Two months post-op.... 5"10 - 32DDD to 32D

I've been looking forward to this since forever!...

I've been looking forward to this since forever! I've been holding on for a while trying to lose weight from 191lbs to 155lbs in hopes that my boobs will disappear. Unfortunately not, they're still around. My band size reduces and boobs stay the same (ddd). The pain has become so unbearable that my fiance finally thinks its a wise decision. I've ahd enough. Last night, he had to massage my shoulders twice because i was in pain.

I'm currently a 34ddd wanting a 34c-d. I love full breast. I think a small D will be fine.

My Stats: 5"10, 34ddd, 155lbs with a BMI of 25. I think i'm a good candidate for reduction. I wanted a lipo, but as my pictures reveal, my girls are headed down south already.

An I a good candidate for breast liposuction (reduction)?

If you notice from the pictures, my left breast is a cup larger than my right. I'm a 34ddd, but would like to reduce both to 34d ( 2 cups down on my left and One cup down on my right).

Will my breast look too saggy afterwards?

Thank you!

Need feedback on the ff docs for Breast Reduction

Admittedly, right after safety and experience, pricing is a huge factor in selecting a doctor. :) Yea, but it's what it is. I've narrowed down 8 doctors that I hope to schedule consultations with in the Houston, Sugar Land and Richmond area. Some are free anyways. The list is in order of preference based on extensive research spanning months, word of mouth and realself pictures ................
1. Dr. James Boynton 2. Dr. camille cash 3. Dr. Malik Kutty 4. Dr. Sam Sukkar 4. Dr. Malik Kutty 5. Dr. Cortes (seems like BBL is his fortay. I need a b00b man :) lolz). 6. Dr. Jason Bailey 7. Dr. Vitenas 8. Dr. R. Bidros
.......... Nipple sensitivity, total nipple removal, type of incisions, symmetry and God forbid, potential complications are also important. Can anyone make recommendations for BR surgery based on experience?

Did I mention that I'm in grad school spending half of my time on boob research than schoolwork. Hehe! I swear I could give an excellent presentation on #B00bwork if there's such a thing. Stay blessed Y'all.

My first 'real' consultation - J & L shaped anchor

As stated earlier, I'd be paying out of pocket (secretly wishing to win the Powerball ) hee.heee..hee :D so finding an excellent PS at a teaching Hospital in the Houston area has been my primary assignment for weeks now. My primary concern is obtaining the best results possible. Surprisingly, they are FULLY BOOKED and scheduling an appointment has been a nightmare. **it takes a couple of phone calls to reach anyone.** hmnnnn. My two options are BCM and UTPhysicians. The surgery would be by a chief resident PS (fellow) under the supervision of an attending board-certified PS. I'm also scheduled for a free consultation to see the supervising PS who will 'analyze' my case in comparison to that of the fellow and give an approval. The PS at UTPhysicians was great. She knows her stuff with great explanations, pictures et al and was very willing to go over things with me again as well as answer a few new questions I had. ...nipple graft is unnecessary in my case and i loved to hear that. :) We decided on the vertical anchor incision so Instead of a full anchor, I'm getting a J or L shaped vertical scar, essentially half an anchor with my cleavage area scar-less. Love it!

My next consultation is scheduled for next week at BCM. I'll compare technique and quality before making a decision. So sooo excited!

How do you feel about two PS working on your breast at the same time

I was told at my first consult that a resident will work on one breast along the attending surgeon who will work on the other?

Anyone experienced this? I'm worried about symmetry and I was assured that it turns out just fine. #JustCurious

Got Insurance

I'm back desperately for this surgery since I purchased student insurance in January. I tried to lose 30 pounds so I can look amazing afterwards. I've lost some, but definitely not 30lbs ... hehehe.. I hope my insurance covers this procedure. .... (Fingers crossed ... xx).

Yaaaaayyyy!! Sugery for July 14th Approved by Insurance

I can't believe this super duper miracle today. My PS informed me that my breast reduction has been approved by my insurance company. I'm talking in one week!! How awesome!

This journey started as a result of my insecurities with my large breasts. Last year, without insurance, I almost used a resident doctor who quoted my surgery at $5,400, but I decided to provide better documentation with physical therapy, documented weight loss and a personal letter explaining my frustrations to the insurance company. If anyone needs a copy of my letter, I'll gladly share. :) I purchased student insurance and it worked! Praise God.

Having read numerous reviews of PS in the Houston area, I'll be using a PS in Baylor College of Medicine. He's not only a PS, but an instructor in the dept of plastic surgery. Hope this turns out great.

See, I've not only been upgraded from a lurker to an active participant now. God is faithful!
I know I sound quite "Church-eous" right now just like a preacher's daughter. :D

Before pictures ... just for comparison

I hope this beautiful blouse closes properly. As you'd notice, I spend $$$ on Enella sports bras. They hold me up nicely during a run, but heck, it also hurts my shoulders.

R.I.P DDD ... Heading down the C lane. :)

Before pictures ... just for comparison

Bra Bonfire :) Sure thing!

R.I.P 32DDD ... Hello perky!

Can't wait to get this over with.

I've seen every picture of b00Bs on the internet. I'm like breast-obsessed right now. Can July come already? LOL.

Just for post-op comparison

I've been waist training for a while and trying to lose some damn 15 lbs before my surgery in two months. See, how my cup runs over?? Not nice.

Scared of a protruding tummy!!

Working hard at it. Time will tell.

Pre-op Testimony!

My PS office asked if I'd like to move my surgery date a month closer and I screamed, "Heck yea!". My surgery is less than 2 weeks away and i'm super excited. I'll update your guys on my surgery ....excited much!

Exactly One week away!!! Supplies check .... Home prep

Hmnnn ... So I went out to get all the necessary supplies for my BR surgery. I got 4 bras from Walmart cos' I'm not sure which one fits. I got 2 Fruit of the Loom bras and 2 Danskin bras. I'd rather return the unused ones that find myself running to the store days after my surgery to get them.
I got Nextcare blue tape
gauge pads
Nursing pads
Tylenol Extra Strength
Prune juice
Bio-oil
Neosporin (equate)
Animal crackers (Love 'em)
I looked for Bromelain at Walmart, CVS and Walgreens and the pharmacists looked at me like "what the heck is that for?" Oohh ... well, I may just do without it.

I also have my recliner in the living room ready for a 24-hour crash-fest!!

My next update will be on the day of surgery. Can anyone please recommend anything I may be missing? Thanks.

Joy cometh in the morning!!!!

I don't know where to start with this update, but I'm hoping that an update will act as a huge stress relief for me. My surgery was scheduled for June 16 and as you can see (from my pictures), I purchased bras, meds, food and everything I'll need 2 weeks. Heck, my 2 weeks work leave was approved for June 16. soooooo, what happened?

4 days prior to the scheduled date, I received a call from the Hospital in Houston - St Luke's informing me that I'll need to co-pay $9,445 for my surgery (20%) because my insurance will be paying $32,000 (80%). Huh??? I was livid! How much does it cost to get a BR at a private clinic, I asked myself. So I called my PS office (they are sweethearts) and they simply told me that all I'll pay is $750 ($250 deductible inclusive) to the PS, but the Anesthesia and Hospital costs really has nothing to do with their office.

The devil is a liar!!! Let's do some maths here ladies - $1210 anathesia costs + $750 Plastic surgery office + $9,445 St Luke's Hospital OR costs = $11,405 copay??? Ma'am, you can do a payment plan bla bla bla. Nope, I don't owe a dime in credit card costs, graduated college debt free so why should I owe you while I'm insured. Yeah right ... forget it!

So I cancelled surgery. I've decided to fund the surgery myself at a public hospital - Ben Taub or UT Southwestern in Dallas and I was given quotes approx $6,000 (all inclusive). I need a few months to save and get the ball rollin' again. It may tarry, but I can't quit ...won't quit!

Hope is NOT lost .... Back in the saddle

My pursuit of smaller boobs has been full of ups and downs that my review can't fully explain. But, here I am, once again in the pursuit of something I've always wanted and I believe now is the time.
Proverbs 6:19 - "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps". All I can do is plan, plan plan and nothing else.
I got a new job in March with Cigna insurance and I'm hoping they cover my procedure this time around. Read reviews on how they;'re the worst insurance company to deal with in regards to breast reductions, however, I'm willing to take a shot at it ...*fingers crossed**

Accepting congratulatory messages at this time :)

Hello, it's been a long ass ride with this BR thing. I've been pursuing different insurance companies since 2013!!
2013 - Denied
2014 - Approved by AIG in 2014, but the out of pocket max was $35,000. Can I get a LOL?? Lolz. :D 2015 - Denied by Cigna in 2015.
2016 - My employer switched providers this year to BCBS of TX and was approved this month...YAY!!

It's been crazy. (Read my old reviews)...I deserve a trophy for one of the most persistent, longstanding members of this forum. ..Holla!!

A few pointers for those starting out - Things I found out on my own:
1. Make few consultations before surgery (Max 3 Plastic Surgeons).
2. If you're depending on Insurance coverage for a part of the surgery - 80/20 or 100%, do not waste your time and money scheduling appointments with doctors that are in-network, but want you to pay out of pocket.
3. When you call to schedule an appointment, ask if the PS uses insurance for Breast Reduction. If not, go somewhere else. Just because they're in-network does not mean that they're willing to go through that.
4. Most doctors with private practices discourage you from using insurance. They all told me that my insurance would not cover BR and they'll give me a favorable discount bla bla bla...BS!
5. Another technical market trap is that my insurance would cover a reduction, but I should pay out of pocket for a lift (as much as $2,000). Many PS would do a reduction + lift at the same time.
6. Care Credit only cares about your pocket. Unless necessary, please avoid. Don't let any Plastic Surgery Office put any pressure to commit to a credit card for surgery. I graduated college, got a masters out of pocket, no loan, no debts, so why should I spend my money carelessly?
7. Know and understand your insurance policies. Know your out of pocket max before surgery? It may be cheaper to pay without insurance.

In the end, though it tarries, it would come if you believe.
**Parting with the biggest insecurity of my life** Scheduled for surgery March 30.

???? Surgery is done and I'm 100% pleased so far

Back to March 30 --> Family dropped me off at Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center at 6:30am. I was alone and somewhat nervous lol. I wasn't given a specific surgery time so I kept the entire day open. Checked into admission. Signed paperwork and paid my out of pocket max $1,100. ??

They explained the pre-op and post-op process. I was moved to the pre-op room with other patients awaiting surgery. Each patient had their "room" with a bed and monitor and sectioned with curtains all round. I didn't feel secluded or in the open. It was alright. The pre-op nurses were fun to talk to. They kept me calm and answered all my questions. I waited in the pre-op room for over 4 hours drifting in/out of sleep. At 10:30am, my PS walks in and marks me up for surgery. Other medical personnel walk in to introduce themselves. Two anesthesiologists, the surgery nurse and pain control team, etc ... Others I don't remember. The anesthesiologist put something in my IV and I knew I'll soon be out. They wheeled me into surgery at 11am and the last thing I remember is someone asking me to sit up so they can put pain medicine in my spine (back). I rolled facing down and found myself in recovery.. Sweet!!! Huh??

Surgery lasted for over 4 hours. The post-op nurse woke me up at 4pm. Pain level - 0/10. Zero pain. Although, I expected worse - to choke, cough with a burning chest or headaches or feel like I got run over by a bus. None of that!! I was at 100%. No drains, no bleeding (knock on wood). That day, I didn't feel like I had surgery.

At 5pm, they wheeled me into the discharge area and I sent a text message to my brother to come pick me up. I asked the discharge nurse for water and pain meds, just in case. My ride came at 6:30pm, picked up my prescription on my way home and crashed all night. I tried to keep up with the hydrocodone every 4 hours and i think it helped.

I gained about 10 lbs prior to surgery. I was nervous and ate for days!!! I'm still bloated and will take a stool softener today. Hope it helps.

Last night was intense. Funny how the actual surgery is not an issue but sleeping on my back kills me!! My right boob hurts on the sides and I can now feel slight pains on my incision lines and discomfort when I walk. My PS asked me not to apply anything until our post-op appointment. I stocked up on Bromelain, Arnica, Emu oil, bio-oil, next ape blue tape, nursing pads, etc. waiting patiently to use them.

Post-op day 4 update - PS is Christi Blakkolb

Feeling light with sensation in both nipples. I've started getting the "zingers" like a zzzzzzzzz stretch pulling across the incisions and around my nipples. It's not painful, but annoying lol. I've learned to use my palms and not my full hands ( if you know what I mean) cos when I perform any activity that involves my entire hands, my boobs start hurting a little so I walk like a robot, eat like one and heck, I even learned to chop veggies like a robot!! Hahahaha

Overall, pain level is 0.
If you're in the Houston area, Christi Blakkolb with UT Physicians is a good surgeon. I was hesitant because I didn't see a lot of reviews about her, but she's easy to talk to, knows her stuff and the hospital staff have nice things to say about her too. I was able to schedule my surgery in 2 weeks. Bueno!!

I wanted to look small, round and full. I got just that -- like implants, but not really. :)

One week post-op + driving lightly + back to exercising (slow long walks)

I'm healing nicely. I took the pain meds (Hydrocodone and Tylenol) for 3 days. I stopped taking it cos I'm not in pain and didn't see the need for that.

I never lift my hands over my shoulders. I'm extremely cautious about that. Few times I did, I felt a "pulling" on my incisions.

One thing I'll say is that everyone heals differently. I expected worse prior to surgery from reading other reviews on here. I don't wish to simplify things, but if you're relatively healthy and active, you'd be fine. I returned all the products I purchased back to the store today (Bromelain, Arnica, extra nursing and gauze pads, extra bras, unused pain meds, multiple skin tapes ... I went overboard. Lol) Don't need 'em!!
The only thing I use is a nursing pad (my PS asked me not to bother, but I'd rather use it under my bra), Bio-oil, anti-itch cream and a skin tape to protect the incision areas.

My monthly cycle started 4-days post op. Same symptoms as before - swollen breasts and no pain. I've never had menstrual pain or cramps in my life.

I've started daily SLOW one-hour walks. I secure my breasts with nursing pads and light towels under a tight surgical bra. Walking lightly, drinking at least 64oz of water and taking breaks as needed. I won't start running or strength training until after a month.

Shoulder and back pain is gone!!! I can't believe how much pain having huge breasts caused me in the past. I don't regret this surgery!! So far, the best thing I've ever done.

Not sure if I'm a C or D. It doesn't matter. From 32ddd to whatever I am now, the difference is clear!!!! Pray it doesn't get smaller than this though.

3 weeks post-op: Returned to everyday activity + Strength training

Nothing new except that my swelling has reduced significantly and I still get occasional zingers in both breasts.

Still so surreal

Very well pleased.

One month post-op.... feels like yesterday.

Most times, I don't remember I had a BR surgery. It's been so smooth of a journey and I thank God for it. No pains, no complications (knock on wood) and easy recovery.

Few things though, I'm hoping to regain full sensitivity in my right nipple. :) I sometimes get the zingers, but don't as often as before. I worry that it may not come although my research online reveals that I should expect it within 6 months - one year. I also learned that it doesn't affect my ability to breastfeed. Whew!!! Leftie is ultra-sensitive to everything....weird much.

I wish I still had the swelling-type fullness immediately after surgery. ???????? I loved the look of implants though I may never get them. My breast are drooping to a more natural look, but I miss the roundness. Still a 34D which is perfect for 5"10 lady. I wanted to be a C cup, but naaa... too small for my body frame.

Lol .... A BR surgery definitely motivates you to work out more. I'm back to strength training/Ab work though conscious about overhead exercises. My closet is slowly upgrading to classier and nicer pieces. I can confidently show off my upper body/shoulders/d├ęcolletage/back muscles without worries....WIN!!

The only thing I won't try is running until, maybe, 3 months post-op. I'd rather walk a million miles than run at this time.

Two Months Post-Op - Returned to full activity (32ddd - 32d)

One of the best decisions I've made in my life. No complaints whatsoever except that my PS extended the incisors at bit too far out on my sides. My PS asked me NOT to apply any ointment/scar gel whatsoever till after 60 days so I'll start using Shea butter + Bio oil twice daily on my scars.

Anything, my right nipple hasn't regained full sensitivity :) I've been praying about it. Lol seriously!!!

My advise to anyone considering this surgery is to chill a bit. Don't go crazy buying bras, extensive supplies, applying all sorts on your skin and doing the most. Don't touch it and keep the incision areas dry 24/7 to avoid any issues. I didn't apply nada except neosporin when it itched in the first week. Though I understand that everyone heals differently.
Dr. Christi Blakkolb

Excellent young beautiful Plastic Surgeon. I waited one month post-op to leave this review for a breast reduction surgery. She's easy to talk to and attentive to you and most importantly, she's got "good hands". My surgery was pain-free, complication-free and easy. I got out of surgery with zero-pain though I'm healthy and never required any doctor's visit for anything. I recommend her to anyone in the Houston area. She knows her stuff!! I'd be honest that her team sucks!! I don't care who reads this, it's an opinion based on my experience. If you care about an extensive follow-up with your nurse, go find you another surgeon. Dr. Blakkolb prolly hired a ghost as her nurse cos' I've never seen or heard from that person, not even a call post-op, not one. I don't care for all that pampering and stuff, but what about other patients with health conditions that may require continuous follow-up? Her office only contacts you when its payment-related. They mess up your insurance information and are unresponsive to insurance requests. You gotta DO-IT-ALL-BY-YOURSELF. I called BCBS everyday. In fact, they were all celebrating when I was approved for surgery cos' they were tired of my calls...Lol.. The front desk ladies at UT West-loop are excellent too. So far, it been a life-changing experience. I chose the right doctor. Thanks Dr. Blakkolb.