2 Weeks Post Op - Already Loving my New Nose! - Glendale, CA

I'm usually not one to write reviews, but I am...

I'm usually not one to write reviews, but I am absolutely blown away by the amazing work Dr. Grigoryants has done on my nose! Although it has only been 2 weeks and there is still a lot of swelling present, I am already loving my new nose. Like many of you, I decided to have this surgery because I was unhappy with the way my nose looked. From the moment I met Dr. Grigoryants, all of my nervousness went away. I felt so safe and the "what if" questions immediately left my mind. The anesthesiologist was also amazing and very kind. It was my first time going under general anesthesia and he made me feel comfortable the entire time. He was one of the funniest people I have ever met. Within minutes of talking to him, I went from crying to laughing and forgetting why I was even nervous in the first place! Before I knew it I was in the surgery room and out like a light. The surgery itself was a breeze and recovery wasn't too bad. Having someone with you during recovery makes a world of difference. I am so happy that I decided to have a family member come with me rather than going through this alone. Overall, I had an amazing experience and am so grateful. It's very surreal to think back on things. I used to believe that my nose was my worst feature and I was so self conscious about it. Now I think it is one of my best features and my only regret was not having this done sooner! I couldn't be happier with everything and am so excited to see the final result once the swelling goes down!

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I update this review...

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I update this review... I apologize for the delay and I want to thank you all for the kind words! These past few weeks have been a very low point in my life. After surgery, I was absolutely in love with my profile (as you can see from my previous pictures). Despite this, I still wasn't happy with the frontal view of my nose. I emailed Dr. Grigoryants and was told multiple times that it was just swelling. For the first few weeks I believed that, but slowly I started to have doubts. Everyday, I looked in the mirror and couldn't figure out why my nose looked so strange. I slowly shied away from taking pictures unless I was angled towards the side. I even began to dread being around mirrors, I was starting to not recognize myself. The frontal view of my nose haunted me every day and I constantly debated if I made a mistake. I became distant from family and friends until I finally decided to sit down and figure out why the frontal view of my nose was eating away at me so much. I took multiple photos of the front of my nose as you can see and compared them to a photo I took pre-surgery. The profile view of my nose is still perfect, and I could not be happier with it. In addition to this, Dr. Grigoryants was able to shorten the overall length of my nose which I am happy with as well. Despite these improvements, the front of my nose is nearly twice the width it used to be and appears slightly crooked (especially when smiling - shown in the photos). I believe that this is due to the nasal valve repair that was only performed on one side of my nose (setting it off balance possibly?). At 2 months post-op, I highly doubt this is all credited to swelling. From my research, it may be the surgeon's error or my bones spread during recovery. Either way, I am trying to stay hopeful but am finding myself devastated recently... It is extremely hard to look in the mirror and not recognize yourself. Although it is far too soon to even consider a small revision to narrow my nose, I am going to consult with a well respected surgeon near me to evaluate the cause behind this issue. I will keep you all updated, thank you again for all the kind words. I apologize for writing such a negative update but I feel that this needed to be addressed.

Finally Seeing Improvement!

I apologize for not updating this review as often, but I am now almost 3 months post rhinoplasty and my nose has finally started to slim down! Although I am very happy to see this improvement, there are still a few concerns I have. The pictures I have shared show how my bridge remains slightly disfigured. I am hoping that this is just swelling but am planning to meet with another plastic surgeon to get an alternative opinion in a few months. The first photo was taken with flash at a close range. Luckily, the small imperfections are not as noticeable when taking photos without flash (see additional photos). In addition to this, these imperfections are hardly visible to the human eye. I am slowly starting to love my nose again when I look in the mirror and I really hope to see more improvements in the future. I also want to thank you all for your encouragement and kind words, this website has honestly helped me get through some pretty dark days... I am so grateful for the support I have been getting and hopefully I will be seeing some more positive changes in my nose. I will keep you all updated!

Flash Photo Referenced in Previous Update

Here is the flash photo that I referenced in my previous update, sorry I accidentally deleted it! As you can see, the imperfections are more noticable

Final Update - extremely happy and grateful for my new nose!

Hello everyone!

It has officially been a year since my rhinoplasty and I can now honestly say it was the best decision I have ever made. In my previous posts I was struggling with my changed appearance and it took me awhile to realize how amazing my nose turned out. Now that the majority of the swelling has gone down I am finally happy with my nose. I have included some more before photos for your reference along with some more recent photos of my nose. Unfortunately this post may soon be taken down due to my own privacy reasons, but I hope that my journey has helped others looking into this surgery! I wish you all the best of luck, you are in great hands if you are considering Dr. Grigoryants. He has exceeded my expectations and is a wonderful surgeon. Thank you all for your support and for following me on this journey! (:

Final Thoughts

A little random but I was just looking through a few other rhinoplasty reviews and noticed my photos referenced, I'm honestly so happy I was able to help and inspire some of you (: It made my day and I wish you all the best!
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I really cannot say enough good things about Dr. Grigoryants. From the moment I met him, all of my nervousness went away. I felt so safe and the "what if" questions immediately left my mind. He is one of the kindest doctors I've ever met and genuinely cares about his patients. He was very attentive and always answered my emails quickly. He is professional and to the point which is something I greatly appreciated. I would 100% highly recommend him to anyone considering having this procedure done. He is truly an artist and I couldn't be happier with my results.