20 Year Old - Rochester, NY

So I have a port wine stain on my face and neck. I...

So I have a port wine stain on my face and neck. I started treatments when I was 3 weeks old. I switched doctors at 5 years old due to no change and scaring left from the doctor. I was with the second Doctor till I was 16. My birthmark would fade and come back but never gone. I was told it would be gone at 5, then at 12 and then sometime after 16 but there was never any signs of improvement. At 16 I gave up on all of it and went through a rough time in my life. When I started college I decide to look for another doctor that could help me. He has been great, I am on my 6th treatment with him tomorrow and my birthmark has faded so much that it's hard to see in photos now.

Before my new and final Doctor I had over 200 laser treatments without any changes but with only 6 it has faded at least 55%.
So I'm writing this so people won't give up in finding a treatment. If what you are seeing doesn't please you then find a different Doctor that can help. I almost stopped in trying and I'm glad I didn't. Also the cost of treatments is unknown to me since I have had so many but my new Doctor I do not have to pay a sent for the treatments.
Also I have never covered up my birthmark with makeup since it is was makes me me and the idea of hiding g something that has made me the person I am today just doesn't seem right. But I don't want to live with it for the rest of my life so hopefully in a couple years I won't have to worry about meeting new people and wonder what they thought.

Answering Question

I have only had the Pulse Dye Laser used on me. The difference was in the strength of the laser and the technique used. My first 2 doctors didn't have it figured out but my last Doctor some how made all the difference. I noticed with him I had a lot more bruising after treatments, they would be dark purple and wouldn't lighten for 10 days but before it would be slightly darker and the bruises would fade quickly. Also I was told never to use ice before my treatments since it shrinks the blood vessels, I know it hurts more when not using ice but that is the price we must pay.
-Hope this helps!

Here are photos from 2011-2016. As you can see it has lightened a lot. Some days it does look darker and in photos it can look like nothing's there even though I know it's still there. I don't wear makeup unless it's after a treatment and I'm bruised but that's mainly for everyone else so they aren't shocked when they see me. Also I don't like photos and these were all I can find that shows the color differences well.
Rochester Dermatologist

Amazing and I'm happy to have found him. He has changed my life and I will forever be greatfull.