Abdominoplasty Revision Updates with Dr Dodde - Holland, MI

(As previously stated in my other review, this is...

(As previously stated in my other review, this is just a continuation of my updates on the abdominoplasty revision I had with Dr Dodde of Plastic Surgery Arts of West Michigan in Holland.)
This will be my three weeks post op surgery update. I'm still fairly tender along the front of my stomach(my previous vertical scar) and along my lower incision but it's nothing unbearable. Sometimes I find it's a little difficult to stand upright but I'm hoping it will reside a bit more in the week and a half before I go back to work.

As for the physical results, I'm still pleased with my appearance. There's a little bruising yet but it's going away. I use Bio Oil on my scars twice a day but haven't noticed a big difference since I only started a week ago.

My flanks, unfortunately at this point, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in how they look. I can't tell if I'm still swollen or what's going on. I am pretty numb as well. My belly button still looks great and I'm continuously pleased that it looks so normal. The only concern I have, as stated in my two week update, is the little bit of sagging skin that remains above my belly button. I will bring this up to Dr Dodde when I see him for my four week checkup.

Overall, I'm still very pleased with what Dr Dodde was able to accomplish.

Four week update abdominoplasty revision w/ Dr Dodde.

I think these photos pretty much speak for themselves. Everything is still looking the same.

Four week update on extra skin.

This isn't as bad as it was before the revision but it's still a bit of a concern because I'm worried that it will really start to sag again. I'm not too sure how this can be resolved but by playing around with my skin I can tell that it could be pulled up where my top surgery scar line is. I see Dr Dodde again tomorrow (7-21-16) and I will bring this concern up with him. Hopefully it's an easy fix that doesn't require me going under again or asking for more time off from work.

If he recommends waiting a few months before making a decision, I think I'll be ok. The extra skin doesn't interfere and make me self conscious as much as before the revision. I can still sit and lie back without a super huge bulge that made relaxing uncomfortable. (I can further explain what I mean if anyone's curious.)

Overall, still extremely pleased.

Four week appointment

I had my appointment with Dr Dodde today and brought to his attention my concern with the bit of sagging skin I still have. He feels there might be a little swelling yet which I can understand. He wants to see me back in two months, which is September and then see how things are then. The procedure is going to be covered by my initial surgery payment which makes me feel a lot better knowing I don't have to save a ton of money again.

Five weeks post op update.

My lower scars have started to flatten out but my belly button is still oddly discolored. I'm wondering if that's because I had too much nerve damage and if it's going to change. The little bit of sagging skin still remains but it's only five weeks out so hopefully it will change. However, if it doesn't and it has to be removed, I think it will help with the stretch marks in that area and my the skin look a little smoother.

This is my two months post op abdominoplasty...

This is my two months post op abdominoplasty revision with Dr Dodde in Holland Michigan. Everything still looks about the same as it did one month post op. The sagging skin is still noticeable but not as bad as last month. I see Dr Dodde again on the 22nd of September and I'm hoping that he will say that it's noticeable enough that it should be fixed.

Three month post op photo update

Had my three month post op appointment with Dr Dodde on September 22. Everything still looks good. The little bit of redundant skin that hangs over my belly button will be removed at an in office visit November 3.

Revision 11-3-16

I had my in office revision with Dr Dodde. He attempted to remove the little bit of extra skin that remained over my belly button. I will post another update when the steri strip comes off in a few weeks.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

(Please refer to my previous posts for my review of Dr Dodde)