Great Decision! From an I Cup to a D Cup *New pics added 6/6/13 at 12 weeks post op - Grand Rapids, MI

I just had surgery a couple of days ago, but this...

I just had surgery a couple of days ago, but this was one of the best decisions I have made! The doctor removed a total of 4lbs 12oz, and I couldn't be happier. My breasts should be a D after the swelling goes down. I'm really looking forward to running my first 5k this year, now that the girls won't be in the way!

I finally got up the courage to post my before and...

I finally got up the courage to post my before and after pics! It's really quite a big difference! Today was my 5 day post-op appointment and I'm healing really well. These are the before/after photos taken by my surgeon's office.

As you can see, I was very lopsided pre-surgery. I...

As you can see, I was very lopsided pre-surgery. I had just under 1300 grams removed from the right side and just under 900 grams removed from the left side. Please excuse the big gut in my before pics... I lost 20 pounds between those pics and my surgery :)

More pics added! I'm 10 days post op and feeling...

More pics added! I'm 10 days post op and feeling great. I'm pretty much off all pain meds now! Because I'm not having a lot of pain, I find myself doing more than I should though. I'm still very bruised, especially on my left boob (pretty much the entire bottom half) and swollen, but making progress!

Healing is going well so far, and I can tell that...

Healing is going well so far, and I can tell that the girls are dropping a little. I'm still pretty swollen, and my ribs on my left side have been sore for the last few days. I don't think it's visible in my pics, but I'm even a little bruised and swollen on my ribs on my left side. I'm going to call my PS tomorrow to find out if that's normal. My incisions seem to be healing pretty well, from what I can tell, but not as quickly as I was hoping for. I'm off pain meds pretty much completely now, with the exception of the occasional Tylenol.

Incision split at 3 months post op????

Tonight when getting ready for bed, I realized that I had a hole where one of my vertical incisions was and it was bleeding quite a bit. It's really odd, since my incisions are all completely healed over at 3 months post op, and that side isn't even the side that I was having delayed healing issues on. I'm going to call my surgeon in the morning, but have any of you ever experienced or heard of something like this happening? I did participate in a game of tug-of-war at my son's school yesterday, but i got the ok to do any activity well over a month and a half ago. I'll let you know what I find out when I call tomorrow.

Just a suture

I saw my surgeon today and the opening I have it just a suture that hadn't finished healing that poked through. No big deal, just keep a bandaid on it until it's healed. He also took new pics, which are what I posted. I'm still not symmetrical, but we're holding out hope that my lefty will continue to drop like my right has. Believe it or not, this is a lot better than it was at my 5 week appointment. I don't go back again until March of next year for my 1 year post-op appointment. I guess we will reassess then if we need to make any changes, but I'm 100% happy with my surgery and results and don't regret it at all!

19 months post op!

I'm now 19 months post op and I'm still completely thrilled that I had this surgery done. I have recommended it to so many people who I know are miserable with having such large breasts. If you're thinking about it, DO IT!

I can't say that everything has been perfect, but I would still do it again in a heartbeat. I never regained feeling in the outer side or underside of my left breast. That was also the one that took the longest to heal and that bruised and swelled the most after surgery. Today it was itchy from the inside, which I've read can be a sign of nerve regeneration, so here's hoping for some feeling back! My right breast also has some numbness on the outer and under sides, but not as bad as the left one.

I also lost a lot of nipple sensation in both breasts, but more so in my right. My breasts also are not completely symmetrical. They are about the same size, but one nipple seems elongated and points down farther than the other one.

To me, these are all something I can deal with, as the pros still definitely outweigh the cons. I can now go shopping for a bra at almost any store, as a 38DD is a pretty common size, especially compared to a 40I! My back pain is SO much better, and I can walk around the house without a bra with no problems.

If you're thinking about having a reduction, GO FOR IT! I was nervous and put it off for years, but now I wish I had done it sooner :)
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

I heard of Dr. Hammond through a friend of mine, but I have also read about him online, as he was the inventor of the SPAIR technique, which is what I had done.