Big Girl , Bigger Dreams. - Houston, TX

Hello , I am an 18 year old female who has...

Hello , I am an 18 year old female who has struggled with obesity my entire life , most people usually gain weight after a bad break up or during high-school , for me , it has never been that .. I tried dieting and exercise many times and always gain the weight back. now weighing 250 , I am currently in the process of having gastric bypass. I have Insurance which requires me to do a six month weight supervision program , this is my 5/6 month , my last month will be in April. I am hoping to have the surgery in May or June due to the fact that I am a college student and will be taking classes this summer. My surgeons office is a little unprofessional as far as the way they do things , I recently found out two months prior to my surgery how much I was going to have to co pay. They say they can't give me a number until I get approved which does not make any sense. Anyway , I saw I couple of people write their journey on real self and I wouldn't to have one of my own so here I am.

I'm almost there ..

This friday will be my last month with the supervised program , after that , I will be able to be summited to the insurance for approval , and get my surgery date. I am very excited and hope that it works for me ... I have a lot of questions to ask about the surgery itself ...

The before I guess I can say ..

6/6 completed

Finally completed my 6 months supervised weight program today , I really didn't loose any weight , now I must wait to get approved my the insurance that I hope to get in May .... Let's see how this goes

So ready

Update ????

Pretty disappointed in my physician office , they didn't fax the stuff they needed to the surgeons office slowing down my process ... I'm gaining weight and having too many food funerals lol ... But my boyfriend and I are going to the gym next week ... He's really skinny and doesn't gain weight ! I love going to the gym though , it makes me very energetic. Anyway, I hope they call me real soon to let me know they have sumitted my paper work ! DID YOU GUYS HEAR ABOUT THE HOUSTON FLOOD ? Literally was so scary !

The wait .....

Today all my files were submitted to my insurance, now I must patiently wait ... So excited to be the real me !!! Let's hope I get approved

So excited

Got my surgery date for June 1st !!!!!!!

bad newss

The hospital just called me , they are charging me a lot of money , I can't afford , I'm a college student and cannot afford it , this sucks .... I'm so disspointed !!! Ughhhh

My disappointment

I've had a rough 2 days knowing I'm not able to have enough money for a surgery that was supposed to change my life , the part that sucks the most is how deceiving the process was from the beginning , they never actually told me how much the total cost of the surgery was in which I could have done the math , so I worked 2 jobs I part time and one full time , while being a full time college student as well . Busting my ass every night and day barely sleeping and almost dropping my 3.7 gpa but I got it together and then 2 months before surgery I get told that I was going to have to May roughly around 3000 just for the office , in which I worked long sleepless nights for .. After my insurance is approve in a week , they let me pick my surgery date out , and I'm so happy because my life is about to change ! Yesterday the hospital calls me 2 weeks prior to my appointment to do all my blood work , they tell me I need to bring close to 6000 by that date , and my face was in shock ...... I literally cried , why ? Because no one cares , and it sucks because I'm not high class nor low class but realistically I could not even make that in 6 months ... And that's after my insurance paid 80% .... Don't know what to do , I hope God has other plans for me ...

Back it again ... After all these months of working to get money and using up my deductible , my new surgery date is nov 23rd !!!

Picture updatesz

Some body pictures over the summer current weight is 256

Hello guys !!! I got my surgery moved to an earlier date NOV 16 I go for my pre op appointment on Nov 8th I'm so excited and can't wait for change !!! I'm excited to share my wls journey !!
Dr. B

I've only seen him one time , his office doesn't really. Check up on people who are looking into the surgery , they actually don't even tell you how much you're paying until after you're approved by the insurance