Chin Implant - Honolulu, HI

I got my chin done over a year ago, so it's been a...

I got my chin done over a year ago, so it's been a while, but let me tell you about my experience. In this review, I'll explain why I got it done, what it was like, about the healing process and how I feel about it now.

I basically had a weak chin. When I smiled, I looked fine. But my chin was noticeably not in proportion to the rest of my features when I closed my lips and turned to the side, so I decided to look into it!

I did my research of course. I saw two doctors. One was a doctor I had previous plastic surgery from. He really is an excellent plastic surgeon, but he was rather pricey and didn't think me having a chin implant was necessary. The second one was Dr. Shim Ching. The reason I went to see him was because he was the only plastic surgeon on Oahu I could find that offered temporary chin implants, which is basically fillers in the chin. In any case during my consult, he decided I wouldn't be a good candidate for fillers and that getting an implant would most definitely fulfill the look I was going for.

My surgery went like this-prep, numb the area, incision in the mouth, insert implant, adjust, stitch and go home. I stayed up during the whole surgery and it was quicker than filling a cavity. Dr. Ching and the nurses were amazing! I know. Lucky, right? I'm not saying your surgery is going to go this smoothly, but my experience was a good one.

The following couple weeks, I was really swollen with light bruising. I was given pain killers and provided a list of foods to eat and not eat. Basically, stay away from spicy & crunchy and stick with soft foods. I took the pain killers for the first and second day only. And by the second day, I was starving and ended up eating scrambled eggs. A little over a month after surgery, all the swelling went down.

Fast forward almost a year later and here I am. So many great things to say about Asia Pacific Plastic Surgery Inc., would definitely recommend Dr. Ching to anyone interested in getting a chin implant and love my chin!

Listen guys. Your chin will never feel the same. You have a foreign object in it for goodness sake! Just remember that. On another note, I should mention I didn't get full sensation back until 6-8 months after the surgery. They cut through tissue & nerves, so it takes a while for the nerve endings to get back to normal and heal.

Hope this helps and good luck on your journey! I rarely come on here anymore. I started an account just to hear other people's experience. If you do have any questions, you can email me directly.
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon