60 Years Old. 3 Treatments - Gold Coast, AU

60 years old. Had so much burning pain during...

60 years old. Had so much burning pain during intercourse. Tried lubricants, vagifem and biest vaginal estrogen with no success. Dr. said Mona Lisa would work. Had the full course of 3 treatments. There is no Medicare rebate. After the 2nd I'd noticed an improvement, but several weeks after the 3rd, no improvement, and sex actually hurts just as bad as it did before treatment. I'm devastated.

?I rang my gyno (5 weeks post 3rd treatment)

I rang my gyno (5 weeks post 3rd treatment) and she said to come in asap, no charge for visit. She had a look and said I am not healing well and have a chemical burn. Have been prescribed cortisone for near vaginal entrance and vagifem pessaries. She asked if I had pain while she inserted a finger, but I didn't. She said to come back in a month and I should feel better by then. She said at the 3rd treatment visit that I may need a 4th as some women need 4 treatments. She has now said she would not do a 4 th. mm??? I said I'd been devastated about the pain returning and that I thought it wasn't working. She said, "oh no..you'll be ok and it will work." But why wasn't I warned about any complications? I'm angry that I wasn't because possible complications should be mentioned before all med procedures. I've never had an issue with my skin not healing before. I'm not very confidant at this stage, that this will be 100% successful. My referring GP said everyone she'd referred to Dr Hassan had had great results, although she told me there was a medicare rebate, which was wrong. So no patients told her there was no rebate?, a bit odd.

Dr Hassan

Dr. Hassan was friendly and caring.