Facelift, neck, upper and lower eyes and fat transfer

I went to see Dr. Rachel in Glenview and schedule...

I went to see Dr. Rachel in Glenview and schedule procedure in June. I am working and have commitments so it is not easy to find free time and I wanted to have at least 4-6 weeks. Now I am thinking about my eyes since I will be there already and not sure about recovery. any suggestions to do it together?

New schedule date

I've decided to see few more doctors just to make sure and after each visit I was more and more comfortable to go back to Dr. Rachel. Also with other doctors there are additional information and some of it was very educational. So I went back to Dr. Rachel and we decided that summer may not be best time of the year for me. In addition to that I ask him to look at my entire face and tell me what he would do if I was his wife or someone he cared about. He did say that my eyes are not real bad but since I am doing it he will do them the same time - especially upper eyelid. He also suggested to do Lipo with Harvest - something I did not consider. He would extract my fat and process it and injected when needed around face and lips. He will also freeze remaining of the fat so I can add more during the year. He thinks I need fat in my cheeks but will go slow since it can be added anytime within next 12 months. They will keep my fat in freezer and add at later time. He suggested to do it all in one step since it will be considerable large savings and definitely one recovery. I am taking his advise and will be scheduling it week after Thanksgiving. I can work from home and don't have any plans for several months. I was concerned about recovery and Dr. Rachel suggested to send a nurse home with me for the first 24 hours to keep me company - help with ice, medication, stay with me all night and in the morning remove dressing and help me to take first shower. That sounds real wonderful and my husband is relived. He is scared about me doing all this but went with me to all doctors, like this doctor and promised to support me even if he thinks I am nuts and I don't need to do anything at all. I will post pictures once I figure how to do it. I am leaving for vacation in Europe next week and will be back in 3 weeks. I will then reserve my date and start countdown. I don't feel bad about spending money since it is for me to enjoy my face. I am 58 and slim and my face is sadly looking at me. I have million questions and started making list when I will see doctor. Good luck to all of you.

Full face work with neck and eyes

that's it - I have date for the surgery on 11/30 and I do have pre-op appointment on 11/15 when I need to pay full amount so no turning back. Have to do some blood work and EKG and see eye doctor to get clearance. Reading so many reviews and can't wait to have it done. Hired nurse from my doctor to take home for 24 hours and have my girlfriend to stay with me for day 2 and day 3 - she is medical professional. Don't want to depend on my husband who is supportive but do not understand why I am going thru all that - and money is not something he is concerned with. I am hoping for good results and for people not noticing too much changes in me. I don't have too many wrinkles on my face but I hate my neck and I have too much skin around my eyes and my chin so I don't even put make up today - I do have permanent eye liners and those should be OK per my dr. My mouth looks like I am unhappy and no fillers can put corners of my mouth where I want it to be. So I am hoping all my wish list is realistic and I don't want to look 35 again - my son is almost 38. I will take before pictures to post it for myself as a reminder. I think I am as ready as I can be. I am taking week vacation and then plan to work from home (I have that option since I am in IT) and not planning to go out until New Year.

Pictures

Pictures without makeup

Date is final

November 30 is the day of my surgery. I am ready. Doing everything I wanted at once- at least only one recovery period. Eyes, face, neck and fat transfer. Not scared but very anxious to be done. Set all month of December for recovery. I am not telling everyone but it's hard to hide from friends and family. Hope for natural results. I will post useful information as I go alone.

Count down begins

I am all set for November 30 - hope to post more pictures and details once I am done and on the other side. I may have little problem seeing and typing but I will see how it goes.

12 days before surgery

This is picture with make up, darker glasses and good lighting. I am hoping to look good after procedure without too much make up.

one week to go

I am one week before the procedure - payment already done in full and all prescriptions and shopping list from doctor are done. So now I need to survive Thanksgiving and week from tomorrow on 11/30 I will be done. Happy holidays to everyone who is recovering and who is still waiting for their day. I know that first few days will be hard but each day will make it look and feel better. I am starting to practice patience.

Tomorrow is the day.

It's happening tomorrow and I can't wait. Not sure I can sleep tonight. Hope I will be fine and I am going to follow dr orders. Having done so much in one procedure will be hard but I don't want to have it done again. I will update information when I can see and type.

So happy to be on the other side

Hello everyone. I am back on line and it's day 4 after procedure. I am thrilled it's done but it was hard few days. My surgery took over 6 hours. I took nurse home over night and had friend with my next two night. I am glad I did it that way. My husband helped but it's not the same. We did ice every 20 minutes for 72 hours around the clock. Head wrapping came off next day - nurse came to my home to remove it. I felt 100% better after it was removed. I have no pain and had nothing but Tylenol. It's pulling around ears and neck but nothing I can't handle. No nausea thanks to shot nurse gave me morning after. I post few pictures of day 3. So happy I did everything during one time. If you are getting ready and need advise or help please ask. Buy wedge pillow - it's a must.

Day 5

So far so good. No bruising on my face but still lots of swelling around neck and ears. Slowly feeling coming back. No pain but just lots of pulling on the skin. Started to eat more and able to have soft solid food. No pain pills needed. Can't wait to take all stitches and staples out and comb my hair. My eye lashes are all in one together and eyes very watery but dr said it's normal. Don't do ice as much as first 4 days and rest most of the time. Don't look myself yet and trying to be positive and patient. How long it takes till you look more of yourself? Not easy to type but so happy I am done. To all waiting to do it - good luck.

7 day post

All good but my eyes are very watering and not sure how long it will take for them to be normal. Does anyone have this info? Dr is removing all staples and stitches today so maybe it will get better. My face feels ok and no bruising but little swollen. I know it's only 7 days so I am very happy. Just wish I could see better.

Staples out but eyes are problem

My staples removed and I feel better. My only concern my eyes. I developed condition calls chemosis or something like it. Eyes are watering and filled with gel like fluids. Don't hurt but very uncomfortable. Dr gave me steroid with antibiotics drops and ask to use them for a week. He said it's not uncommon for it and it should go away. Did it happens to anyone or just my luck? I was going so well. Maybe it's price for doing all procedures at once? I am following dr orders but definitely unhappy. All other parts looking and feeling ok. Today day 8 and I still have no feeling in my neck and on and around my ears. I started massaging myself as I was told and will start warm compress in few days. Staples were removed very easily and I have lots of self dissolving stitches around hairline, around ears and in some other areas under my hair. It supposed to dissolve in few weeks. I will try taking pictures tomorrow.

10 days after

I am 10 days post facelift, fat transfer, neck and eyes. I. General I have no bruising and no pain. I do have problem with my eyes. Dr said I developed extra swelling inside my eyes and he gave me steroid drops. One of my eyes upper lid is not as open as my other eye. I am hoping I don't need a revision since it will set back my recovery. Perhaps it's not enough time. Did anyone had this problem with eye surgery?

13 days post op

Looking not myself yet but feeling ok. Still have all stitches in my head not dissolved and more pulling around ears and neck. Took shower and use blow dryer on low setting. Still can't use hair brush and using pick for my hair. Pictures not best but it is what it is. Tomorrow us 2 weeks anniversary. I will celebrate with my husband and friend and glass of wine????

Two weeks post op

I am two weeks post op. I have still hard areas under chin and around ears. I can still feel most stitches and I am seeing my dr next week and he will trim more stitches. I feel fine to go out and only concern today is one eye little more closed and I have to wait for swelling to go away and all stitches dissolved completely in my eyes. I feel that I am more aware of my eyes then people around me. Today after 2 weeks all I can say I am glad I gig all procedures at once.

Day 15 post OP

so days are just rolling one after the other - I don't have any complains outside of the lose of feelings around temples, ears and neck but doing massage little by little which is not most pleasant feeling. I am patient since doctor promised me to address any issues I may still have once I am totally healing. I do see huge different if I take pictures before and after using body parts. Technically all selfies looks not natural to me but if I just do eyes or lower face I can see huge difference. I am posting before and after pictures of the face parts. Still slipping on my wedge pillow - not sure how to live without it now. Eating regular food but easy on salt. Never got any bruising and swelling coming down I think. I am seeing doctor at 3 weeks and he is going to trim stitches - I have way too many especially around drain area at the back and around temples and everywhere around my hairline. But it is a very small price to pay. I walk outside yesterday and bumped into my next door neighbor - she did not say anything so I guess she did not noticed which is great. I am hoping to go out next week.

Day 16 post op

I can't find scar under my chin and very little scarring around my ears. My neck still swollen and because of it looks bigger. But turkey neck is gone.

Day 18

Not sure if anything changed. No make up pictures.

3 weeks post

I went today to see my ps and all looks great. He took tons of pictures and we compared it. What a difference 3 weeks made. I will see him in 3 month and we will discuss fat injection. He froze my fat to add when needed. I need to be patient to get all my feelings back. He said I don't have any restrictions. Incisions still there but they will dissolve with time and so will I get feeling around my ears and under chin. I can start using make up if I want to. My eyes needs artificial tears few times a day. I am going to the office next week. Went shopping today and stop to see my mom. She said I look myself but younger and natural. Feel great.

One more

23 day update

Thinks are getting much better and I am more comfortable going out. My incisions looks good and I am using Silagen gel for scars. I ask my husband to take pictures of the scars so here they are.

Four weeks tomorrow

So I am going to work for a first time tomorrow. I work in large company but managing 12 man IT group. I know that man don't pay too much attention (I hope). I told them I had corrective eye surgery just in case since I have tine scars above my upper lids and they little extended. I hope it will be ok. Last week I had two dinner parties - one at restaurant with real bad lighting???? and other at people home. I put lipstick and mineral foundation and I have tattoo liners on my eyes so I was presentable. Nobody looked at me strange way or said anything. My incisions healing good but still too much stitches not dissolved and area where I had drain still have crusted area. If I pick crust a little it start bleeding so I am leaving it alone. I still have lots of pulling and areas around my ears, earlobes and neck are very hard and no feeling like it's not mine. But I have no bruising and never had any. I feel like swelling is almost gone. So outside of being uncomfortable I feel ok. I am having hard time when I am driving to turn my neck all the way. I feel that one eye is bigger then other but I think it's because of numbness in my temples and I feel more pulling when I am closing my eyes tight in that eye. I just wish I gain my face back. The only area soft is in cheeks. Most people saying that big mark is 6 weeks so I am 2 weeks away. I am happy I did it all. I still have fat frozen and will check with my ps in 3 to 6 month when and where to add it. For now I am just trying to live with all the issues and I am not complaining to my husband. He was and is supportive but saying that I did it on my own without any necessity. I guess he is right. I took picture today and I hate selfie but I want to keep it for the records.

4 weeks post back to work.

So I am back to the office. Put little makeup and looks ok.

Almost 5 weeks

I am kind of sad that after all this time I am not able to feel my neck and areas around my ears and temples / it's hard like a rock. At night it feels like I have something fulling my neck and I still can't sleep on my side. My earlobe still swollen and my sutures still not dissolved around my hairline. My upper eyes stitches better but still tiny red line but lower eyes looks good. Sutures where I had drain still not healed and I can feel crust there. I guess I look much better then I feel. My dr thinks it's normal and as expected. Am I ahead of myself? I did not imagine recovery takes that long. I go out and go to work. My neck turning about 70% but under chin and around ears and temples it is 90% hard without any feeling. I wonder if I am not alone. I can close my eyes but when I do I can feel my mussels working around my temples. I tried to do a massage myself but it's very hard. I use warm compress first before massage. I never had any pain but just lots of pulling and tightness in my face and neck. I am beginning to getting used to that feeling but would love to feel normal. I am going to see kids in 3 weeks and hoping for some improvements but don't expect any miracles. Is someone feels the same I would like to hear from anyone.

5 weeks today

It's 5 weeks since big day. No regrets even if recovery much slower then I imagine. One of my opens little more and it's due to numbness in my temples. On the scale 1 to 10 comfort is 6 with 10 being very comfortable. Numbness around ears, temples and under chin is 4 on the same scale. People who did not see me don't ask any questions and I am comfortable going to work and out. I started to sleep in my side and it's no problems. My eyes are not dry but I am putting drops before going to bed. I am using moisturizers to protect my skin. I can't tell about fat since I don't know yet how much of my fat survived. My husband keep saying he can't see difference but I do. When I look at 1 week before photo and today it is shocking to me. Can't wait for 3 month mark since it's my new goal. According to most people it's when numbness suppose to be gone. I add few before and today photos. I hate selfie but want to keep it for my own records.

Almost 6 weeks post op

So I am almost 6 weeks post my procedure. Anyone who met me cannot tell that I had something done. that is totally great. I don't have any bruising and my face round and even without any visible bumps or lumps. How I feel it totally different and very hard to describe - only someone who did it can understand my feelings. On the good side I am not depressed or unhappy. I look at any issues as a challenge and my PS seeing me on the first request or anytime I send him pictures about something I am not sure. So that is the good part. I am continued being numb in many areas of my face - my temples and areas infront of my ears are the hardest - when I need to scratch my ears it feels like I am touching someone else. Because of that area when I close my eyes I can feel skin getting tighter in the temples. maybe that is why one of my eyes little smaller than the other but nobody noticed but me. Area behind my ears healing nice and I don't have any issues. I am trying to do massage and I feel like areas under my ears are getting little softer and feelings coming back. Neck is getting softer to touch but under chin area especially around the incision is hard as a rock. From time to time I am getting tingling sensation which is probably good since it means that nerves are beginning to heal. My hairline incisions are hard to find so I am not bothered at all - I am sure they will dissolve next month. My incision where I used to have drainage is my big concern and I am seeing my dr about it. The area is not healing and after shower I have to be super careful. If I touch it wrong way I can feel blood and little discharge from the incision. I have lots of hair and I have a feeling that hair around that area are tangled with the stitches and maybe my dr can cut or clear area from hair. It may prevent it to heal faster. I can't even dream going to cut or color my hair in this condition. So if my drain will heal and if I could feel my face and neck I would say this is a success. My eyes looks great outside of being pulled due to the numbness and I look myself and not alien as I was first 2 weeks. I am trying to put my hair behind my ears but because my ears numb the hair won't stay there. Oh well, that is the small issues comparing to where I was 6 weeks ago. I wonder if anyone reading it had issue with drain area healing and any suggestion how to handle it? thanks everyone.

6 weeks update

Today is 6 weeks after procedure. I look good but still numb in many places. My left side more than right and because of it my left eye looks less open but I am only one to see it. I still have sutures where drain was bothering me and I am seeing my dr today. He may need to clean up area and maybe cut some hair. I have a lot of hair so no big deal but it may prevent from healing in that area. I sleep on the side and able to turn my neck but under chin and around ears area it feels like totally numb. Everyone saying I have to wait for 3 month mark so I am 50% done.

7 weeks update

Nothing new and some areas still very numb. Scars are getting better and neck turning good in all directions.

2 month update

It's two month since my surgery. Feel good and look ok and totally normal. Still numb around temples, ears and under chin but it's not bothering me. So glad I did it. Just went on vacation and nobody can tell that I did something - very natural results.
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Rachel is true professional with very good hands - he never push me to do more and it was me who came back several time before making final decision on doing all the procedures to my face. He is gentle and knows what he is doing. During and after my procedure he is always available, his staff is great and very approachable with pictures, phone calls and appointments if I need more attention. I do feel very fortunate to find him. In addition to PS he is ENT doctor and I felt very safe. I would recommend this doctor to anyone - his consultation is free and I met with him at least 3 times before scheduling surgery. His bedside manners great and if I ever need to do something he will be my first choice.