Explant and Lift 550cc Silicone, This is Really Happening! - Gastonia, NC

First I want to thank all of the beautiful brave...

First I want to thank all of the beautiful brave women who have shared their stories and pictures as well as bared their emotions on this site. Your testimonials helped me with my decision and inspired me to pay it forward by sharing my journey. Thank you! So, a little about me, I'm 45, 5'2" and athletic. I've had implants for 20 years. I got 300cc saline over the muscle after pregnancies and breast feeding transformed my once perky 34Bs into two pancakes with raisins on top, lol. The 300cc took me to a small C cup and really helped restore my body confidence. I was happy with them for many years. Over time they began to ripple and sort of slosh around in the pocket. I wanted to replace them so I saw a very reputable PS who suggested I switch to silicone for a more natural look and feel and he suggested I go a bit larger to fill in the skin that had loosened over time. My husband was all over the bigger suggestion, lol. We discussed 400-450cc. After surgery I woke up to 550cc that took me to a DD cup!! Way too big for my frame. The PS told me the swelling would go down but fast forward to today, years later and I still have DDs. Don't get me wrong, he did a great job on the surgery and I've had a little fun with these, but they're not for me. I'm sooo ready to be back to me. Ready for my clothes to fit, no popping buttons on button down shirts, looking top heavy in dresses, looking heavier and more matronly than I am. Ready to wear a monokini minus the major side boobage. Most of all I'm hoping to be rid of the chronic neck, shoulder and back pain. I attached a recent pic. I was shocked, I call it my mega-boob pic. My poor top straps are hanging on for dear life! Thanks for sharing my journey with me.

Consultations

Hi everyone! I planned to have three consults before making a decision but I only had two. I first went to the PS who performed the BA and he ticked me off within minutes. I was very clear that I didn't want to replace the implants and had questions about the lift procedure and he kept asking me "are you sure you don't want to go with a smaller implant? ". He dropped lines like, "you won't be happy with them", "they'll be deflated ", "they'll have a very flat appearance", blah, blah, blah. Ugh! He practically ignored questions about the lift. He was in implant sales mode. Believe me I know that what he's saying may be true, I understand the reality that removing the implants may leave me with a look I'm not happy with. I'm not looking for a PS to lie to me. My problem with him is that he wasnt listening to me. I called him on it, he tried to back peddle but by that point I was super irritated and my decision was made. Anyway, rant over about him. I left his office knowing I wouldn't be back. My next consult was with Dr. Timmons and wow what a stark contrast. He came in, sat down, listened to me, told me he understood my concerns, did an exam and told me he thought the explant and lift would give me the result I'm looking for. Explained why, showed me some before and afters, answered all of my questions, wasn't rushed at all and he was very pleasant and down to earth. A couple days later I received a personal letter in the mail from Dr. Timmons thanking me for choosing him for the consult. I canceled the third appt with another PS that charges $200/consult and booked with Dr. Timmons. By the way, Dr. Timmons patient coordinator Shannon has been awesome as well. I'll do a full review after the procedure and after care.

They're Out!

Good evening ladies! They're out! The procedure went great and I feel pretty good tonight. Some minor soreness but no real pain. My chest felt like it was on fire when I made it home after surgery, especially around the incisions but that has faded. I can't stop staring at my new profile. I feel so tiny and light. The breast shape isn't great yet but I'm working on being patient and giving my body time to heal properly. I'll update after my first post op appt and give more details on the procedure. Thanks to everyone who checked in on me today. I appreciate it so much!

First Post Op Appointment & Surgery Review

Hello ladies! I had my first post op appt this morning and all looks good. The right side is a little swollen but the doctor wants to give it a chance to resolve itself. They're a little boxy shape wise but I know changes will continue. So far so good! We'll see what next week brings. Now that I'm feeling more like myself I can give you guys more details on the surgery. I showed up at the surgery center at 7am. I was greeted by Shannon the patient coordinator and taken to a room to change. I gave a urine sample for a pregnancy test (negative, lol). The nurse came in and confirmed my medical history. She was very sweet and put me at ease. Dr. Timmons came in took some pictures and made some markings on my breasts. Then the anesthesiologist came in and introduced himself, confirmed the same health questions and started an IV. It was cold in the room so they put a warming blanket on me. The IV fluid was also warm. I walked across the hall to the operating room and within minutes I was under general anesthesia. The implant removal and full anchor lift took about 2.5 hours. I woke up in the recovery room fully dressed and sitting in a wheelchair. No memory of how I got there. I didn't feel pain at that point. The ride home was fine too, no pain. By the time I got home my chest felt like it was on fire, which I understand now is the nerves repairing themselves. I'll continue to update, hopefully I'll keep seeing positive changes. I'm so happy I did this, it's a literal weight off my chest. My neck and shoulder pain have resolved already! I attached a pic of my implants. They were huge. If anyone has questions please ask me. If you're on the fence about removing your implants I'd urge you to do it. I don't think you'll regret it.

3 Days Post Op

Today has been a pretty good day. The Dr cleared me to shower yesterday but I was nervous about it for some reason and waited a day. I got over it today and enjoyed a much needed, relaxing warm shower. The warm water felt great, especially on my swollen breast. I also changed out of the surgical bra into a sports bra. The extra compression and support feel really good. I bought a Fruit of the Loom 2-pack from Walmart for $10.94. Can't beat the price and they're comfy and supportive. I'm feeling much better today, no more pain meds only tylenol. Thank goodness for that, those pain meds really slowed me down and left me feeling so bloated :-)

The bloat struggle is real...

Hi ladies! I've been off of pain meds since Friday, drinking lots of water and I still look 6 months pregnant! I'd love to hear from any of you with advice. Do I just have to wait it out? Otherwise healing is going great. The little indent I had on my left breast has filled in (yay!), the right is still swollen but seems to be going down. I'm getting feeling back in my nipples (yay!) and I have no pain, just tenderness. The human body is truly miraculous. Happy healing to all my explant sisters!

Progress

Hello everyone! I went for my one week post op today and Dr Timmons is pleased with my healing, yay! I'm pleased too. I asked a bunch of questions today that may be helpful to you ladies too. He expects the asymmetry to improve as swelling on the right comes down. It's improved a bunch in a week. Both breasts are softening and the shape is changing for the better. So nice to have warm, soft, jiggly breasts. I'd forgotten what it felt like! The glue that he used on the stitches has a purple tint so the scars appear darker than they really are. He expects the glue to start peeling off within 2-3 weeks of surgery. I'm very pleased with the placement of the stitches. They gave me a tube of Skinmedica scar gel that I can start when the glue peels off. I can sleep on my side using a pillow. I'm soooo glad. Sleeping at an incline isn't the most comfortable. I can start back at the gym slowly, he suggested I do 20% of my norm to start and listen to my body. I'll try the treadmill or elliptical. No weights for now. I go back in 6 weeks. I'm so pleased so far. I was scared to take the leap but I'm so glad I did.

3 Week Update

Hello RealSelf family! 3 weeks have flown by. I made it through Thanksgiving and even some Black Friday shopping. Feeling really good, almost back to 100%. I've started my workouts, up to 15-20 minutes per day with no problems. Limited to treadmill and elliptical for now. The glue finally peeled off. That stuff is seriously sticky! I'm so pleased with the progress so far. The shape continues to improve. I was scared of the scars but Dr Timmons incision work is truly fantastic. It's funny how when your boobs are no longer your focus you notice other things about yourself. My booty definitely looks bigger to me now and I like it! Heyyy! I've lost about 4 lbs since surgery, not sure why but I'll take that too, heyyy! I've attached a few pics from different angles. Loving the small boob life. Can't wait to buy pretty bras!
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Timmons and his staff are true professionals. He is not only a skilled surgeon, he also listens to his patients; I appreciate that. I recommend Dr. Timmons without reservation.