Wonderful Doctor, Wonderful Experience - Honolulu, HI

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Day 1: Surgery was conducted under conscious...

Day 1: Surgery was conducted under conscious sedation. I woke up groggy, and went home to take a 20 minute nap. Woke up hungry, so no nausea thankfully. After a quick lunch, I logged into my computer and put in a full six hours of work requiring complex problem solving and logic skills. I went to bed feeling about 5 out of 10 on a pain scale.

Day 2: I got up from bed, and my breasts felt like they were sliding off of my chest. I looked down, and they were still intact. False alarm. That was my 10 out of 10 moment. It was just for a moment though. Right after that, I went back to my normal business of getting ready, and my pain level went back to a 3. By the time I went to do a check-up with Dr. Wong in the afternoon, my pain level was a a 2. It stayed between a 2 to 4 for the rest of the day, and I mention the 4 only because once, I felt a shooting pain behind my left nipple, but it went away immediately.

Day 3: My breasts feel fine today, pain wise. I'm waiting (oh so) paintiently for the swelling to go down and for them to drop into place. I can't wait to see what they will end up looking like.

Disclaimers - I feel the need to include some, so that you don't read this review, go out and have surgery, and then get upset when you don't heal up in two days.

I believe in the power of positive thinking. I'm also a really good patient; I do whatever the good doctor tells me, whenver, and as much as I need to. I have a high threshold for pain; this is my fourth surgery in the last four years. Although, this is the first costmetic surgery. I, also, suffer from chronic pain. So, even though, my breasts aren't in pain, I am, so I know a thing or two about pain. Maybe this isn't a disclaimer, perhaps it's a validation.

Also, some other things to note - 265 cc silicone...

Also, some other things to note - 265 cc silicone implants were put in front of the muscle, and incisions were made in areolar area

By the end of the Day 3, I was back to my normal routine, which included going to a movie and baking up a storm. I wanted to go to the gym badly, but as good as I felt, I had to keep the doctor's orders in the back of my head on repeat at all times...so only two weeks and two more days until I'm back on that horse.

Day 4: I woke up feeling like any other day, and then, I got my stiches removed. No pain. My boobs still look like they belong on a doll, but Dr. Wong assured me that in 9 MONTHS they would feel like a part of me. NBD. 9 MONTHS!

End of Day 4, I noticed a small piece of stitching...

end of Day 4, I noticed a small piece of stitching left in, so I pulled it out myself. It was also then that I noticed that about 85% of my bruising was gone. I remember thinking, "Wow, that was quick."

end of Day 5: The rest of my bruising cleared up. Yay!

Day 11-20: Massaging has commenced, continues, and been interesting. The swelling has gone down, which reduced the initial surgery size about 15 to 18%. I am so happy with the results thus far, and I am just waiting for the, what I will just call internal bruising/scraping, to repair itself, especially on the right breast, which Dr. Wong called my more troublesome breast from surgery.
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Wong and his staff were warm, friendly, and all things positive. Aside from the amazing experience that they provided, Dr. Wong's holistic approach, from his pre-operative mindset homework and homeopathic medicine to his cold laser to accelarate healing, made recovery a breeze. Dr. Wong is an amazing doctor and surgeon. He is genuine and caring. Did I mention that he walked me out of the hospital? Prior to surgery, as I was on my way in, I passed him, he was walking to the showers, having just finished up with Tai Chi. Not that I needed any more verification that I had picked the right doctor, but could the universe be sending any bigger signals?

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful