26, Overweight, and Ready for a New Body! - Houston, TX

I used to weigh 125lbs and now four years later I...

I used to weigh 125lbs and now four years later I am 167lbs and in the worse shape of my life thanks to a year worth of birth control. I've cried so many times while getting ready to go out because nothing fits or looks right. I either have to wear girdles or stick to dresses because of my humongous muffin top and love handles. I've had to buy my entire jeans three times. I went from a size 0 to a 5 and I am now a size 10 with muffin top. Ive even been asked a few times if I was pregnant.

For a while I wasn't able to loose weight no matter how much I worked out even after eating clean because I kept gaining weight like crazy even after I had stopped the birth control. My weight is now stable and I can probably loose all this weight by working out, but I've come to realize that it will take me maybe 3-4 years to do so and even then, some areas are very difficult to get rid of fat like the flanks. My body is pretty much a disaster and after so many reviews and research, I decided to go for a BBL because it has two benefits. 1-Body contouring and 2-You get a nice big butt!

I didn't schedule any consultations with any other doctors because I was very sure about Dr. Newall. He has good reviews and I like his before and after pictures. I was even more confident that I made the right choice when I went to the first consultation. He was very nice and professional, and his assistant Patty is amazing and always answers the phone. They listen to what you want and the visit didnt seem rushed to me like others have said. I recommend that you write down all your questions because once youre in the office, you might forget. I booked my surgery for July 11 and I am so excited and cannot wait to see my new body!!!

2 Week countdown begins. My body needs a miracle

My 2 week countdown began today! I started taking my vitamins and I didnt have any side effects. My surgery seems so far away but I know time is going to fly by next week. Ill be posting pictures with clothes on and also be sharing my pre-surgery weight and measurements. Im getting my back, flanks, belly, axila, arms, upper inner thighs, and I also asked him to do the pubic area. Im so excited, nervous, and scared but I know it will all be worth it in the end.

2 days Pre-op!!!!!!

Monday is the big day! I cannot wait for these love handles and muffin top to be gone! I have to admit that I've been pretty scared and nervous about this surgery these past few days. I keep thinking that something might go wrong or that I might end up in a body bag. I try not to think about it but its difficult for me not to especially because I work in the medical field and Im aware of so many things that can go wrong even for a perfectly healthy person. Dr Newall has never had any deaths so that calms me down a bit. I am also a firm believer in God and I know he will protect me and guide Dr Newall, and if its not in his plan for me to get surgery then God will put obsticles in my way so that I wont get this done. If you too are scared, I just want you to know that its completely normal to be scared right before surgery and to put yourself in the hands of God.

Today is the day!!

Today is the day. Im on my way to the surgery center. Please keep me in your prayers. Ill update soon

2 weeks and 5 days post op!!!

I am now 2 weeks and 5 days post-op! Let me rewind back to the day of surgery. I was the first patient and checked in at 6am for surgery at 7am. Once in waiting room, i changed into the gown,hair net, and socks that they provided. The nurse then came in and went over some paperwork for me to sign then the anesthesiologist came in and started my IV fluids. By 7:55-ish Dr. Newall came in to mark me up which was quick and right after i had to go to the OR. I quickly said goodbye to my boyfriend and dad and went into the OR. Once in the OR the nurse gave me a quick sponge bath then injected some "calming medicine". The OR room was sooooooo cold!! I was shaking so bad not because I was scared but because it was super cold in there. The last thing I remember is laying down in the bed and having an oxygen mask put on. When i woke up I was laying on my back and thanking the God I was alive. They had already put the faja on me while I was asleep so when I woke they just helped me put on my loose leggings. I was surprised that they had me laying on my back but I guess it wasn't much of a big deal. It was difficult to sit up from the bed and onto the the wheelchair. Going home I rode in the front seat, sat right on my butt and slept all the way home. The procedure only lasted like 2 hours max...I got home around 11am. Let me say that I was surprised that this was more of a sore feeling and not a pain feeling. I have to say the worse part about the surgery is the nausea from the anesthesia. I threw up twice on the day of surgery and kept having a nasty medicine taste in my mouth. My incisions drained for about 3 days max and I had a bowel two days after my surgery without having to take any medicine. Now that its almost been 3 weeks, my only complain is that laying down all day sucks!! The only time I sit is when I go pee or poo. I bought a female urinal to pee standing up but it just didn't work for me so I pee normally. Ill post pictures soon

Second day post op-first bath

First time i showered wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. When I took off the faja my stomach was so tender and felt squishy. I was a bit lumpy as well. I had some deep holes and i knew they would burn once water hit them so I put bandaids over all my incisions. My mom and sister helped me shower and once I was done I removed all the wet bandaids and put pads over the incisions.

At first I was dissapointed

So after a week I was a bit dissapointed with my results. My side profile didnt look any different....my butt looked the same. At my one week post-op appointment Dr. Newall told me he put 1,300 CC's in each butt cheeck which is alot of fat. I thought " no way he put that much fat in there" but he was right. I can now see the difference and I am happy with my results!!! I am curvy and even though my side profile is pretty much the same I can see the difference once I put clothes on.

Pictures

Swollen and Soreness

So at first I was going to be away from work for 2 weeks but I decided to wait until the 3rd week post op because I have an office job which means I have to sit for 8 hours and I didnt want to risk killing the fat that was injected in my butt. Now I am so glad that I stayed home for 3 weeks! I just went back to work on Monday and it was horrible!! Prolonged sitting has caused me to swell so much and my thighs get very stiff. On top of that my left foot is swollen and i dont know if its because of the prolonged sitting or something else. Ladies if you can take off from work for 3-4 weeks, do it!! I am now wishing I had taken off for a full month because the swelling is crazy! I measure my butt every day hoping it hasnt shrunk because I am now sitting on my butt at work with a pillow underneath but thankfully it is still the same size (44inches). Overall I am still happy with my results I just hope the swelling goes away sooner.

I tried on Jeans!

Clothing size

Something I always wondered prior to surgery was if my clothes was going to fit or was I going to have to buy bigger/smaller clothing. I tried on my jeans-all size 10 and a few skirts and they still fit but now they fit even better than before because I no longer have a muffin top. So for bottoms I am still the same size. As for tops, I used to be between a medium or large and now I am a true medium and fit into some smalls depending on the fabric of the shirts. So if youre asking yourself the same question I think more than likely you will remain the same size for bottoms and will shrink down in tops. One thing to keep in mind as well is that this is not a weight loss type of surgery. Its a body contouring surgery so you will more than likely weight the same as you did before. The morning of surgery I weighed 169 and after surgery I weighed 166 but thats just a number to me because I weigh 166 but my body looks good lol!!
Houston Plastic Surgeon