Best Thing I've Ever Done for Myself! - Halifax, NS

I had a breast augmentation (implants and...

I had a breast augmentation (implants and mastopexy) with Dr. Bendor-Samuel and cannot say enough about my experience. I am currently 8 weeks post-op and my results and experience are both better than I could have ever imagined. From my consultation right through to my post-op appointments, everything was smooth sailing and incredible; my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner!

Choosing to have an elective procedure done is scary. I had never been put under before and have a low tolerance for pain. To say I was nervous is an understatement, but from the moment I walked through the doors at The Landing Surgical Centre I knew I was in good hands. Truth be told, I'm shocked by how easy the whole thing was! Compared to my expectations from what I had researched and read online, it was a total "cake walk".

The day of my surgery was incredible and something I will never forget. The care I received from all staff on my operation day was beyond exceptional. It truly takes a talented team of wonderful people to make someone as full of nerves as me feel comfortable. As soon as JoAnne (nurse) greeted me that morning, I knew it was going to be okay. Everyone was so excited for me and made me feel so comfortable, cared for and safe.

The highlight of it all however, was the quick-thinking and dedication to my results that Dr. Bendor-Samuel showed during my surgery. Prior to surgery, you select your implant size and they are ordered in. We had agreed on a particular type and size and I signed off on the selection. During my surgery however, while I was out cold, Dr. Bendor-Samuel put in my implants (they were moderate profile) and knew right away that they were not the projection required to give me the result I wanted, based on what we had discussed at length during my consultation (some things you truly just cannot plan for until you "get in there" and actually see what you're dealing with). He made the quick decision to actually phone the hospital and have a high profile set of implants sent down DURING MY SURGERY to ensure that I would be happy. This clearly was something unplanned and unforeseen, but was the perfect judgement call. When I woke up in the recovery room and he told me about the change they had made, I was absolutely blown away. He easily could have just proceeded with what was ordered and I agreed to, but took the initiative to think quickly and outside of the box to ensure I was happy. Not only am I happy, I am THRILLED! Words will never describe how thankful I am that he made that decision on my behalf; to me, that is exactly the kind of surgeon you want to have!

I am so happy with my decision to have my operation done by Dr. Bendor-Samuel and his team. It was truly life-changing. There are many decisions to be made when it comes to cosmetic surgery. My advice, ask lots of questions (he will be totally honest with you, which is exactly what you need when making a big decision like this), do not be afraid to ask twice (I went in for a second sizing just to "be sure" and it was not a problem), and trust Dr. Bendor-Samuel's recommendation. He certainly knows his stuff and what's going to work best for your body, lifestyle and desired outcome. This was an absolute first-class experience from tip to tail, and I could not be more pleased with my results.
Nova Scotia Plastic Surgeon