36 Yrs Old, 3 C-sections, 5'1.5", 120-125 Lbs - TT W/ Flank Lipo - Golden, CO

Hi! So I decided a couple weeks ago to do a mommy...

Hi! So I decided a couple weeks ago to do a mommy makeover. A little background, I'm 36, 5ft 1.5 in, 3 c-sections - my boys are 10, 8, 3, I weigh about 120-125 right now. My ideal weight is 110.
After reading the reviews on this site I scheduled a consult with the intention of booking my surgery asap. I initially booked a BA with TT. After getting home I obsessed about what size and how it would look, because I really didn't want bigger, I wanted higher, however, since I had no ptosis and mine just naturally sit low there was no way to lift.
I was so stressed that I emailed the patient coordinator, Kari, who got me in the next day to do the 3d imaging and try on more sizes. She was so kind and patient and really encouraged me to follow my gut. So after all of that, I decided to forego the implants. I have been so relieved and I am extremely appreciative that Kari was so supportive - either way.
So I have my pre-op next week and a quick meet with the doc to see if I can have some side boob eliminated... Fingers crossed!
Looking forward to sharing my experience and participating in others experience through this site, as well.

Pre-op: Check!

Had a great pre-op. Nurse Joyce was sweet and very thorough. Dr Vath stopped in to go over some questions about some possible additional lipo and was super awesome. Then I finished up with Kari, the patient coordinator, who I spoke about in my earlier post.
So I quit smoking for good (I'm an on and off again smoker), mentally preparing myself to stay away from wine and try to get a couple weeks of healthy living in before surgery! 2 weeks! I'm so excited :-)

The flat side! Feeling great!

Hi all just wanted to post to let you know how the surgery went. It went awesome! All of the ladies that worked at the surgery center, the nurses, the anesthesiologist, and my surgeon were so wonderful! I woke up and felt fantastic. I went to the bathroom and they helped me to the car and now I'm home and in bed with lots of pillow. I had a few crackers and some naked green juice. It is amazing because I don't feel groggy or sick. My pain is very low.
As a side note I've had a lot of surgeries and I have never emerged this lucid and coherent.
One tip: I took an a line stretchy sleeveless dress that was easy to get on after the surgery I would totally recommend wearing something like that home.
So far a truly wonderful experience. I'll post some pics soon :-)

Day of surgery pics

I had to take some pics, I love reading posts with lots of photo documentation. It's been so helpful for me, so I'd like to return the favor :-)

Dress home

Skeeter10, here is the dress.

Post op day 5

For some reason I couldn't post yesterday. So here is my 5 day post op update. The last couple of days were rough. I had pretty bad upset stomach from the narcotics so I threw up a couple times, that did not feel good. Then I had severe cramping from the Milk of Magnesia but did have a BM yesterday - which was a relief! Since yesterday I am only taking Tylenol, colace, and Valium and I took a shower by myself. I feel pretty good today. Because of the nausea I haven't been able to eat much or keep much down so I've lost 4 lbs... I won't complain about that :-)
I am still too tight to stand up straight but I'm laying with less pillow under me to help facilitate some very gradual stretching.
So far so good! If you can get through day 2 and 3 I think (hopefully) it's all uphill from here :-) good luck to u guys!!

I had seriously given up...

On ever wearing a bikini years ago. Now I can plan a beach vacation ;-)

Bikini!

So tired

So after the initial excitement has worn off I realize I am so exhausted, so easily all day long. I've been out a lot and the only thing that gets me through is alcohol for the fake energy but then u swell up like crazy. I know it's bad :-/ I know that people say that the exhaustion can last for several weeks but it is making me so irritable. I am normally high energy. Any suggestions?
I took off the tape today and am pleased with the very clean thin line. I'll be doing my research on scar care but have already picked up a box of scar away silicone strips.
Hope all is well.

Almost a year later...

One of the best things I've ever done for myself...
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Update: my OB said that my abdominoplasty was one of the best he has ever seen. He is an older gentleman and has been in practice for a very long time. Quite a compliment for me and for Dr. Vath. Couldn't have made a better choice. Every part of this experience was top notch. You can't go wrong- Dr Vath, Kari the patient coordinator, nurse Joyce, the anesthesiologist, everyone was amazing. I have a renewed motivation to work out and be healthy because now it is not hopeless. I am so extremely thankful.