I'm a 46 Year Old Mother of 4. Greenville, NC

I'm a 46 year old mother of 4 and I hate my...

I'm a 46 year old mother of 4 and I hate my stomach. I'm currently weighing 170 lbs, weighing 175 lbs at my heaviest. I don't like looking at myself naked and prefer my husband not see me since I've put on more weight. He says I look fine, but when I look in the mirror I feel so ashamed of my body. I had my consultation in July, 2015 and I have scheduled my TT for March. I can't wait. I just wanna be able to wear my shirt tucked in for a change and wear a pair of pants that don't choke my stomach all day. It'll be such a relief to get off work and not have to unbutton my pants as soon as I get in the car. I also hate the pouch that makes it seem as if I have 2 stomachs. I'm just ready for my TT day. I will post pics later, just gotta get up the nerve.

New Apponrment????

Time for my TT is approaching fast. My appointment date has been changed to March 11, 2016. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I'm posting pics finally. Does anyone have any suggestions on things I should start purchasing and what I need to do to prepare?

Countdown

Hi Everyone....I'm officially in countdown mode. I paid for my surgery today and had my blood work done. March 11 can't get here fast enough.

The Old Mighty Cold

Hi my RS sisters....so just to update everyone. I had my pre-op visit on March 2 which was Wednesday and here it is Friday and I have a terrible cold. I've felt terrible all day. I struggled at work trying to get thru the day. My hubby did go with me after work to get my prescriptions and other items needed. I'm taking Ned's to get rid of this terrible cold. I'm so excited and I'm patiently awaiting March 11. I have read a lot of posts and was expecting a long list of supplies to get from my doctor. However, that wasn't the case at all. I had my three prescriptions and four other items that she asked me to pick up. I'm so ready!!!!!

Taking it day by day

Hi Everyone... Well I had my surgery on March 11 and everything went well until I got home. The pain was real for me. So I literally slept for two days. I had my first post-op appt on Monday and it went good. They changed my dressings and sent me on my way. I have another appointment on Friday and my PS is suppose to remove my drains and stitches. Why am I so scared and nervous? Today I endured a lot of back pain, but I did go downstairs all by myself. My support team has been awesome. Everyone is here for whatever I may need. I'm so grateful. Okay now I need you all to give me some feedback on your drain and stitch removal. I'll post pics when I'm feeling better.

Drains and Stitches Removed

Hi Everyone, I'm so glad that my PS removed my drains and stitches today. Now the itching is about to drive me crazy. The numbness in my stomach is weird. I'm so glad to be on the flatside and I'm 75% upright. My poor little back is worn out. Pics coming soon.

Feeling Emotional

Hi Everyone, I'm so ready to get back to being 100%. I've been in my feelings today, not myself at all. I don't think I'm healing fast enough. Everything seems to be in slow mode. My mom is here with me everyday, but I'm bored out of my mind. I'm ready to return back to my day to day living. My hubby and my son have been bending over backwards to assure that everything is in order. My baby girl tried to help me the very first day I was home. My hubby ran out to get some things from the store and my mom was enroute to our home. I needed help to the bathroom and hep getting back in bed, well my gown opened up while I was getting back on the bed and she saw the drain tubes. Let's just say she got me on the bed, I felt sick, asked for the trashcan, looked down and she was puking. My baby tried and by this time my son, my hubby and my mother all arrived. Thank God!! This is the one that wants to be a nurse. So now she comes to the door after school and asks "mom are you okay"? I'll take that. She doesn't even want to seem my stomach until I'm completely healed. Well I guess I'll continue to sit i this chair and watch tv.

Standing Straight

Hi everyone. It's been a minute, but I'm in slow mode. I was wondering if any of you ladies was standing straight at 3wks. I'm about 95% upright.
Greenville Plastic Surgeon