Gift to Self

I researched Abdominoplasty for two yrs. Decided...

I researched Abdominoplasty for two yrs. Decided to go with Dr. Norris. 3 days post op and feel great. Pain is tolerable. I suggest the Exparel he uses for pain control. Post op days 1 & 2 not so good but pain tolerable. Dr. Norris' consultation very informative and leaves nothing out. Dr. Norris rocks!

Post op day 6

Appt with Surgeon yesterday. He stated that my scar looks good, it's healing well, my stomach muscles are sore like I have done 1000 sit-ups, Dr. Norris decided that my drains need to stay put for one more week. I went out yesterday after my doctors appt and had lunch at Cheddar's. Watching my sodium intake very closely but it felt good to eat real food. Sodium makes you swell in excess of the swelling you are already gonna do. I ate grilled Salmon with ginger rice, steamed broccoli with corn and topped it off with peach crisp ala mode. Needless to say I could only taste small amts of each and save the rest for later, I can't fill my belly like I used to. I thought this journey would be bad but it's been very tolerable.

Faja arrival

So excited today! My Faja compression garment has finally arrived...there was some issues with my local mail carrier ????...but any way...it's just what people said on other sites...it runs small...I wear a medium but had to get a large according to the chart...great material...it's better than the binder they put on u at the hospital and it's better than the binder they gave me at my first PS appt...the crotch part is removable so when u have to pee...I will be wearing this one from now on...oh and it has 4 rows if clasp...luv it

Infection

Sooooooo...I was having horrible pain on my right hip on post op day 12...I woke up and literally was unable to move from sitting to standing position...my right hip hurt so bad...I called my PS and asked him to call me in some antibiotics...he did...but I felt horrible I had fever and chills so bad...today I feel much better...my JP drains were removed today...as soon as the drain on the right came out so did infected drainage and you could literally see that the drainage was infected...I am walking tall today...I feel so much better...so far I have taken 3 of my antibiotic pills and I can tell a complete difference...I started my scar gel therapy today that my PS has given to me...I'm going to wait until I finish my antibiotics before using my faja again...one of the complications that come with the surgery...I'm just glad I have bounced back very quickly...don't know how or what caused the infection on that side...I had my JP drains for 13 days
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Norris is an awesome surgeon! Very laid back and down to earth. He tells you what you need and not what you want to hear. Answers all of your questions with honesty; did not rush through the consultation. Very honest and upfront. Everything we talked about during the consultation was done, no surprises. Dr. Norris rocks! Very pleased with my results!