Surgery June 21

Hi everyone ! I'm having my second consultation...

Hi everyone ! I'm having my second consultation soon for my rhinoplasty that will be on April of next year. I have decided to have my procedure with Dr. Grigoryants because I really like this work, how professional he is , and how attentive he is to his patients. I always wanted to have this procedure done so I'm very excited ! I made a list of all the things I want to discuss with my doctor however any suggestions/ advice on what to go over ? I want my consultation to be as productive as possible !

Questions on financing options at Grigoryants' Office

Hi everyone ! My surgery is just around the corner ( scheduled for June 21 ! ) I'm excited but also worried . I have my third consultation soon and all of sort of things are crossing my mind. I have saved for my surgery for some time now but I'm just reading about the financing options his office offers. I might qualify for their zero interest loan ( based on the description given) Has anyone used the financing option offered with his office ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys !

Just around the corner ! Wish me luck !

Hi everyone ! Surgery is just around the corner and boy am I excited ! I will be uploading my before photos so y'all can see my progress. My pre-op went fine and I discussed with Dr. Grigoryants our plan. However I wish we had more time to discussed it in detail. I know, I know he's very busy. He will be reducing the bump on my nose and refining the tip. I mentioned that he suggested on our previous consultations that we wanted to reduce/take in my nostrils just a little but on our pre-op he didn't mentioned it and I had to remind him and that takes me a little bit worried. Has he changed his mind? And no longer thinks it's necessary? When I asked , he said it will help my apearance when I smiled just a bit. He said we will be reviewing our plan once again prior to surgery and I'll have time to discuss it with him more in detail, even if it's just a few minutes .

Just around the corner ! Wish me luck !

One more day before surgery !

Hi everyone , next time I'll be posting here it will be after surgery. I'm uploading my before photos. I have been a member of realself for two years now and the reviews have really helped me find my doctor and prepare for the surgery . Tomorrow I'll stop by and buy some soft food for my post-op Any suggestions? Thanks

Post Op

Hi everyone, I'm a few days out of surgery and I'm hanging on. On the day of surgery I was in the hospital the whole day. I was the last patient and the surgery before mine ran longer than expected. I was ok with that. Dr. Grigoryants and I briefly went over our plan before surgery . He did not reduced the size of my nostril which I'm fine with. I trust his recommendations. When I came out of surgery I was not bruised AT ALL . I was surprised however I was very swollen. That first night I had an awful headache and feel asleep with ice on my forehead.I have had very little to eat my mouth is super dry from breathing through it . I also have trouble sleeping and the nightmares and anxiety don't help. I did get a little scared on the second day because the gauze got stuck with the gauze from inside my left nostril and was pulling it out. We called and followed the office recommendations to avoid the trip to his office. I'm excited to have my cast removed guys just a few more day .. just a few more days ..

Questions for post op rhino patients! Please help

Hi everyone ! I have a busy summer and unfortunately I have to get back to my routine fairly quickly but obviously I want to take my precautions.. How long did it take you before you can sleep flat in your pillow? How long before you guys felt comfortable working out or doing sports ? Started wearing makeup ? Or eye glasses? Thanks guys

And the cast is off!

My cast is finally off and it has been a rollercoaster with so many emotions. For one , I really wanted to do this for a long time and I have worked so hard to save for this surgery it made today a dig deal. I had my appt in the morning and waited in the lobby and later in the patient room for about 30 mins before Dr. G came in the room to remove my cast. It was a fairly quickly process in all I want to say about 5 minutes and I was off . I do have to say it's very much painful impart because I had so much dry blood ugh ! Once I saw myself in the mirror I was puzzled haha I had to do a retake and realize I was looking at myself. Dr. G giggled and said that I was still very swollen but I have a cute noise. At home after finally showering I had time to look at my noise. It's pretty flat at the bridge and pointy at the tip ( I'm praying it will drop ) but overall I'm not freaking out about it just yet. Im going to trust the process and wait for the swelling to go down. Finger crossed .

Difficult Two weeks post op

The first week after getting my cast off I was puzzled and a little bit uncomfortable with my new nose. I really wanted to have a wow I love my nose moment but I didn't . I look very different from what I did before . My bridge is very wide and the tip is high( very high actually) At first I was ok but then I wasn't happy . I know is too soon but i hope once the swollen goes down my new nose blends with my face. I'm not depressed however I do feel the details were missed . My family is very supportive but I know its difficult for them too I see me struggle. There are things i do like about my new nose one of them is my profile . I had a high bridge before and now is almost gone making my face very flat which is something I'm uncomfortable with. Also the tip is very high I can see the part of the inside of my nostrils and I'm praying it drops . I look a lot younger now a lot actually . I hope that by the next following weeks the swelling had gotten better and my bridge is most defined and the tip lower .

Arnica Tea helps with swelling

I'm 19 days post op and I'm feeling a lot better and I also think that I look better. The swelling as gone down a little bit more thanks to drinking arnica tea. A friend who had a surgery suggested drinking arnica tea . You can find it at most stores . I drink it everyday morning and night . The tip of my nose is still very sore and hurts when I touch it however it less swollen. The tip has also dropped just a little bit which I'm very happy about . Now that the swelling has gone down by a bit I'm noticing a strange bone mark between my nose and my eye on my left side. Is making my nose a little bit unsymmetrical . Im breathing a lot better too however I'm still retaining a lot of fluids .

Healing and swelling

I'm doing a lot better since my surgery on the 21 of June . Arnica tea is helping a lot with the swelling as I mentioned in my previous post. However, now that the swelling is going down I'm noticing two things . My nostrils are different sizes , it appears now is bigger/more open than the other one . Also, the bone mark between my eye and nose is still there. :/ overall I'm happy with how my nose is getter better each day and I hope these two details fade away with time .
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon