33 yr old mother of 3 - Gilbert, AZ

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

After having three children and breastfeeding for...

After having three children and breastfeeding for about 3.5 years total- my breasts were deflated and sad so I was ready to just go for it and gift myself a breast augmentation. I first met with Dr Olson at the end of May for my consultation. I explained that I wanted to look natural, proportionate and not top heavy. During my pre op appointment we essentially decided on 450cc silicone anatomical Sientra implants, under the muscle with an inframammary incision. My breasts at the time fell between A/B because of some asymmetry.

The day of surgery I was extremely nervous. I think I was probably shaking. I had never undergone elective surgery before and my anxiety was building. Moments before I was about to go under anesthesia I started to really tear up. Dr Olson immediately came to my side and reassured me that everything would be OK. That was exactly what I needed in that moment. The last thing I remember was saying "thank you", surprisingly dreaming a lot during surgery and then ultimately waking up in a LOT of pain. I apparently kept asking the nurse the same question repeatedly because of the anesthesia. :) She was patient with me.

Recovery the first night was fairly brutal. Day 2 was also hard but better. Everyday has improved since then and now I'm 10 days post op and I'm already seeing a LOT of positive changes. Things originally look smashed down, small and weird under all the bandaging. But once that was removed I noticed my breasts take shape quickly. I've been wearing the band above my breasts for a week now. Gotta keep it on for another few days. I've got a love/hate relationship with the thing. :)

It's been a mental challenge to not be able to work out several times a week. I do miss that. So I'm just doing my best to eat healthy so I don't gain weight while I'm on restriction- although I'm pretty sure I'm starting to lose muscle mass. August 11th will be my 6wk mark and then I can get back to being my active self. I am really happy with my results so far and simply love my doctor. Next post op appointment in 4 weeks...

Before and After Photos

How I look in clothing...

I'm happy with how natural and proportionate I'm looking in clothing. Still only wearing my post op bras so maybe when I switch they'll have extra umph. :)

Post Op Bloating

I figured I should share this little tid but I learned and did NOT expect! After my surgery I realized I was easily 10lbs heavier (not including the weight of the implants which should've been about 2lbs). I was mortified, devastated and super depressed. Gaining 10lbs overnight was shocking to me. My abdomen was bloated from the surgery. And this is apparently normal.

I remember going in two days later for my first post op appt and my surgical bra didn't fit- because of the bloating. So I recommend this be something you plan for! I left that appointment braless and my surgeon said for me to hold on to the bra and within a couple weeks it should fit. He was right but it only took one week. Thank goodness!

I recall being up MANY times during the night having to urinate. It was so annoying because moving was painful. After the fact it dawned on me that the reason I had to urinate so much that first week was because my body was releasing that fluid build up! Yay.

Anyway... just a little something I learned in my recovery. Feeling great today! Almost to my 6 week mark!

New bra!

Yay for finally being able to wear a real bra!! :)
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon

During my consultation with Dr. Olson, I was confident he was the surgeon for me. He's knowledgeable, sharp, detailed and informative. Beyond that, Dr. Olson made me feel comfortable with his warm, patient and unassuming demeanor. He walked me through things when I was indecisive and gave me the calming reassurance I needed the day of surgery. The post op care has been excellent. Dr. Olson called me the night of surgery to make sure I was ok. He never makes me feel a burden when I have a long list of questions or concerns and I know he’s only a phone call away if anything comes up. His staff is a pleasure to work with as well. I feel truly blessed to have found Dr. Olson and couldn’t be more pleased with my results. I highly recommend Dr. Olson and wouldn't go to anyone else.