Left ear Otoplasty to rock some hair updos ;)

I have 1 ear that kind of sticks out if compared...

I have 1 ear that kind of sticks out if compared to the other ear. I have it since birth. It used to look more sticking out when i was younger when my face was thinner and because i always had my hair in a pony tail.
I used to hate it so much specially that my older sister used to mock me about it (so mean yes :D )
My mum took me to a famous plastic surgeon when i was 16 and he told me that he believes it's better to have a surgery on both ears as my stuck back ear is too stuck back. He was too expensive and he was too old as well, i kind of felt uncomfortable and told my mum that i want to postpone it.
As i got older, I kind of got used to it and not really care as i had my hair down covering it most of the time.
Now i love having my hair up with different styles and my ear started bothering me again.
My uncle knows a plastic surgeon that he trusts and he told me he would do it to me so much cheaper. He sent him my pics and he agreed that it's enough to have the surgery on the sticking out ear.
I will not see the surgeon till the day of the operation, He saw my pics through whatsapp.
I'm so excited, I bought alot of beautiful head bands to cover my head surgery band that i have to keep for 10 days after the surgery.
I just took Monday and Tuesday off from work. I hope they will be enough.
Can't wait for the surgery.
Wish me good luck xo

The surgery is Tomorrow!!

I'm excited to have my surgery tomorrow, a bit worried but it's ok. Whenever i feel worried i think about the hair bands i bought and all the interesting hair styles I will be enjoying :D
Here is a photo for me from the front.

Another pic from the front

2 nights have passed..

2 nights have passed since i had the surgery. The surgery itself wasn't painful at all. My ear was totally numb. I could just hear the sounds of the tools the surgeon was using. The surgery lasted for an hour.
After an hour of the surgery i started feeling headache and dizziness. I vomited the breakfast sandwich and some water. After vomiting i felt somehow better. I took the pills the surgeon prescribed for me. I went home and slept for 2 hours i was so exhausted.
When i tried sleeping again that night it was a very hard experience for me. I felt the head band was too tight and when i layer my head back on the pillow it felt even tighter. I woke up alot during my sleep.
Last night was much easier than the first night as the surgeon agreed i can make the head band less tight.
Now sadly i have to go to work with this hig head band. I will try to hide it with a head scarf or an ice cap. I still feel the pain in my ear but no more headache.
I take the pills every 12 hours and for quite some hours they make me feel better.
My other ear that hasn't been operated on was under the bandage too but it started to hurt me after a while from the pressure so i had to free it out :D
Tomorrow night I will be seeing the surgeon to check on my ear and change the bandages and make sure everything is going ok.
I hope tomorrow i get a slimmer head band that i can i cover with the floral headbands I bought :D

My left ear VS my right ear

i had to cancel my appointment with the surgeon because it was raining heavily. He asked me to take the bandage off and gave me instructions on cleaning the incisions. I did my best but it did hurt alot so i left some blood and he told me it's ok.
As u can see from the pic, my left ear is very swollen and bigger than my right ear but the surgeon told me it's totally normal and asked me to keep taking the pills.
I had a strange feeling when i took the bandage off. I felt this is not my ear, i want my ear back as if I abandoned one of my kids ????Hahaha. I feel good but would feel better when this swollen effect go away, I don't want to live with this elephant ear for too long :D
My nxt appointment is on Sunday night. We will be taking the stitches off =)

Day 5 update

My swollen ear is getting better slowly..

Day 7

1 week progress

I took those 2 pics after exactly 1 week from the operation date. The swelling went down alot. Some of the red marks on my ear were caused by the tight head band, it turns out my skin is too sensitive.

Day 10

I have been thinking of having extra 2 piercing on my other ear for a while and I finally did it yesterday!! :D and now my 2 ears share the pain :D

Day 12

My new look =)

In love with my new head bands and my new piercings

Day 16

The swelling is so much better now. But i notice the upper part of my ear is a little bit tilted outwards. I'm not sure if it's still from the swelling or it needs an extra stitch or maybe the middle part of the ear is too pulled back which makes the upper part appears this way. I'll have to wait till i see the doctor nxt week to have my behind ear stitches removed and ask him about it. But overall i am satisfied.

1 month 10 days

The outer curve of the surgery ear is not as smooth as the other ear but it's hardly noticeable so i am ok with it. As the surgeon said it's harder to have the 2 ears 100% exactly the same if he performs on just 1 ear.
The inclination backwards is exactly the same so generally i am satisfied with the result.
I still wear a tennis head band at night. I will continue wearing it for 20 days more. I also use a gel for the scar behind my ear even though it's hardly exposed but just in case. I also use the gel on the front on just the parts that look like scratches on my ear. They were formed from the tightened head band that i had on, the first few days after surgery.
In general the surgery was totally worth it. And I recommend it for anyone who has insecurities about their ears :)
Dr. Islam Mohamedy

Dr. Islam knows exactly what he is doing. He always attend medical conferences abroad. He made phD in plastic surgery in Sweden. And a member in the royal college of surgeons in England. That made me have much confidence in him. I can reach him anytime on whatsapp or phone whenever i have any concern or questions. He is friendly and straight forward just make sure u ask him anything u need to know before surgery.