Laser Lipo on Upper and Lower Abdomen and Love Handles - Greenwich, CT

I am having Laser Lipo on 5/14. I have had Zeltiq...

I am having Laser Lipo on 5/14. I have had Zeltiq in the past, but was looking for a bigger result. I currently weigh 180 and am 5'9". Size 12.

I made the appointment through American Lipo Centers. There was an error in scheduling my consultation, and they credited me with a discount for the trouble, which was good customer service.

2 days pre op

Excited and a little nervous for my laser lipo this week. I was sent complete pre and post op instructions from Dr. Singer's office and I, after reading reviews on this site, purchased arnica tablets and cream. I am starting to take the arnica today as it is 24 hours before the procedure in hopes of less swelling and made an appointment for lymphatic drainage massage next week as was suggested by the document sent.

Today

Dr. Singer was great-very nice, took time to answer my questions and make jokes to help me feel comfortable.
Felt a little pain sometimes during process, but nothing too bad and slept most of the day. Pain not too bad now, though I definately know when the drugs wear off.

2 days post procedure

I feel like myself again today, after sleeping most of yesterday and the day of the procedure. As you can see, my swelling and bruising is pretty minimal. The tape measure reads pretty much as before, which is encouraging to me as I know I am swollen. I have been wearing my garment all the time, using ice packs (on top of the garment) and eating pineapple and taking arnica. As you can see, I have some bruising, but not too bad. Still hurts when I sit up or stand and roll over, but am fine when I am still.
I have an appointment with Dr. Singer next week, and am optimistic based on my progress so far.

One week post op

Measuring tape is going down and I am making marks on my binding garment to keep track of how tight I can make it, and it is much smaller. I am still pretty swollen, so I had lymphatic massage yesterday.

2 weeks post op

I am starting to really see the results. I have traded the compression garment for really tight spanx, which I still wear 24/7. My clothes feel more loose, even though I am still swollen. Most of the swelling in my upper abdomen and flanks has gone away, but I am still pretty swollen and "lumpy" in the lower area. Might go for another lymphatic massage. Overa, feeling pretty good for only 2 weeks out!

One month out

Very happy with results so far. Still a littl lumpy, but continue to wear tight spanx at most times and lymphatic massage.

6 months later

I am overall quite happy with my results, though I have an unevenness on one side. After my visit today, Dr. Singer said he could fix with a touch up for $500, which I chose to do.
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Singer was professional and friendly. He took the time to answer my questions and make jokes to relax me. His team at the Greenwich office is very helpful and it is easy to make appointments. They even called me multiple times the day after the procedure to make sure I was ok (I had slept through the phone.) I will admit to being concerned because there was some negative things in the news-but none of it had anything to do with his surgical abilities and, after careful reading sounded like the standard stuff many docs experience.