about a 3, and I should be off pain meds completely in a day or two. My body is a bit unrecognizable right now from the lipo- I'm really bloated in places I wasn't expecting. I hope everyone is well!

Itching like my skin is on fire!

For those of you that have had circumferential lipo and/or a vertical thigh lift- did you experience itchiness in your calves and behind your knees post operatively?

I have taken some Benadryl to help for now, and rewrapped my legs below the knee because the itching I'm feeling is almost unbearable! It feels like a patch of mosquito bites on top of flea bites on top of poison ivy- it's so itchy!!!

I'm assuming this is lymphatic or nerve related because it comes and goes in pings under the skin, and the itchiness is happening where I was not liposuctioned or had tissue excised....either way, I'll be calling Dr. Kortesis in the morning when it's a more suitable hour to make sure this isn't something to be alarmed about. The Benadryl definitely helps, but waking me out of a dead sleep to itch is brutal :( Other than that, I'm doing just fine.

I hope everyone is well!

Pain level is drastically lower

Hey guys,

I finally got my itching under control with some benadryl and I know its from the bruising and the lipo they did, so that will settle in time. My pain level today has gone from a steady 5/6 to a 2/3, and I'm mostly just sore and having feelings of tightness. I'm thrilled to be bouncing back so well :)

I am definitely still swollen and expect to be for a long time, but feeling this good just four days post op is very rewarding for me mentally; I was expecting to be down for a lot longer. Holy bruising batman! I look like someone beat my legs with a baseball bat haha.

I hope everyone is doing great, and let me know if you want to chat! I'm pretty much bound to my recliner with this laptop for the next 7 days.

Second follow up

Some pictures from my five day post op follow up

I'm swollen to the same size as preop, with a definite gap in my thighs! Can't wait to see how this progresses when the swelling starts to subside

Second try for pics

Issues uploading- here's 5 days post op pics- sooooo swollen

Almost 1 week postop!

I'm 6 days postop, and I can feel my energy level increasing every day, but I'm determined to stay in this recliner and elevated as much as possible, so my legs can continue to heal- fortunately I have an adorable little recovery buddy to keep me company :) My puppy's name is Judy for Judy Garland, and she's almost 11 weeks old.

My incisions keep looking ok, but I am watching them like a hawk- I'm super scared of wound breakdown and I know fibrin is normal but it always makes me nervous because I can never tell if it's just fibrin or if I'm starting to spit a stitch....I hope they continue to heal well with no issues.

My husband had to go back to work today, so I'm on my own, but I am mobile enough to fend for myself so I'm just taking it easy. I will stay in the ace wraps a little while longer, until I'm not so swollen and can comfortably fit into a garment. Drop me a line if you like, I hope everyone is doing well!

Back to work tomorrow

Hey guys it's Stephanie, excited to report that I'm finally going back to work tomorrow and I'm taking advantage of the last little bit of time at home tonight before I go to bed by elevating my legs up against the wall using my exercise ball.

I have a persistent swollen almost like a knot in my right knee which I'm going to bring up to Dr. K on Tuesday, but it responds well to heat and massage so I'm assuming it's just a small hematoma or persistent swelling. My left leg has continued to heal and the fibrin has started to dry up and it's definitely getting smaller so feeling good about the progress there and excited to see what happens when the sutures come out as I don't think I'll have any wound openings this time around but fingers crossed.

Pain is completely minimal, just a dull soreness, and I'm really excited to be going back to work. My bruising is almost gone as well-here's some updated photos :)

I hope everyone is doing well, and not to worry the little bit of redness around my incisions I've already had checked out and no infection or cause for concern, it's a slight irritation where I rub together when I walk. Drop me a line if you like!

Comparison pics

Keep in mind I'm 13 days post so I'm still very swollen, but I am THRILLED with these results

Looking back at where I started

That was then, this is now....from a size 28 to a size 12 and dropping! I took these new pics this morning after getting ready for work, after I had noticed my swollen postop body (15 days post thigh lift/circumferential lipo) and smiled so hard my face ached.....200 pounds lost total, an immeasurable self confidence gained. I have never been so happy, so FREE.

My body was a prison to which I could not escape, until one day, I did. One day I wanted to, and I decided to chase what I was always told I could never have. I wanted to feel pretty, to love my body, and to feel worthy. I wanted men to look at my outsides and see all the beauty I knew was inside, instead of seeing just another fat girl. I now understand my worth comes from within, and I have earned every smile, every sassy pose, every last bit of self love and appreciation I can muster because I WORKED FOR THIS. I sweated for this, I cried so many nights for this. To be me, to be free ????

This took years, and it all started with that decision that I would no longer settle for hiding, for being told "you're so pretty, if you just lost some weight", for feeling less than. And now I am blessed with a husband that loves me for who I am, and not what I look like. Blessed with a wonderful job that allowed me to schedule my surgeries to reconstruct and contour my deflated body after losing the weight. Blessed with a body I worked for! I am so grateful to Dr. Kortesis for helping unveil all this hard work, and I am so proud of what I have overcome. I'm not ashamed of where I came from, because it's lead me to where I am today. Love yourself first- happy Thursday friends!!

So no one really talks about this much but I think my least favorite part of surgery is detoxing off the pain medication :(

Ugh I slept like absolute poop and have a horrible headache today. I know it will pass but I hate this part of recovery.

Hope everyone is doing well

Almost three weeks out, everything is nearly closed

So happy that my incisions are healing nicely, and don't seem to be spitting any sutures- I do have a small spot on my left thigh that had opened, but it seems almost closed already so thank goodness!

I'll post some updated pics on Wednesday when I go for my followup appointment.

Scar therapy & Endermologie

So I finished my series of manual lymphatic drainage massage treatments, and I will have my first Endermologie treatment on Monday.

I'm officially 3.5 weeks post op, and thankfully one spot on my left leg spit a suture, and it was pretty high on my thigh so no one will ever see it really. It may heal without incident since it was so small to begin with.

I've added some new pics so you can see how my swelling and incisions are progressing- for all the horror stories online I don't see a lot of positive experiences with this surgery, so I'm really thankful I can contribute a positive review.

To be fair, it could also be that there aren't many positive reviews since those people didn't post one, but all the same, this was not the horrific experience I was expecting based on some other people's testimonials.

Swell Hell and my incisions

My incisions have completely closed, I don't seem to spitting any sutures besides the one minor incident I had on my left leg near the groin. I think everyone has some degree of trouble in this area because of all the pulling!

I am officially in swell hell- I feel like my legs look bigger right now then they did a few days ago, but I have also started walking again and easing into my old workout routine, so I am sure I have some residual swelling in my tissues that has to resolve. My garment feels tight again when it felt looser last week :/ All part of the process though!

I am so excited to see how my incisions heal, as they have remained very small/fine lines, much like my LBL did....the only place I saw widening for my LBL was my vertical incision, and it was so minor I really have no issues with it. I think I am going to be very, very happy in about 4 more months!

I hope everyone is doing well! I have my second endermologie treatment today, and one more after that, and I think I'm going to purchase three or four more to help with my full body swelling...we'll see.

Let me know how you all are!
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I could not ask for a better doctor! This is my third procedure with Dr. Kortesis after losing 150lbs, and I am so grateful to him for all the work he's performed, as well as his wonderful staff for taking such great care of me. My outsides finally show all the hard work I've put in to lose the weight, and I couldn't dream of going to anyone else for this. He is a true perfectionist, and cares very much about your final outcome. His entire staff has been welcoming and warm to me, and made me feel like family. I'm always greeted with a smile and by my first name, and I truly appreciate them taking the time to get to know me instead of just seeing me as another patient. I have not had a single bad experience in over a year of going to their offices. Please understand that you will wait longer in the afternoon than in the morning because the doctors are incredibly popular in the Charlotte area, and they are in high demand- they will not rush you through your appointment either so it is very much worth the wait. The family feel and individual attention is second to none, and I would not recommend anyone else for body contouring after weight loss, pregnancy, or any other reason. Go see Dr. Kortesis, you will not regret it! Thank you Dr. K!!!!