Surgery for Thin Melanoma - Greenwood Village, CO

I had two melanoma spots that were recently...

I had two melanoma spots that were recently treated. One was on my cheek and the second was on the outside of my upper arm. It was possible to do Mohs surgery on my face. The result was excellent with almost no visible scarring and no evidence of return of the skin cancer. The spot on my arm was more complicated as it had spread beyond its visible margin and required two surgical procedures to remove the tumor completely. This could not be repaired using the Mohs technique without extensive work, so I elected to allow it to fully heal by itself. The excision is nearly completely healed and there is no evidence of the tumor. I am exceptionally pleased by the quality of the work and the care I received.
Greenwood Village Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr Cohen, About Skin, has treated me three times for melanoma tumors and once for a recurring basal cell tumor that my regular dermatologist had previously treated during the past 10 years. He performed Mohs surgery successfully 3 times with little or no evidence of scarring on my face, neck and back. The fourth surgery, a melanoma, is currently healing with no evidence of return.