39, 5'8", 154lbs, 36A/AA - Houston, TX

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

My surgery is in 3 days! I started on this quest...

My surgery is in 3 days! I started on this quest for boobies on May 13 when I asked a friend for a referral. The doctor recommended 400cc high profile silicone implants after looking at 3D imaging. Took sizers home for Memorial Day and fell in love with them. Loved how they looked with my wardrobe!!

This time tomorrow

This time tomorrow I'll be home and about 5 hours post-op. I took a few before pictures this morning.

Day 0: Augmentation Day!

Even with the pain, I'm in a much better emotional state than I was prior to surgery. My anxiety spiked, and I've had trouble sleeping. Looking forward to use the ambien tonight and hope I'll be able to be comfortable -- either in the bed or the chair. This morning, I woke up around 6 and kept myself busy tidying up until it was time to leave. Had to go to the bathroom, but decided to wait until getting into dr's office. The nurse set me up in a nice room with a recliner where I changed into my gown, socks and hair net. She weighed me, took my blood pressure and struggled to get the needle placed in my hand for the anesthesiologist. Next, the doctor came in with his sharpie and started making his marks, confirming what we were doing and asked if I had any questions. Had none. Anesthesiologist came in and inserted the needle like a pro, moved me to the surgery room and started my first dose of meds. The table was great: heated pads underneath, leg massagers and my armrests perpendicular to my body. I was told the meds would take a few minutes to kick in, but I was still talking... and then bam, I woke up in the recovery room. From my husband's perspective: the nurse came out three times with updates and the doctor came out once. Once we were in the car headed home, I finished the bottled water they gave me in the office and started the bag of pretzels they gave me. No nausea, just a foggy feeling. Drank a second bottle of water in the car (I was more thirsty than hungry at this point) and eventually made my way from the bathroom to the recliner at home. I had leftover risotto I had made the night before, along with yogurt and applesauce for lunch, slept for an hour, drank more hour... on repeat. It wasn't until later in the afternoon that I started thinking about pain. It was hard to pinpoint was exactly hurt, but with the submuscular placement -- I'm attributing that to what felt like a push-up marathon. I iced with peas for 20 minutes after my first nap and then again after the kids went down. Pizza for dinner but having a difficult time telling whether I'm eating to eat or because I'm hungry. Before dinner, I had some popcorn after my husband admitted he was hungry. I'm learning to use my leg muscles instead of my arm muscles to move chairs and help me get to the edge of the couch or chair before standing. I've been trying to be super careful about how I reach, but there have been a few times where I tried to reach for something and had to pull back in pain. What surprised me most is the difficulty I had opening my prescription bottles. I haven't been able to figure out how to open those without using my chest muscles. Also, I have needed help tightening my water bottle, but I'm okay lifting the water pitcher to refill my bottle. Sitting here right now with my shirt unzipped. I like what I see! The nerves in my nipples seem unaffected, other than the localized swelling there and in my breasts. Any questions?

Day 0 - Pics

Prior to babies and breastfeeding, my breasts were small A cup. As I began to breastfeed, I learned that I had inverted nipples, which made latching a challenge. I used a nipple shield with both pregnancies and hated it.

My first post-op thought was - wow - pointy nipples! Curious to see if that's just temporary swelling or or part of my new look.

Now that I'm past the freaking out about surgery, I wonder what it'll be like to start driving, eventually swimming and more immediately what it'll be like going without a bra for the next few weeks.

Dairy of daily activities - Post-op Days 5-8

Thought it might be helpful for active moms researching the recovery process to have some insight on one person's experience. I stay at home with my two girls, aged 4 and 5.

6/16 - Day 8 - Feels like I'm wearing an underwire bra that's too tight. Except I haven't worn a bra per doctor's instruction. The pain is at my incision site. Went to the grocery store for a few items and am still getting winded. Occasional pain on sides if I turn, twist, bend over, reach. Driving much easier today, but still holding bottom of steering wheel.
6/15 - Day 7 - Took kids to splash pad, felt light-headed sitting in the sun. Pushed myself a little hard with two more stops where I over-exerted. Left side hurts more than right. Maybe pulling door closed after getting in car? Took 2 Advil for headache and pain when I got home. Iced for 20m. Bruising is getting much better and
6/14 - Day 6 - First time driving. Holding bottom of the wheel (5&7 o'clock), turning and parking with several slow short movements. Would have been okay, but I decided to make two more stops, finishing up with a big trip to the grocery store. Over-exerted and exhausted. Almost hit a car my first attempt parking.
6/13 - Day 5 - Husband is back at work. My girls had a friend over for a play date. Washed 3 loads of laundry. Had my daughter help me move laundry to dryer for first load. Got winded moving and folding laundry, making lunch... Was happy to spend the afternoon on the couch visiting with a friend. Bruising on sides and between breasts is yellow. Tightness in chest when taking deep breaths. Alternated between Tylenol and Advil throughout the day.

~ 3 months post-op

Have an appt with my PS this week. Still happy with my results and enjoyed swim season this year.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sukkar set me at ease at the consultation. With a referral from a friend, I happily proceeded with Dr. Sukkar. Described my goals, and I appreciated his expertise, recommendations and the outcome. His office staff was helpful throughout the process.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
4 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful