45 Year Old Mother of 2 – 339cc Moderate Plus Silicone Implants to Restore Fullness - Greer, SC

Hi, Fellow RealSelf-mates!  Happy Friday to...

Hi, Fellow RealSelf-mates!  Happy Friday to everyone!  :)

This is my first review on the Breast Augmentation page; however, I’m still posting on the Tummy Tuck page (12/29/2014 TT date).  I had originally planned to get a breast lift, but my doctor suggested that I go with small implants to restore my upper pole fullness and fill in some of the lax skin.  If a lift is still needed after that, he can perform a minor lift as an in-office procedure.  So… I’m opting for 330 cc moderate plus, silicone implants under the muscle with an inframammary (breast fold) incision.

I’m currently a deflated 36B, and the implants should make me a full C.  I’m a little nervous about going up in size, but my doctor seems to think that size will fit my frame nicely.  He did an OUTSTANDING job with my TT, so I definitely trust his judgment and abilities.  He recommended that I go with silicon vs. saline to get a more natural look, because I’m a little too thin to hide the bulkiness/roundness of saline.  We also agreed on the moderate plus style, because I need a little extra projection without the extra width of the moderate.  The silicone is a little more expensive, but I'd rather pay a little extra to get the best results.

My stats are as follows:
Age:  45
Height:  5’8”
Weight:  146
Current Bra Size:  36B
Desired Bra Size:  36C

I have 2 children ages 20 and 15.  I breast fed both kids for a year.  After breastfeeding, my breasts were no longer perky, but they weren’t exactly saggy until about 4 years ago.  They have gradually gotten lower and emptier… I call them my little bags of skin.  LOL.  A breast augmentation has never been on my radar, because I’ve always been satisfied with my breast size.  I always thought of a breast augmentation as a way to get bigger boobs, not as a way to correct the effects of age, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and gravity.  I consulted with two different surgeons prior to my tummy tuck, and both of them recommended small implants to restore upper pole fullness and lost density.  I’m still haven’t completely wrapped my mind around concept, but I’m marching forward.

I’m still in the tummy tuck healing phase, so it’s kind of difficult to focus on my boobs.  I’m 3.5 weeks out from my augmentation, and I’m sure it’s going to be here before I know it.  My early tummy tuck recovery was pretty grueling, so hopefully this will be smooth sailing. :)  My sister took EXCELLENT care of me after my tuck, and I’m sure she will do the same after my “boob job”.  I absolutely LOVE her!

I’m really looking forward to having marvelous breasts to match my marvelous tummy!  My surgeon is definitely a magician, so I know I will be thrilled with my results… after I adjust to the bigger size.  EeeeeK!

6 Days and a Wake-Up!

Happy Tuesday!  :)

I am on the one week countdown, and I am a tad nervous.  Eeeekkk!

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday, and Dr. Suber and Jenny were awesome as usual.  Dr. Suber is planning to use 339cc moderate plus, silicone implants.  We’ve agreed that he may go with 371cc if he thinks that will give me better results after he studies my pictures and gets going with the surgery.  I am so hoping that 339cc/371cc will not make me larger than a full C.  I trust Dr. Suber’s judgment, and my sister keeps reminding me that Dr. Suber is a perfectionist and he will make sure I have the best results possible.  I’m still a little nervous, but I’m sure I’ll look great, even if they are a little larger than I’m expecting.

I have paid the surgical fees, and I will pay the surgical center and anesthesiologist fees when I arrive for surgery next week.  I need to pick up the prescriptions for my pain meds, muscle relaxers, anti-nausea patch, and antibiotics.  I plan to go shopping later this week for button/zip front shirts, snacks, bottled water, prune juice, ginger ale, ice packs, reacher/grabber, and an extra ace bandage.  I already have the following:  sports bras, recliner, raised toilet seat, shower bench, neck pillow, wet wipes, heating pad, bendy straws, arnica and bromelain supplements, arnica gel, tylenol, stool softeners, and hibiclens antimicrobial soap.

Time just seems to be moving so fast.  I can’t believe it’s so close, and I can’t believe I’m really doing this!  Dr. Suber is absolutely amazing, and my tummy tuck results are better than I could have ever dreamed. I’m sure everything is going to be more than PERFECT (self-talk...LOL). I have a collection of loose fitting shirts that I wore before my tummy tuck to hide my stomach/pudge.  I’ll continue to wear those for a while to hide my new “twins”…until I get used to them.  LOL

I’m already planning a tattoo for the “twins” when they are all healed.  I lost a tattoo when I had my tummy tuck, so I’m going to have it replaced on my chest, instead of my hip bone.  I’m pretty excited about that.  :)

I'll post my "before" pictures soon...

Tomorrow is the Big Day!

Time has flown, and it is almost boob time! I'm scheduled to arrive at the surgical center at 11:00, and my surgery starts at 12:00. After seeing the "before" pictures my friend took for me, I am more ready than ever! My breasts are soooo deflated. It was a great reminder of why I'm doing this. :)

I'll check in later in the week...

Until next time! :)

Sad Boobies :(

Happy Boob-day to Me!

My BA was 2 days ago. I woke up in considerable pain, and the nurse gave me a shot of Demerol, and that helped quite a bit. My sister took me to her house and got me settled into her recliner. The tightness and pain was pretty constant all day. I was completely bandaged around my chest, and I think the pressure from the bandage contributed to the pain.

My first post-op appointment was yesterday, and Dr. Suber adjusted my bandage. It is now above my breasts pushing the implants down and into place. Dr Suber informed me that he inserted the implants through areola, instead of my breast fold. If additional tightening is required, he plans to use the areola. I'm pretty exvited that i won't have a vertical or crease incision/scar.

My range of motion had definitely improved over the last couple days. I still haven't raised my arms above my head, but I can reach horizontally and vertically down.

My boobs seem pretty large to me, but I'm hoping that it's due to the swelling. I was able to take a peek them during my post-op, and they look great so far. Dr. Suber is amazing!

I'll check in again soon.

Day 1 with Bandage and Sports Bra

Day 4 Update

First of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new breasts! They are still incredibly sore, and I feel a weird buzzing/bubbling from time to time, but they are beautiful!

The last few days have been a blur because of the Dilaudid and Flexeril. I'm trying to wean myself off the prescription meds, but I'm still taking them as needed. I'm spending a lot of time in my recliner, but I'm gradually getting back to my normal life (cooking, laundry, caring for my pets, etc).

I had a "moment" this morning, and I was frustrated with the soreness and how the pain meds make me feel. I took a nap and woke up with a brand new outlook on life. LOL. My sister stopped by and changed my ace bandage for me. It felt SOOO good to have it off for a while. It is definitely doing its thing, because my boobs are already looking natural... and I don't have the round baseball boob at the top. I'm pretty excited about that!

Overall, I'm more than happy, and I can't wait to see my final results! :)

Day 4 Pics

2 Week Picture

Dr. W. John Subet

Dr. Suber is absolutely amazing. He and his staff are always very patient and very helpful. They take as much time as necessary to answer my questions, and I never feel rushed. I am thrilled my results, and I would definitely recommend Dr. Suber for cosmetic surgery.