29 Yo, No Kids, Buying the Butt the Gym Isn't Giving Me!!! - Houston, TX

I have lost 50 pounds by eating clean and...

I have lost 50 pounds by eating clean and exercising regularly. I don't desire to get too much smaller in overall size. I just want smoother curves. Specifically, less back rolls, more butt projection and less belly projection. I am factoring into my expectations continued improvement after surgery due to maintaining a diet and exercise regime. I have been stalking Realself and YouTube for the past two years. I finally worked up the courage to contact my top choices in Houston, Texas for consultations. My first consultation is this Friday with Dr. Ericka Sato. If all goes well, this plastic surgeon will actually be the one for me. She appears to give really natural looking results and judging by the reviews, she is super caring compared to some of the "bigger names" in this city. I may end up paying upwards of $2000 more than I would in Miami or the DR, but home is where my support is for this process and my recovery. Please let me know if you have had any great or horrible experiences with Houston area plastic surgeons. Please let me know if you have any insight to offer about lipo and Brazilian butt lifts. I'm following many of you dolls, so feel free to follow my journey as well. Besides showing my face, I'm an open book LOL.

I went with Dr. Erika Sato!

I can't change the doctor's name on this post from "pending" to my actual surgeon, Dr. Erika Sato, so I'm making a new review. Check out my profile to get to it. Stay tuned!

22 DAYS POST OP with Dr. Sato!!!

I ended up going with Dr. Ericka Sato after our consultation today! I'm so freaking excited!

Office: The office is very nice, high in the sky in the heart of the Houston Medical Center (parking garage fees suck). They'll actually be moving locations soon to a free standing building just for their clinic that is currently under construction near Memorial City Mall, with free parking.

The staff: When I called for a consultation, the receptionist was very pleasant and had an opening within a few days. I was emailed a link to a website where I could fill out new patient paper work in advance. Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly, smiles on everyone's faces. My moral support buddy and I only spent a few minutes in the waiting room with a couple, but the receptionist still checked on us in that short time.

The consultation: Dr. Sato, or Erika as she introduced herself, personally greeted us and walked us to her office. We discussed my goals/expectations, her experience/qualifications, the BBL procedure, recovery, follow up care, etc. We even shared some little personal anecdotes. We moved over to an exam room where the medical assistant took my vitals. Dr. Sato took a look at my wish pics and at my body. What I appreciated the most was her clearly HONEST and KNOWLEDGEABLE insight on how she would help make me the best version of myself. The conversation had such an easy going flow that I didn't realize we had been with her for 45 minutes yall! I feel confident she'll give me the NATURAL looking results I'm looking for in my BBL and I feel SAFE in her care. The Patient Coordinator, Stephanie, who was super sweet, reviewed the itemized cost and scheduling with me after the consultation. She gave me her card and assured me she would be reachable by phone or email. I called Stephanie twice with scheduling questions after my consultation and both times she was available like to speak like she said she would be!

The cost: With the $1500 discount on BBL's Dr. Sato currently offers on RealSelf, my cost will be $8K. This includes...
- Lipo of upper and lower abdomen, waistline, love handles and back (up to 5 liters)
- Fat transfer to butt and hips (BBL)
- Mid thigh length girdle (faja)
- 4 lipo foam sheets
- Operating room fee (located at the office)
- Anesthesia
- All pre op and post op visits (up to 1 year post op, seen by Dr. Sato herself)

What's next: I was so blessed someone ended up rescheduling and an opening became available during a time that works for me! I wasn't home for a full hour before I called back and took the date Monday, May 23rd! I have a pre-op appointment in less than 3 weeks and the actual procedure in less than a month! With guidance from Dr. Sato and many of you dolls, I am already placing orders to build up my "surgery care kit".

Please stick with me on this journey. I could really use encouragement and any knowledge/insight you dolls have to offer! I plan on updating every step of the way throughout recovery as well.

Possible boppy pillow substitute?

This product is called the Backjoy kneller. It's $7 at Walmart. It's meant to be used to provide comfort for your knees and back when you have to kneel down to do activities. I'm going to try to use it to protect my new booty after my BBL in less than a month. If it turns out to not be a good fit, no harm no foul, because it's not expensive and I'll still use it for kneeling. Yay for getting creative on a budget! Just wanted to share. Please share what affordable bbl boppy pillow substitutes y'all recommend? Thanks!

BBL Walmart Haul & Selfies

My BBL Supply Must Haves & Splurges!

My doctor suggested: back up faja to wear while the other is in laundry, compression socks to help prevent blood clots and a donut cushion for sitting.

My doctor’s patient coordinator suggested: Kotex pads, gauze or tissue to keep the wounds clean/dry and a donut cushion for sitting.

Besides that, I’ll be given all the prescriptions I need at pre-op a week before. Sooo…anything extra you see on the list below is me over preparing, because I won’t have anyone to run to the store for me to buy things as they come up or me simply splurging.

If I’m missing anything you highly recommend, please let me know! Thanks!

1. Colombian post-surgery faja (http://www.amazon.com/Colombian-Post-Surgery-Postpartum-Shaper-Removable/dp/B00MI8Z002?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A2WZCXBMB0GK7L)
2. Abdominal Board for flattening/minimizing lumps and bumps on my tummy (http://www.amazon.com/Colombian-Post-Surgery-Postpartum-Shaper-Removable/dp/B00MI8Z002?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A2WZCXBMB0GK7L)
3. pStyle Female Urinal for peeing while standing up (http://www.amazon.com/pStyle-Pink/dp/B002AA2LD2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_4&smid=A1BYUN7NX1PFJP)
4. Arnica Montana pellets for bruising, pain and muscle soreness, starting these two weeks pre-op (http://www.amazon.com/Hylands-Montana-Tablets-Bruising-Soreness/dp/B001EPQ4Y6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER)
5. Half foam roller for sitting at home (http://www.amazon.com/CanDo-High-Density-Roller-Black/dp/B001FXX02Q?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER)
6. Donut cushion for sitting while driving (http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Fredericks-Original-Donut-Cushion/dp/B00SPE3JDI?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A2NFXBXJ5ESS0Q)
7. Backjoy kneeler for sitting, this will be an experiment since I haven’t seen anyone else try this (Walmart in store)
8. (2) Arnica Gel 2.6oz. for muscle pain, stiffness, swelling and bruising (Walmart in store)
9. Equate Gentle Relief Stool Softener to help with constipation from taking narcotic pain meds (Walmart in store)
10. Alcohol Prep Pads to keep wounds clean(Walmart in store)
11. Pet All Star Training Pads in case wounds leak while in bed(Walmart in store)
12. Compression Socks to help prevent blood clots in legs due to decreased activity after surgery(Walmart in store)
13. Assurance Premium Washcloths until you have the strength to take showers, which hopefully will be day two for me lol (Walmart in store)
14. Dial Antibacterial Body Wash for keeping body/wounds clean/bacteria free (Walmart in store)
15. Cute thongs & big panties (Walmart in store)
16. Spaghetti strap tops to wear under faja to avoid demarcations in skin (Walmart in store)
17. Liposuction Foam Compression Sheets for extra compression/flattening of inflamed skin post op (buying extra from doctor’s office)
18. Bathrobe & loose night gowns (Already own several)

Pre Op Appointment DONE! ONE WEEK OUT!

I had my Pre Op appointment with Dr. Sato on Monday, 5/16, ONE WEEK OUT. I received a pre op information packet upon arrival. It included my surgery summary, which noted my procedure, my surgeon, my surgery date/time, my expected arrival time, and surgery location. It also included very helpful lists for instructions on practices to start/stop 2 weeks pre op and 1 week pre op. I also had to feel out a form clarifying any medical conditions, my pre op medication regimen, current weight and height. My prescription scripts from Dr. Sato were also in there.

I was in the waiting room for maybe 5 minutes before nurse Katy brought me into the exam room. I was asked to get totally naked and put on the gown. Nurse Katy went over all of the electronic disclosure and consent forms with me. She approved my pre op medication regimen, which is a daily women's gummy multivitamin and Arnica 30X. She escorted me over to another room that was set up with lighting and a monitor where I could see the pre op photos live as they were being taken. She got EVERY ANGLE and it was scary to see myself in such a clear light. Nurse Katy was polite and encouraging though. She took me back over to the exam room and Dr. Sato came in shortly after.

Dr. Sato gave me the opportunity to get clarification on any questions. She looked over my body and we refreshed each other on exceptions. I am having my procedure done in the office operating room, which means the max fluid/fat she can remove is 5 liters. Any more than that would require doing it offsite in a special facility or hospital, which would come with it's own set of fees. In any case, she says I have at least 7 liters of fat, so I should be prepared for there to be some left over, but that I'll still look great. She will start the procedure working on my back, which is not traditional, but it's my main trouble area, so she was willing to do that for me. She says there could be about 2-3 liters from my back. They will then flip me over to do my stomach, then back over to round out my butt and hips. I appreciated her honesty, finesse and flexibility in explaining/planning things out.

I picked up my 5 prescriptions that same day. With my prescription insurance card, the total was only $11 at Walmart's pharmacy. I thought it would cost much more. If any of you don't have insurance, I recommend GoodRx.com for discounts on prescription meds. I included pics of my meds with this post if you're interested.

Ok I've been going on and on when I'm not even sure anyone is readying this stuff lol. I just want to be as detailed as possible for those who are interested. I'm officially less than one week out and getting nervous/excited. Let me know if yall have questions or advice at this stage in the game. Thanks!

Got the confirmation call! 3 DAYS UNTIL I'M SNATCHED!!!

Amy from dr. Soto's office call today to confirm that I will be there bright and early this Sunday morning at 7:30. She reminded me about some important last minute tips. Like showering with the anti bacterial soap, wearing something loose and comfortable that I don't have to pull over my head, bringing all my meds so that they can go over them with my friend who's going to be with me for the first 24 hours, all that good stuff. I'm so excited! I stopped at Walmart to grab some last-minute treats. I got pineapple juice, which has Bromelain that helps with reducing swelling. I also got some Ensure in case I'm not immediately in the mood for whole meals after surgery. Remember, I do have the Bromelain in pill form as well, but Dr. Sato is not giving me clearance to take those until week 2 post-op. No harm in drinking it in its natural form of pineapple juice right now though LOL!

My goal swimsuit 2 DAYS PRE OP!

Alright y'all, I have a lot of fun in the sun on the breach planned for July and August. I went crazy online and bought a ton of swimsuits, but this one is my very favorite one. The issue is my back looks a mess! Here are my last before pics before Dr. Sato snatches my back and waist. Praying the after is a huge improvement!

POST OP DAY 1: BEAUTY IS PAIN?

Surgery Day & Day 1 Post Op recap

Hi ladies, hope all is well. The day of surgery was a breeze. Dr. Sato and her team have great bedside manners and really made sure I was comfortable and informed of everything that would take place. The last thing I remember before going under was the nurse asking me what type of music I liked, then I was out of there LOL. The next thing I remember was my friend helping me into my own bed at home LOL. My friend told me Dr Sato and her team went over my meds, got me in a wheelchair and helped me into the car. Dr. Sato gave us her personal cell phone number in case any questions or concerns come up during my healing process. My friend just could not stop raving over how much she loves Dr. Sato's personality and would consider going to her for bariatric surgery. There was barely any pain on the day of surgery, which I now realize is because I was numb. This morning post-op day one I woke up feeling like I made a huge mistake by doing by doing this. I was in so much pain, leaking all over the place. Taking the promethazine today definitely helps keep my food down. Otherwise I'd be throwing up everything like I was yesterday. The pain meds really just knock me out long enough for me to not feel the pain, but as soon as I'm back awake I'm in pain. The pain is comparable to doing a zillion crunches. I'm a tough cookie though, so I've been able to work through it. My instructions have been to attempt to keep my faja full of lipo foam on for 7 days. I can either take a washcloth bath or as a last resort get in the shower with the whole faja on and let it air- dry on me. I can start bromelain on day 8, but I'm drinking pineapple juice in the meantime. I can have my first massage on day 8. I have my follow up with Dr Sato on day 13, but if I need to go into the office sooner, I can I just have to see her nurse, because Dr. Sato's out of town next week for a mission trip. I'm confident I'll be fine though. Alright ladies I'm in and out of sleepiness LOL. It's taken me all day to write this post. If I forgot anything, please feel free to ask me any questions and I'll get back to you. Thanks for the support!

6 DAYS POST OP! Rollercoaster ride!

Hi dolls! I hope all is well. Let me tell you, I'm 6 days post-op and it has been quite the roller coaster physically and mentally. Some days I think this isn't so bad and other days I think why in the hell did I do this to myself? LOL Let me start by saying that Dr. Sato is a freaking rock star. She gave my friend who cared for me for the first 24 hours her cell phone number in case we had any questions or concerns. She responded to text messages in a timely manner. She even personally called me to make sure that I was okay before she left out of town for a week for a mission trip. I am so happy with the decision that I made for my surgeon and would highly recommend her to anyone. I haven't wrote out my final review yet, because I want to at least make it to my first follow-up appointment. I definitely went back to work too soon. My procedure was on Monday May 23rd and I was back to work by the night of Thursday May 26th. Thankfully my work is not physically demanding and the overnight shift is pretty slow, so it definitely could have been worse. Still, it took a lot out of me to get ready, position myself in the car do not disturb my ass LOL, drive and do my duties for 8 hours.  Needless to say, I've been back home resting ever since LOL. I am scheduled to go back on the night of Tuesday May 31st. I'm feeling more confident though that my body will be more up to the task. I'm noticing a pattern. I'm in the most discomfort from this tight ass garment and the most swollen in the morning, as well as later in the evening. During the afternoon I'm more functional, able to get up and walk around my place, get things for myself out of the kitchen, Etc. Thank God for my family and friends though, because I live alone, but they have been practically taking shifts coming over here cooking, cleaning, keeping me company. I love them! Some Essentials for me throughout my healing we're definitely the dog training pads, because I was leaking like a mad woman for the first two days. I have been drinking pineapple juice, because it contains bromelain, which is good for reducing swelling. My doctor is giving me clearance to start taking the actual supplement post op day 8. I have been drinking lots of water and trying to keep my food healthy and low in sodium. I get to take my first shower in a week tomorrow, thank God! The premium presoaked washcloths and flushable wipes have been a lifesaver in the meantime. I use my Pstyle to use the restroom standing up all the time and shout out to my doctor for prescribing me a stool softener LOL. Lastly, I have been so blessed to have the Arnicare Gel! It provides almost immediate relief 4 soreness and even some itching. I'm also noticing that the bruising on the side of my back has been lightning pretty quickly. When I start my massages next week, I'm going to take it with me and ask my masseuse to incorporate it. Okay once again I'm running my mouth and who knows who is actually going to sit here and read this stuff LOL. I hope it is helpful for anyone who appreciates too much detail though. I included some pictures of me from today in some party dresses but I'm looking forward to wearing. I still have my faja on underneath and I'm VERY swollen, but I have to say I'm liking how things are looking so far. Shout out to Dr. Sato! Thanks to you ladies too for all your support. ????

1 WEEK POST OP: I showered today!

I had my first shower in a week today and it was amazing! There were some minor hiccups, but nothing I'm overly concerned about. The main one is one area of my skin was irritated from my faja being so tight and me being so swollen. I have a plan to do some skin scrubs and use Mederma to make it like new again. If you all have any suggestions too, please let me know! The other issue is I think it's going to take quite a few showers before I can get the residue off of my body from all the tape that was holding on the padding. Today I rubbed the sticky areas down with coconut oil, which did help. My next shower I'm going to try rubbing alcohol. Again, any other suggestions, I'm totally appreciative!

I washed the faja that Dr Sato put me in on surgery day and it's currently air drying. In the meantime, I'm wearing one that I got off of Amazon. I attached a video to show you all the faja and my booty currently. Check out my Amazon shopping haul post if you want the link to the faja.

My pain is very minimal today, mostly just discomfort from the tight fajas. I only needed to pop one hydrocodone today instead of one every 3 hours like a few days ago. I have been drinking lemon water and it has made a huge difference in reducing inflammation. Google the benefits of lemon water and see if you might be interested in incorporating it in your everyday life, even outside of recovering from surgery. I was able to go to lunch with some friends today. They drove and I laid in the back seat lol. I sat down on my Kneel Joy at the restaurant. It was comfortable and inconspicuous. Check out my post on the Kneel Joy for details if you're interested.

Okay ladies I return to work tomorrow night. I work overnight and my first lymphatic massage is Wednesday morning when I leave work. Of course I'll check back in to let you all know how that goes. Happy researching, happy healing and thanks so much for yall's support!

12 DAYS POST OP BBL: Massages galore!

Hi dolls! I hope yall are well. This post is all about massages, so either grab a cup of tea and kick back or just tune in next week for something more interesting lol. I attached some pics and a video of me giving myself a massage if you want to get straight to the good stuff! ;-) I had my first lymphatic massage on post op day 8. I honestly was a little scared, because I was still pretty sore, so the thought of someone rubbing it in was like aaahhh! Turns out lymphatic massages are so TENDER yall! The masseuse is feeling for the fluid pockets under your skin and lightly rubbing it usually with 2 fingers at a time in the direction of your “exit areas”. My masseuse said most of my fluid buildup was in my back, although I didn’t particularly feel it. The massage lasted an hour. My masseuse guaranteed me if I drank plenty of water afterwards, I would be peeing all day. I was thinking uuuhhhh isn’t that what happens when you drink a lot of water anyway lol? I was peeing all the time before and after the massage, because I’m anal about staying hydrated, so there was no huge difference for me. I scheduled my next massage in 2 weeks, which will be almost 1 month post op and it will most likely be deep tissue instead of lymphatic, unless my doctor recommends otherwise. I encourage you all to try a lymphatic massage if your doctor recommends it of course. I purchased a personal massager this week that I use after every warm shower along with Arnicare Gel. I use it in all the areas where my body feels hard, lumpy or bumpy. These areas are pretty much along my waist line and aren’t greatly visible to the eye, but are felt to touch. My doctor told me deep tissue massages would help smooth things out, so why not invest in my own personal massager to work on those areas whenever I want for less $$$? I’m glad I started off with an inexpensive one for $16 on Amazon, because it ended up being so effective! I’m already softening up and I’ve only used it for 3 days now. Here’s a link to the personal massager if anyone is interested: http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Powerful-Therapeutic-04120-600-Ergonomically/dp/B006NXRD44?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 I’m 2 days shy of 2 weeks post op right now. My first follow up appointment with Dr. Sato is this Monday. I’m excited to get her feedback on my recovery so far and especially tips on how I can maximize my results at this point. I’ll update yall next weekend on how it goes. I really appreciate yall’s interest in my journey and I’m happy to answer any questions from my perspective to help you beauties. Happy researching, prepping and recovering! P.S. I’m so pumped to start working out again, but I know it’s too soon.

3 weeks post BBL!!!

Hi dolls! I had my first post op appointment with Dr. Sato last week at 2 weeks post op. She said I was making great progress. I attached some pictures of my much flatter belly and my butt, which seems to be softening up and dropping. I'm really enjoying the natural look!

Lipo foam
She suggested that if I continue to use the Lipo foam that I move it 1/2 inch up or down each time I wear it to avoid making indentions on my body. I have decided to only wear the triangular piece of lipo foam that goes right above my butt crack while I'm sleeping. When I'm awake, it's nothing but my garment.

Faja garment
She said that my surgery garment was still fitting pretty snug at week two. However now at week three, I can feel that it's significantly more comfortable for me, which is a No-No LOL. Compression is so important throughout the healing process. I'll be ordering a new smaller garment this weekend. If you ladies recommend any particular brand, please let me know.

Fluid & swelling
A lot of the fluid retention has gone down, because pre op I was 200 pounds. Immediately post op I was 213 pounds. At 3 weeks post-op now, I'm back at 200 pounds. I haven't had any alcohol for a month out of fear of swelling up LOL. I still have some tenderness to touch and swelling on my back, which is understandable because she did aggressive lipo and that area. I only take the bromelain supplement pill when my swelling is particularly bothersome, not taking it every single day anymore as of last week.

Diet & exercise
I have been eating clean. I can't wait to get back into the gym, but Dr. Sato says I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks. I am going to email her right at week 4 next week and ask if I can head back to the gym and how hard I can go.

Bye bye lumps & bumps
I have been sleeping with a Ab board I believe it's called. Here's the link to it: https://www.amazon.com/Tabla-Abdominal-Liposuction-Compression-Garments/dp/B00PG4PK0U
I do think it's been contributing to helping keep my stomach flat, lump and bump free. That,  along with my personal massages. I have a deep tissue massage scheduled at Massage Heights this week, so I'm looking forward to a professional being able to reach all the spots I can't myself.

Really no other updates ladies. Just back at work, back sitting on my butt, although not as much. In fact, I have been making it a point to stand up A LOT more at work, because I work a desk job, like standing probably 90% of my 8 hour shift! Coworkers and friends who know nothing about the surgery have been complimenting me on my weight loss and my shape. Besides that, I'm living my life like it's golden LOL. My next appointment with Dr. Sato is at post op week 5, which is in 2 weeks. I'll update you ladies anything interesting happens before then. Thanks for the support dolls!

Before & After 4 months post

Love the natural look of my butt and my gut... GONE! Looooove! Dr. Sato, you are AMAZING.
Houston Plastic Surgeon