Facelift, neck, upper and lower eyes and fat transfer

I went to see Dr. Rachel in Glenview and schedule...

I went to see Dr. Rachel in Glenview and schedule procedure in June. I am working and have commitments so it is not easy to find free time and I wanted to have at least 4-6 weeks. Now I am thinking about my eyes since I will be there already and not sure about recovery. any suggestions to do it together?

New schedule date

I've decided to see few more doctors just to make sure and after each visit I was more and more comfortable to go back to Dr. Rachel. Also with other doctors there are additional information and some of it was very educational. So I went back to Dr. Rachel and we decided that summer may not be best time of the year for me. In addition to that I ask him to look at my entire face and tell me what he would do if I was his wife or someone he cared about. He did say that my eyes are not real bad but since I am doing it he will do them the same time - especially upper eyelid. He also suggested to do Lipo with Harvest - something I did not consider. He would extract my fat and process it and injected when needed around face and lips. He will also freeze remaining of the fat so I can add more during the year. He thinks I need fat in my cheeks but will go slow since it can be added anytime within next 12 months. They will keep my fat in freezer and add at later time. He suggested to do it all in one step since it will be considerable large savings and definitely one recovery. I am taking his advise and will be scheduling it week after Thanksgiving. I can work from home and don't have any plans for several months. I was concerned about recovery and Dr. Rachel suggested to send a nurse home with me for the first 24 hours to keep me company - help with ice, medication, stay with me all night and in the morning remove dressing and help me to take first shower. That sounds real wonderful and my husband is relived. He is scared about me doing all this but went with me to all doctors, like this doctor and promised to support me even if he thinks I am nuts and I don't need to do anything at all. I will post pictures once I figure how to do it. I am leaving for vacation in Europe next week and will be back in 3 weeks. I will then reserve my date and start countdown. I don't feel bad about spending money since it is for me to enjoy my face. I am 58 and slim and my face is sadly looking at me. I have million questions and started making list when I will see doctor. Good luck to all of you.

Full face work with neck and eyes

that's it - I have date for the surgery on 11/30 and I do have pre-op appointment on 11/15 when I need to pay full amount so no turning back. Have to do some blood work and EKG and see eye doctor to get clearance. Reading so many reviews and can't wait to have it done. Hired nurse from my doctor to take home for 24 hours and have my girlfriend to stay with me for day 2 and day 3 - she is medical professional. Don't want to depend on my husband who is supportive but do not understand why I am going thru all that - and money is not something he is concerned with. I am hoping for good results and for people not noticing too much changes in me. I don't have too many wrinkles on my face but I hate my neck and I have too much skin around my eyes and my chin so I don't even put make up today - I do have permanent eye liners and those should be OK per my dr. My mouth looks like I am unhappy and no fillers can put corners of my mouth where I want it to be. So I am hoping all my wish list is realistic and I don't want to look 35 again - my son is almost 38. I will take before pictures to post it for myself as a reminder. I think I am as ready as I can be. I am taking week vacation and then plan to work from home (I have that option since I am in IT) and not planning to go out until New Year.

Pictures

Pictures without makeup

Date is final

November 30 is the day of my surgery. I am ready. Doing everything I wanted at once- at least only one recovery period. Eyes, face, neck and fat transfer. Not scared but very anxious to be done. Set all month of December for recovery. I am not telling everyone but it's hard to hide from friends and family. Hope for natural results. I will post useful information as I go alone.

Count down begins

I am all set for November 30 - hope to post more pictures and details once I am done and on the other side. I may have little problem seeing and typing but I will see how it goes.

12 days before surgery

This is picture with make up, darker glasses and good lighting. I am hoping to look good after procedure without too much make up.

one week to go

I am one week before the procedure - payment already done in full and all prescriptions and shopping list from doctor are done. So now I need to survive Thanksgiving and week from tomorrow on 11/30 I will be done. Happy holidays to everyone who is recovering and who is still waiting for their day. I know that first few days will be hard but each day will make it look and feel better. I am starting to practice patience.

Tomorrow is the day.

It's happening tomorrow and I can't wait. Not sure I can sleep tonight. Hope I will be fine and I am going to follow dr orders. Having done so much in one procedure will be hard but I don't want to have it done again. I will update information when I can see and type.

So happy to be on the other side

Hello everyone. I am back on line and it's day 4 after procedure. I am thrilled it's done but it was hard few days. My surgery took over 6 hours. I took nurse home over night and had friend with my next two night. I am glad I did it that way. My husband helped but it's not the same. We did ice every 20 minutes for 72 hours around the clock. Head wrapping came off next day - nurse came to my home to remove it. I felt 100% better after it was removed. I have no pain and had nothing but Tylenol. It's pulling around ears and neck but nothing I can't handle. No nausea thanks to shot nurse gave me morning after. I post few pictures of day 3. So happy I did everything during one time. If you are getting ready and need advise or help please ask. Buy wedge pillow - it's a must.

Day 5

So far so good. No bruising on my face but still lots of swelling around neck and ears. Slowly feeling coming back. No pain but just lots of pulling on the skin. Started to eat more and able to have soft solid food. No pain pills needed. Can't wait to take all stitches and staples out and comb my hair. My eye lashes are all in one together and eyes very watery but dr said it's normal. Don't do ice as much as first 4 days and rest most of the time. Don't look myself yet and trying to be positive and patient. How long it takes till you look more of yourself? Not easy to type but so happy I am done. To all waiting to do it - good luck.

7 day post

All good but my eyes are very watering and not sure how long it will take for them to be normal. Does anyone have this info? Dr is removing all staples and stitches today so maybe it will get better. My face feels ok and no bruising but little swollen. I know it's only 7 days so I am very happy. Just wish I could see better.
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

So far I like this doctor and he is board certified and I had lots of research done.