Mom of 3- Future BBL Doll - Houston, TX

My surgery is coming up in the next few weeks. I...

My surgery is coming up in the next few weeks. I met with Dr Cortes one time for my consultation. I have followed him on Youtube for about 2 years and was sure I wanted him as my surgeon. I paid my full surgery the day of my consultation so I wouldn't have to worry about it later. I will be meeting with him again in 2 weeks for my preop visit and then to my hospital pre op visit. I will update soon!

More pre-op pics

Ughhh I hope I never have to look like this again!

Pre-op visit= DONE!

So I had my pre-op visit yesterday. It all went well. I was a little bummed because I didn't get to see the Dr. I'm assuming he was operating? Idk. I only saw the nurse. Which I was ok with anyway because he was very honest and thorough during my consultation. I'll be seeing him before surgery anyway. The nurse was the sweetest thing ever. Very knowledgeable and patient. She took her time with me and pretty much said she'd be my go-to person for after surgery. She took my pictures and explained everything for after surgery. I received my prescriptions and off I went to register at the hospital.

I wasn't able to pay because the facility, anesthesia and other charge (can't remember off the top of my head what) need to be paid separately. I had a full amount on one cashiers check from my bank :( so make sure y'all take 3 individual payments! Besides that, they were very nice and attentive. Got all the paperwork done and blood drawn. I spent about 3 hours at the hospital with the whole process. I met 2 other ladies that will also be getting bbls done with Cortes. It was nice to meet other girls in the same journey as me.

Everything seems so real now! I'm so excited and can't wait to become a Cortes Doll!

Starting to sink in

Everything is starting to feel so real now. My surgery is a week from tomorrow. I seriously cannot wait. I'm feeling a tad bit scared and anxious. At my preop I changed from getting arm lipo to getting my axilas/bra line lipo. For some reason I thought that was included in the back Lipo but it's not. So I decided to exchange the arms for that. Because I can work out my arms and tone them but not that specific area! I pray to God that everything turns out amazing!

Started buying goodies

It feels so real now!

2 days!!!!

I just received a call from the hospital to confirm my surgery on Monday morning! Things are starting to feel real!

Just a couple of hours away!

I can't believe the day is finally here!! I'm beyond excited and can't wait to look like a doll (: I'll update as soon as I can!

Made it!

I'm officially a new recovering patient. I am in the most uncomfortable pain ever. I underestimated this pain. When I woke up, I felt as if I had 1000 bricks on my back and butt. I'm soooo swollen and can't find a comfortable position. Laying on your lipoed tummy hurts soo bad!

The nurse took the urinal catheder out at midnight and that was such a relief. I was able to get up and walk for a few min. Until i felt very dizzy and threw up. Something that is helping me is standing up next to the bed and having it lifted all the way up and leaning against it.

My poor husband has had no sleep. He's been taking such good care of me.

Can't type more bc my fingers are super swollen and they hurt. I'll update later

1 day post op

So sore! The pain is getting a bit more intense since it's not as strong as the hospitals pain meds and intravenous. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. The worst part is getting in and out of bed :(

Oh and I had 2 bowels already, very watery bowels. I guess it's because of the stool softeners they gave me. Taking the faja off and putting it back on is the worst!

2 days post op

The swelling? YESS!!! They don't call it swell hell for nothing!! My face, eyes, chest, fingers, and wrists are supper swollen.

I'm doing a lot better! Each day is becoming better and I am more mobile. Getting in n out of bed is still a challenge but we'll get there! I have my appointment at the Dr office on Monday and I can't wait to get out of this whole body garment and into the other one they provide.

Rough day :( normal I guess

Today's day 3 post op and it's been a rough one! Getting in and out of bed is a real struggle. I barely had any sleep. When I lay down I feel like I get more swollen. This morning my wrists and fingers were super swollen. I am barely draining anything but the Nurse said it was normal. She said I'd drain more next week once she gives me the new one piece garment since it'll be tighter. Can't wait! Especially to have the drain removed! I'm scared of that and how it'll feel when she takes it out.

Today I woke up questioning myself on why I did this to my body! I guess it's part of the healing process bc we all just want to see results immediately. Well that's not the case with this surgery! The pain isn't helping much either. It's a constant non stop soreness that doesn't go away. Pain meds only help so much. Healing can take weeks and weeks! I just really hope I'm ready in 11 days when I go back to work.

The bruising is no joke

My lipo areas feel super numb and are soooo bruised!! I'm not really in pain as of right now.. just discomfort. I can't wait for these days to pass by! I just want to start feeling like myself again. :(

Picture update

No caption needed!

10 days post op :)

10 days post op :)

13 days post op

I go back to work tomorrow. I don't think I'm fully ready to do so. I still feel like I get tired easily and need to stop to lay down. It'll be good mentally to be able to get my mind off things and be able to socialize instead of being home with only my mom and husband like I have the past 13 days lol

Still very bruised and a little swollen!

I was able to sit today using the bbl "pillow" which isn't really a pillow! It looks and feels like a roll of styrofoam! I'll have to order something more comfortable online. This styrofoam thing was a big let down. I expected nothing but a quality product from such a prestigious doctor, but I guess that's what I have to work with until my new one comes in. I haven't attempted to drive yet, but tomorrow I'll have to, so we'll see how that goes!

20 days post op

20 days! Wow!
It's been a hell of a ride! Roller coaster of emotions and swelling. Things have finally almost made it back to normal since this past week. Everything besides the swelling and stiffness. I started my massages on Friday and will continue the treatment tomorrow, Wednesday, and Friday. It has helped tremendously and I can't wait to get the rest of them to alleviate some of the horrible stiffness.

We just left church and I was just reflecting on everything I went through. It's hard. It's surgery and things tend to get ugly! But better days are sure come. If I would've known it was THIS hard, I would've waited till the summer to get it done. But what is done is done and I'm just going to continue pushing through it. I love my results and that's what matters the most!

Exactly 1 month post op

Today is exactly one month post op. There is so much to say and explain. I feel like no one can really prepare you for this surgery. Everyone is different and everyone takes pain differently and situations as well. I came in to doing this with a very positive attitude. I was open minded the whole way and have tried to stay that way. If I could go back and have the option to do this again, I would. Dr. Cortes is an amazing and talented doctor. He know what he is doing and gives extremely amazing results. You have to follow his exact instructions as you should with any other doctor/procedure. The results he gave me are very impressive. I love my body and have never had so many compliments about it like I have in the past 2/3 weeks. Yes it's hard, but it's worth it.

Everything up until the surgery was amazing. The after care is what is disappointing. If you expect to see the Dr. After surgery, get ready to be let down. I didn't see him up until 4 days ago for the first time post op. I know he is a busy man with many surgeries to perform, but at least one week post op would've been nice to see him instead of his staff members. During the healing process, you are an emotional wreck and just need to be assured that everything is ok and that you look great! That is not always the vibe or response you get from the office. Another let down, The bbl "pillow" you get is a roll of styrofoam and not really a pillow. So order yourself the real bbl pillow ($100) ahead of time. Also, the garments, I've spent so much $ on different garments because the one he provides is EXTREMELY uncomfortable and creates a crease on your back and abdomen. I had not experienced long wait times until this last appointment. I waited 2 hours!! Mind you, I can't properly SIT!!! After the long wait time, I got to see him for about 2-3 minutes. The office was jam packed and I understand he was busy, but come on! I had a billion questions and had to stop him to ask him 3 questions! Jeans? Sit? Workout? Answers: Yes jeans now. Sit-NO for 12 weeks!!!? (Wtf) he had said yes to sitting after 6 weeks and I guess that is now changed... and no working out till 6 weeks.

At this point in the game, I just feel DONE with this process and want to be at my 3 month mark already. I've come a long way, I'm proud of myself, I'm happy with my results. I'm just trying to have the brights outweigh the darks.

So far, The only time I met him everything went fine. He was very humble and caring during my consultation. I truly hope things stay like that and I will keep you guys posted as soon as I do my preop visit in two weeks.