Rhinoplasty with Dr. Grigoryants in Glendale CA

I will be going in for rhinoplasty surgery on the...

I will be going in for rhinoplasty surgery on the 19th of March 2015, and am extremely nervous. So far Dr. Grigoryants and his staff have been absolutely amazing. I feel very confident with my decision to have him as my surgeon, and will continue to update as I go through the surgery/healing process.

-Realself has been such a fantastic resource through all of the unexpected emotions I've experienced so far. I'm posting in hopes that I may be able to help someone else out in the way many RealSelfers have helped me.

Surgery day!

I did it! I can't believe it is finally over. All of my built up anxiety and stress ended up being completely unnecessary.

Every single person that helped me out today was unbelievably amazing. If it weren't for my pre-op nurse Sandy, I may have died from anxiety, but she was the sweetest, most hilarious girl I've ever met.

-I woke up from surgery a little groggy, and with a tiny bit of pressure in the center of my face, but other than that I am very surprised at how painless everything has been so far.

I do have some pretty intense bruising under one eye, but that is to be expected.

I am feeling like I definitely made the right decision. :)

Bruising directly after surgery

This was taken about an hour after anesthesia wore off.

Swelling and congestion-

The last two days I have been much more uncomfortable than I was directly after surgery. The swelling in my right eye is still pretty bad, and I have constant tears from the swelling. -The worst part is the congestion and leaking from my nose. I'm desperate to blow my nose and take a shower, and it is really frustrating to know that I can't. That being said, I am still very surprised that there is not a lot of pain. I haven't experienced any pain that one or two Tylenol couldn't handle. I'm just hoping this congestion clears up soon so I can start to feel human again.

Two days after surgery

Even with the cast still on, you can see that there is a major change to my bridge.

Cast removal day!

The cast came off today, and I couldn't be more excited about how it looks so far! I was so scared that I would be in shock, and that it would take me time to adjust, but it's absolutely perfect. Even with the swelling, it is a million times better than it was before.

Grigoryants is a brilliant artist and surgeon.

Before surgery - After cast removal

Before and After - Front View

Fromt view - no smile

Front view

Before, 1 week, & 12 days

Fourteen months post-op

First off, I want to say that I am incredibly happy with my results. The look of my nose is improved beyond what I could have ever expected. -That being said, there are a few things that I have experienced that should be taken into consideration by anyone looking to move forward with this procedure.

1. Numbness - The tip of my nose is still very stiff and numb, even now at over a year post-op. It's not so terrible that it would stop me from doing it over if I had to, but it is a constant reminder, and it feels very odd.

2. It's not perfect. As much as my nose has improved, there are still little imperfections that remain. I have a small nodule on one side that formed after surgery, and I still feel that my tip and nostrils are not exactly as I would have liked them. - I knew going in that perfection wasn't guaranteed, so I feel that I had realistic expectations. -

Please keep in mind that I would do this ten times over if I knew I would have this same result again, and I think Dr. Grigiryants is an absolute genius. I'm just writing this to keep it real for anyone that is considering rhinoplasty in the future. Good luck to you all!

Seventeen months after surgery

Here is a front view at seventeen months post-op. - The left photo is what my nose looks like when photographed without an upper light source, and the right photo is my nose photographed in direct upper light. As you can see, there is still an amazing improvement from my pre-surgery nose, but when my nose catches light, it has a very obvious S shaped (crooked) bridge. The crookedness of the bridge seems to get worse with time. I'm not sure if the swelling was camouflaging it a bit in the beginning or if it is just not holding shape as it heals, but hopefully it doesn't get any worse as time goes on.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Grigoryants and his staff have been extremely thorough and helpful through this whole experience. I will continue to update as I get closer to surgery. ***I am now one week post surgery, and am absolutely thrilled with my results. I would recommend Vladimir Grigoryants as a surgeon to anyone looking for quality rhinoplasty. He is truly amazing.