44 y/o - Mommy Makeover - time to do something for me! :) Denver, CO

Hello Real Selfers! I have been reviewing this...

Hello Real Selfers! I have been reviewing this site for the past 6 weeks - before and after my surgery. It has been one month since my Mommy Makeover with Dr. Andrew Wolfe. Ladies, I was motivated but nervous! I have had one set of twins (sadly, both deceased) and 2 more babies, the most recent when I was 36. I recovered well from pregnancies but was left with saggy breasts and muscle laxity in my abdomen. Hubby and I started looking into this procedure a few months ago and now, here I am 1 month post op! I had a BL, BA and a drainless TT but was most interested in the TT. I am 5'7" and 162 lbs pre-surgery and only about 4 lbs lighter today, but I look a lot different! I predict I will lose more weight once I get the clearance to workout around 6 wks post - op - that's my plan anyway! :) Now, back to the breasts: I never thought I would ever consider a BA because I've always been blessed with a decent breast size (36 D, nice cleavage when I was younger, etc.) I was sooo nervous about getting a BL/BA because I did not want to go too big. I started out at a deflated full C cup and only wanted to restore what I once had (full D). At my consult, I was able to use sizers and also see my possible outcome on the Vectra imaging machine at my doctor's office. I liked the Vectra, but it doesn't really show you the outcome of the BL very well, but it was still helpful. I changed my mind on size 3 times! But finally, with my doctor and his coordinator's help, I chose Sientra 355ccs, mod plus, textured round implants under the muscle. I LOVE THEM!!! Seriously, I am so very happy! Dr. Wolfe is a true artist! I am getting everything I wanted with this BA, BL: upper pole fullness, nice cleavage, perkiness, and shape. If you are considering a breast surgery, don't be afraid! I know, some of you aren't at all ;). The fact that I am thrilled with my BL/BA is what is getting me through the much longer TT recovery. Now to the TT: I had a drainless TT with Exparel for added pain management. The recovery from the MM in general really wasn't bad at all. I was sent home in a surgical bra and compression garment. I stayed on top of the pain - waking myself up in the middle of the night to take meds. I preferred to sleep in our guest bed alone the first 3 nights propped with pillows under my head/shoulders and legs rather than in a recliner. I was tired and had very little appetite for about the first week and then by week 2, started feeling a little more normal. I was able to walk and do stairs from Day 1, but I would often hold on to hubby's arm just because of the meds rather than the surgery. Standing straight was not a huge issue for me, I think I was standing nearly straight after a couple of days - I expected this to be much more of a problem. It was nice not to have drains - I could shower 24 hours after my surgery and could even raise my arms to wash my hair. I went for my first post-op on Day 6 and had the dressings changed and was told I could start wearing a Spanx if I wanted; also by this point, I was only taking Advil. Today, I am still swelling in my lower abdomen even though I wear a Spanx or compression garment 24/7. I knew going in, swelling would be a factor, but it's hard when you're actually living with it day after day, after day, after day! I would describe it as either wearing a weight belt you can never remove or having someone tape 2 tubes of cookie dough to your lower abdomen! :- I have been told this is normal and I don't have a seroma or a hematoma it's just....swelling. I do like my new shape though and hopefully - SOMEDAY when my swelling is gone, I will get to enjoy my final results! I will post pictures later. Thanks for all you're inspiring stories and pictures! Happy Healing!

Sorry, here are pics so far

6 wks post op!!

Hello RS! I am 6 wks post op and feeling great! Yes, I do still have swelling in lower abdomen but it is slowly decreasing. I am not wearing binder all the time either, mostly just a Spanx. Here are some recent pics. Hugs to all and happy healing! :)

10 wks Post Op and feeling AWESOME!

Hello Real Selfers, well 10 weeks is here and it's great! I feel fantastic and about 98% normal. Just a tiny bit of swelling in lower stomach but it should resolve. I just got back from 2 wks in Hawaii and it was great!! I was glad I was healed as much as I was so that I could snorkel, swim and have the energy to do whatever I wanted. Did I mention bikinis?? I haven't even attempted to wear a bikini in at least 20 years! That was super fun and made all the surgery and recovery worth it.

To those of you still recovering: hang in there, it gets better. Keep in touch with your PS and feel confident in your beautiful self everyday. Hugs!
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Andrew Wolfe and the Center for Cosmetic Surgery have been wonderful. I knew at my consult (and maybe before) that he would be my doctor. I had gone to a consult with a different doctor about one month prior and there was no comparison at all - Dr. Wolfe and his practice was better in every way. I did my homework and researched both him and his practice; I reviewed many photos and read other patients' reviews. I was happy with everything I found. Dr. Wolfe was very thorough and personable. I made sure I communicated what I wanted and he was very receptive and understood what I was trying to achieve. I even thought I'd need additional lipo, but instead of encouraging me to get procedures done that I didn't need, he actually told me I did not need it! That impressed me a lot. I have already recommended him to others and would continue to do so. His patient coordinator Cheryl was also great! She helped me settle on an implant size by not deciding for me but rather letting me decide based on answering my questions, etc. I had a GREAT experience and would absolutely consider other procedures with Dr. Wolfe if needed.