60 Years Old. 3 Treatments - Gold Coast, AU

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

60 years old. Had so much burning pain during...

60 years old. Had so much burning pain during intercourse. Tried lubricants, vagifem and biest vaginal estrogen with no success. Dr. said Mona Lisa would work. Had the full course of 3 treatments. There is no Medicare rebate. After the 2nd I'd noticed an improvement, but several weeks after the 3rd, no improvement, and sex actually hurts just as bad as it did before treatment. I'm devastated.

?I rang my gyno (5 weeks post 3rd treatment)

I rang my gyno (5 weeks post 3rd treatment) and she said to come in asap, no charge for visit. She had a look and said I am not healing well and have a chemical burn. Have been prescribed cortisone for near vaginal entrance and vagifem pessaries. She asked if I had pain while she inserted a finger, but I didn't. She said to come back in a month and I should feel better by then. She said at the 3rd treatment visit that I may need a 4th as some women need 4 treatments. She has now said she would not do a 4 th. mm??? I said I'd been devastated about the pain returning and that I thought it wasn't working. She said, "oh no..you'll be ok and it will work." But why wasn't I warned about any complications? I'm angry that I wasn't because possible complications should be mentioned before all med procedures. I've never had an issue with my skin not healing before. I'm not very confidant at this stage, that this will be 100% successful. My referring GP said everyone she'd referred to Dr Hassan had had great results, although she told me there was a medicare rebate, which was wrong. So no patients told her there was no rebate?, a bit odd.

treatment for chemical burn after 3 rd Mona Lisa T

3 rd treatment 9.5 weeks ago. I have completed the 4 weeks of treatment with vagifem and Diprosone (corticosteriod, decreases inflammation) total cost $AU $57.50. Was told I'd feel better after completion of treatment. Had sex today and still a bit sore upon entry :( , but no pain after those first few seconds. There would have been a bit of lubrication from the Vagifem inserted the night before. Had a strong orgasm which I thought I'd never have again since all this horrible intercourse pain started a few years ago. I had actually feared I may have turned frigid as the thought of sex has been fearful to me.
Dr Hassan said I can have an annual laser treatment.

Looks like no patients are told about side effects.

Going through other's blogs, no-one mentions that they were warned about side effects. Please let me know if you were. This is inadequate because I nearly didn't go back and just thought, this didn't work at all, I'm back to where I was after the initial laser treatments. Instead, there was something wrong, and I needed treatment for healing.
Also would like to mention if you need to save money, don't buy the after treatment cream for pain straight away. Wait and see if you need it. It was a waste of money for me as I had no post discomfort or pain what's so ever.the prescribed jelly was Xylocaine 2%. $AU29. The discount chemist, plus another one didn't stock it. Had to go to a 3 rd chemist.
Dr Hassan

Dr. Hassan was friendly and caring. Not told of any side effects so there was a lack of information given.