Cleft Palate, Cleft Lip Repair, and Rhinoplasty. Hellertown, PA

I was born with a cleft palate and lip. I have had...

I was born with a cleft palate and lip. I have had rhinoplasty at the age of 16. I'm now 37 and finally have insurance! I had my palate, lip, and nose done as a baby and young child.
I was referred to Dr Morrissey by my medical doctor. His young son went to dr Morrissey for a precedure (unrelated to cleft lip or palate). So I felt if he trusts him I should also. I first met Morrissey on oct 2, 2015. He said he wanted to narrow my nose and correct my septum. My septum is out of place and it is causing breathing problems for me. I asked him if he can round my left nostril and make it more natural looking. He didnt say he couldn't do it but he said it would be difficult. So this is where I have some nerves about the surgery.
He wants to do a V-Y plasty...also know as V-Y flap on my upper lip. It will essentially lengthen my upper lip. I have a whistle deformity from having my cleft lip repaired as a baby. I'm very excited to have that fixed!! He wanted to do lip fillers to enhance the upper lip but due to insurance they will not be covered. I cannot afford them especially 1-2 times a year. I'm really bummed about that :(
I also have a "sun spot" on my lower lip. I'm hoping he can remove while I'm in surgery.
I have my last consult Visit on Feb 9, 2016. I was not prepared for my first visit (oct 2, 2015). So now I have a list of questions and concerns to bring to Dr. Morrissey.
I'm hoping to help someone else going through this. I'm also looking for any help from anyone who has any experience with cleft lip and palate repair or rhinoplasty. Being born with a cleft lip and palate was a tough thing for me. I was teased and I always felt less than as a child. As I got older my self-esteem was still damaged. I made a rough life for myself because of it. Now I'm 37 and I'm finally able to go through this surgery. I'm more comfortable in my skin now-a-days. I know it won't change my life but I know it will make it just a little bit better.
I will continue to share my story during this process along with photos. Thank you for reading my story!

Before surgery photo

I just wanted to post another pre-surgery photo of me :)

16 days after surgery!!!

Dr. Morrissey did an amazing job! I'm not sure what I was expecting but my results are better than I expected!! I know I'm still extremely swollen especially in my tip and under my eyes, where my nose meets my cheeks. I wanted to upload a photo showing what a great job he did. I will update (soon) photos from after surgery with details of how Surgery was for me.
Allentown Plastic Surgeon