Old C-Section Scar Giving Me Troubles but That Just Makes my Tummy Tuck That Much Closer - Gainesville, GA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I have been considering a tummy tuck since being...

I have been considering a tummy tuck since being pregnant the first time (21 years ago) and having my stomach stretched beyond belief. I hated those stretch marks from day one no matter the encouragement from friends telling me to be proud of those battle wounds. My goal has been to have a TT for my 40th birthday, two years away, but complications with my c-section scar have pushed that date up. I'm not happy to be in pain almost daily but I'm happy to have a better looking tummy sooner. My gynecologist has said that it is endometrial tissue attaching to the inside of the scar; the PS says it could be that or a hernia from the trauma caused when the nurses dropped me in the hospital and tore the incision. I can't imagine that the pain after the TT could possibly be any worse than the pain I've been going through for years. The c-section was for my 2nd daughter in 2002. It was really bad for a few years and then eased up. I thought that was the end of it but apparently not. Some days I can barely bend or move so I guess I've been preparing for years without even knowing it. I just hope after the TT heals this damage will be repaired fully. Photos to be posted soon. (Isn't that the worst part? Sharing the embarrassing part first. The part we've been hiding for years?)

YouTube Videos are Scary!

I'm an analyzer by nature. I go over things a million times before I pull the trigger in almost any aspect of my life. While reading other posts I read about the surgery videos on YouTube. At first I was so freaked out watching the video (30 mins long, the whole 9 yards). The worst part was when they cut out the belly button. Ouch, ouch, ouch! The lipo was even worse than that. Maybe I'm a little crazy but I like to know exactly what's going to happen to my body. After I got over the shock of seeing it and calmed down a bit I felt much better. I have a whole new set of questions for the PS. Like, do you put the stitches on the inside of the belly button or around it, and where do you put the drainage tubes, and does he use a pain pump? I never considered these questions until now. I'm not sure if I'll watch anymore of the videos. Maybe my curiosity is now satisfied but I'm really glad I got up the nerve. 7 weeks to go!

Internal Surgical Adhesive

Something else I forgot to ask about earlier... Has anyone had an experience with internal surgical adhesive being used during their TT? It practically eliminates the need for drains or shortens the time they are needed. The adhesive is used after the muscle has been repaired to glue your new stomach back to your body. I'm sure there is a more eloquent way to say that but that's the gist of it. It is an immediate clotting so that if there is any blood vessel, for instance, that is still bleeding it stops and greatly reduces the amount of fluid that collects in the drains. The TT procedure I watched earlier on YouTube was from a PS in Miami and he said the maximum amount of time his patients wear the drains is for 3 days. It seems that the drains are the worst part of the whole procedure. I'm wondering why more doctors aren't using this method or if there are complications created from it. It's definitely a question added to my list. The only problem is my pre-op is 1 week before my surgery in October. With all this time to think I'm going to have 100 ?'s by then.

The dreaded before pics

Well, it's finally here. The day I see what everyone else does. The worst and most hated part of my body.

Dear tummy skin, Thank you for stretching and holding my precious babies. I'm sorry to get rid of you but trash you I must!

I wish 10/22 would come faster.

Sorry for the blurriness. Still working on selfies. This is not something I do often. Hopefully as I get more practice the quality will improve.

Nightmares Have Started...

Last night I was contemplating my TT (as usual lately) when one of my dachshunds jumped into my lap. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do about them. We have 3 and they are cuddlers. I can't imagine the pain that would cause if they jumped on me after surgery. Ouch!!! My mom has an adjustable hospital bed that I'm borrowing so I'm going to have to figure out where to put it that is away from them. I was thinking of the living room so I don't feel left out of family time now I'm not so sure. Minor problem, I know, but something else I need to figure out before the big day.

This translates into nightmares last night. The day I had surgery my mom brought me home. Not to my home but my childhood home. No clue what that's about. Then, when I started to look at the incision to post pics here of course frozen peas fell out of my pajama bottoms. Apparently the PS in my dreams sticks frozen peas in your pants for pain relief after the surgery. Then, I got into a random argument with a person I've never met about what I don't know and she pushed me right in the stomach. Good grief! I seriously need to stay off here and distract myself before bed. Who knows what the next dream will be.

Essure tomorrow!

My Essure procedure is tomorrow @ 2pm. I'm a little nervous, mainly about the coils staying put. I read some really scary reviews but I've also spoken to women with successful outcomes. I'm hoping I'm one of those women. My daughter has soccer games all weekend and I wonder will I miss them or be fine. Hmmm... I guess next to the tummy tuck pain that is coming up, this will be a piece of cake.

Essure complications

There were complications with the procedure yesterday. I arrived an hour early to take a vicodin, 2 valium, 800 mg ibuprofen, and another painkiller injection. By the time I was ready to go back I was relaxed but not as foggy minded as I thought I'd be. I felt a little sleepy but I really thought I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes open.

The nurse took me back where I got undressed and waited for the dr. and the Essure rep. The hysteroscope laying on the table made me very nervous as it should! When the dr. came in she inserted the speculum, and proceeded to clean the area and give me numbing shots which were so many I lost count. Then I waited another 5 minutes for that medicine to work.

This is where the horribleness began. I've been on the pill for a month & a half and another birth control pill called norethindrone to thin out my uterine lining so there would be good visibility. Apparently neither of these really worked for me. I watched on the screen as she maneuvered this torture device at about 100 different angles trying to get into my right Fallopian tube feeling every bit of the stabbing pain. After about 30 minutes she gave up on that side and moved to the other side which might have taken 5 minutes. Thank God because at this point I was trying to hold back the tears. What worried me the most was when the rep said that maybe I should come back after my next period. All I could think was please just make this work now because I don't think I could go through this twice. He also suggested she cut the tissue that was in the way of the camera but I don't think she wanted to do that.

She went back to the right side and minutes later she'd gotten past the floating tissue and inserted the coil (the tissue was "floating" because of the saline). Did I mention that you also feel this coil being screwed into your tube? Every agonizing twist made me want to cry out. Afterwards I just laid there shaking unable to move. After 5 minutes the nurse came back in and asked if I was ready to get dressed and I told her I couldn't move yet. My insides were spasming so bad that I was barely breathing because each breath hurt.

I finally got the courage to stand and when I did blood dripped to the floor. I put on the pad and my clothes and just leaned against the bed until I felt like I could walk without passing out. I was pretty out of it by this time but I don't think it was the drugs but the pain. This procedure was supposed to last 5 - 15 minutes and mine had taken an hour. This is the amount of time the hysteroscope was inside me. As I came into the hall the dr. asked if I thought I'd need something stronger for the pain and of course I said yes. She also said she'd never seen the lining so thick after taking the pill for so long, especially 2 of them. Honestly, I didn't care. I didn't want her apologies, I just wanted to be in my bed. The nurse took me to the car while my mom got the aftercare instructions and prescription. I must've looked awful because she asked at least a dozen times if I was okay.

I've been bleeding non-stop since and think this will probably be the case for several more days. I'm taking oxycodone and ibuprofen every 4 - 5 hours because I'm afraid if I skip a dose I'll feel all that pain again. I plan to stay on the pain meds until I go back to work Monday morning. I've barely been out of the bed since. My dog started making that gross I'm going to throw up noise earlier so I half ran into the kitchen earlier to let him outside and it made the bleeding and pain worse.

After all this I don't really regret it. I still feel like getting my tubes tied would've been worse. I didn't want to go through 2 surgeries in 2 months. At least with the upcoming TT I will be blissfully unaware of what is happening. I made a comment earlier that this would probably be nothing compared to the TT pain, now I wish I'd kept my mouth shut!

This must be a little taste of what's to come

I'm still stuck on my couch. Every time I move the cramps start and I bleed a little more. The doctor called today and said the spasms should've subsided by now. Well, lady, they haven't. She said if it becomes unbearable to call her. I only took 2 percocet today so I know I'm improving, I just didn't expect this at all. It's completely different from any other review I've read. Even the bad reviews. I'm beginning to wonder if this just might be the worst period of my entire life and since my cervix was opened my internal girly parts are going haywire, not to mention the introduction of a foreign object in there. If that's the case, it has to get better, right??? I've learned the downside of taking painkillers, the constipation has kicked in. No bathroom trip since Friday and then it wasn't much either. I figured it was nerves. Drinking lots of water, taking fiber and a stool softener and waiting... I hope my boss isn't too upset with me. I'm taking off the end of October and then there's this unexpected mess. Maybe the saving grace will be that she's coming back from Mexico today so hopefully she will be happy and well-rested and not annoyed.

IBS will be the death of me!

The pain from the Essure finally resolved itself Saturday. I went back to work Friday but was in so much pain I didn't think I'd make it. When I got home, I went straight to bed. Boy, was it a rough week! Then, Saturday there was just homework to do with an occasional pain here and there. I figure it's my body adjusting to the foreign object. By the way, I'm working on finishing my accounting degree. I found it pretty difficult to concentrate while on the percocet so expect to get a little behind after surgery. This term is over next week and then a week off, and then I start again. Luckily, I'll be at the beginning of the semester on surgery day.

Taking percocet has kicked my IBS w/ constipation into overdrive. I look like a pregnant lady! Ugh! How am I going to get through surgery and not bust my stitches if this happens then? I haven't been able to resolve the issue myself so I went to see my family doctor. First, he took xrays to rule out obstruction. Thank goodness there were none. I'm now taking Miralax 6 times a day tomorrow, and then decrease as symptoms improve. I hope things improve soon. I'm miserable and none of my clothes fit. Stupid digestive system. ;)

Worst Pics Yet

This is what I look like now. :( Started Miralax today. 2 doses so far. Hopefully the 6 tomorrow will do the trick and a gallon of water.

Acupuncture is my savior!

Wednesday was my first acupuncture visit. I didn't know what to expect as I know so little about Chinese medicine. Disappointingly, she told me Essure is blocking my energy since it is a literal blockage. There's nothing I can do about that so we moved on. She told me I have a weak digestive system with a cold stomach. The weak digestive system is obvious but the cold stomach not so much but all the symptoms don't lie. Mostly, I have to warm my stomach to strengthen the digestion, so no cold foods and no raw veggies. I didn't think to ask about fruits but I'm sure it's the same. The no raw foods make since b/c there is literally undigested food in the toilet when I do go. Sorry if that's TMI. She said the handful of supplements I'm taking daily are all good for the IBS, leaky gut syndrome, and adrenal fatigue so that's a positive. She added another supplement, too, but I haven't had the chance to really research it yet. The most important of all this is that I'm feeling so much better. I started going to the bathroom that night and have been going regularly since. I'm a believer! I've ordered a book, Voices of Qi, recommended by her to learn a little more. I have to admit I was skeptical but I can't argue with results. I have another appt next Tuesday for the same thing and the following Tuesday before the surgery for a special appointment that is just to help with healing. Anything to speed up healing, right? Wednesday night I even had a dream that I had surgery and went back to work the next day. Funny, right? How fabulous if only we could heal so fast. Twelve days to go! I can't believe it!

Pre-op is finally here

I have my list of lingering questions, then I'm all set. I need to get a granny gown and granny panties and I think I'm good. I'm not even nervous anymore just waiting for next Wednesday. I never thought I'd be so calm about it all.

Pre-op worries

After getting Essure I went back on the pill which is a very bad thing before surgery since the pill causes blood clots. My first reaction when the PS asked me to stop taking it was "No!", I've just gotten my period back on track but as I thought about it more I stopped taking it. I'd much rather have my period than a blood clot. My hubby has to give me injections in my tummy for 5 consecutive days after -- at least I won't feel the prick. It's funny, hubby says he has no problem sticking me but he's very worried about dealing with the drains. I think they gross him out a little. I don't blame him, they are pretty gross. I guess while we're in surgery they are training our caregivers.

The nurse told me most of my pain will be from lipo which I hadn't really considered before. I was too focused on TT pain. I have all my prescriptions except the blood thinners and Emend. The Emend pill is $90 and I'm wondering should I do that. They also gave me a prescription for Phenergan, isn't that enough? Any thoughts?

I remembered to ask about seeing his TT before and after pics. They were great. I asked him about my belly button b/c I've seen way too many weird looking belly buttons on this site. He says he does a diamond shape and after seeing what he meant I think I will be very happy with my belly button.

The nurse told me not to worry if my pubic area turns purple. What??? Apparently the blood tends to settle there. I can't think of anything else right now. I'm starting the house cleaning tomorrow and then tomorrow night we're going to a corn maze. I want to get out this weekend while the weather is perfect, a sunny 70 degrees here in North Georgia. I still have grocery shopping to do and get caught up on my homework. Intermediate Accounting 3 & Organizational Behavior. Hmmm.... I wonder how I will retain the info on Percocet. Ha, ha. Maybe my accounting textbook will distract me from pain. Hope all you lovely ladies have a wonderful weekend.

Almost there!

Work is completely stressing me out. I'm so worried I'm not going to finish all that needs to be done. My boss really screwed up my schedule last week adding some things and then saying, "Oh, is your surgery next week?" Really? Ugh! So I'm scrambling around trying to get it all done. I went and bought a granny gown today and granny panties but when I took them out of the package they were way too big so back to the store I go tomorrow. I bought some new comfy slippers. Needed those anyway. I have to make a trip to the pharmacy tomorrow. They had to order Emend, go to the nail salon to get my manicure removed on my left index finger (not sacrificing the whole thing!), an appt with the acupuncturist at lunch, and back to the store to change out the granny panties. Hubby is going to put the hospital bed together tomorrow while I'm at work. Oh, I also need to go to the grocery store. Oh, I'm so out of time.

I made it!

Two days post op as of today and just now have the energy to get on the computer. Wow, I am really wiped out. I only have one pic to post for now but will post more soon. Swelling has started today. That's really my only complaint. Everything else is pretty normal - the pain, no BM yet, and feeling completely helpless. I had my first follow up appt yesterday. That was pretty hard. Getting out of the house so soon. He said everything went perfectly and thinks I will have a really nice shape. I am soooooo thankful he doesn't believe in binders and all that mess. I think those just cause unnecessary pain. Like we're not in enough already. I also received a really nice surprise yesterday afternoon. The PS sent me flowers. How sweet was that?

This itching is driving me crazy!!!

All you newly flat ladies out there, are u itching too? It's mostly in the lipo areas and around my belly button. Took some Benedryl earlier but I wasn't expecting this so soon. Swelling in the lipo areas is crazy. Most of my pain today is in my lower back and above belly button. The incision doesn't even hurt. I'm taking percocet every 4 hours and muscle relaxer every 8. Took a shower today and hubby washed my hair. Felt amazing. I'm going to owe him many favors after this. I still can't walk without help and I'm worried since he'll be going out of town again Monday. I think I'll have my mom come over then. Still no BM. Taking colace and an herbal laxative. Haven't had enough fluids today. Gotta stay on top of that. Couldn't post some of the other pics. Will have to do that from my laptop. Happy healing!

New pics

This is what I'm hoping the TT scar will eventually look like. I didn't expect my scar to be so long but as long as it's under my panties, who cares, right? I'm also attaching more pics from today. I'm very swollen in my hips and inner thighs. I think that the numbing meds have worn off, too b/c I'm super tight today in my upper abdomen. I need to cough but haven't figured out how to do it without crying. Had my husband hold a pillow really tight around me and tried but

My first BM and I thought I would die

Last night I felt like I had to go to the bathroom so I went and a little came out. Very firm and small. I still felt like I needed to go but waited a little bit because I didn't want to do too much straining. When I went back my journey into hell began. I passed some more small dry stool but then a huge piece was stuck and wouldn't come out. I tried to get an enema in there to help push it out but it was so big it wouldn't fit. I tried sitting in the shower to let the warm water wash over my backside to see if that would help. Nothing. By this time an hour had passed and I was crying and praying. I called my hubby in to let him know if I couldn't get this out he had to take me to the ER. Finally I just fished it out myself. It was hard because at this point you really shouldn't be twisting but I really didn't think I could make it to the hospital. I think that was probably the most disgusting, horrible, painful thing I've ever had to do. The worst part is that I've been doing everything right, drinking tons of water, juices, colace, Miralax and it still doesn't help. I've upped the colace to 3 times a day and of course drinking til my eyeballs float. I feel like this pushed me way back. My drains filled right up with all that trauma to my insides and I'm still taking my pain meds every 4 hrs on the dot. I'm super swollen in my hips to the point that I hope I don't get new stretch marks. Wouldn't that just suck after all this? I'll take new pics tomorrow after my shower, today I feel too tired to do much of anything. Hope everyone else is healing nicely.


Don't know what's wrong with me tonight but I can't sleep. I can't get comfortable. Upper tummy hurts, lower back is fatigued, my hips are so swollen they fill like they will burst, too hot so I had to crank up the a/c, dog woke up so I had to let him out, ugh... And the cat has decided I need company so he's happily purring by my side. Too tired to watch TV but the house is too quiet without it. Oh, I'm just a whiner tonight. Hope this percocet kicks in soon.

New pics day 6

I'm just hoping I don't get new stretch marks from being so swollen.


Last night was the worst. I felt abandoned by my hubby and my daughter (12) was giving me attitude every time I'd ask her to do something, and my poor mom is running back and forth between her house and mine and the tears just came. And flowed, and flowed. It was awful. I feel like a burden to everyone. The dog down the street is in heat and the one dog I have that is un-neutered is going crazy to get to her. He's getting snipped as soon as I can get out of this house. Pain in my rear!!! It was after 1 again before I could sleep. My booty is permanently numb from the hospital bed and is now starting to feel bruised. I'm going to try to sleep in my glorious sleep number bed tonight. That's when I'm glad hubby is gone so he doesn't accidentally hurt me in my own bed. Called the PS again today b/c the swelling in my hips is slowly increasing and are hot to the touch, especially the left side. He says I probably have a hematoma and will look at it tomorrow at my appt. I'm hoping he'll take out the drains. They are down to about 40mL total in each one. I think it might be too soon, though. He didn't tell me what they need to be at or if he did I don't remember through the med fog. I just need relief in my hips. They feel as if they will burst. My tummy is tight but my hips are way beyond that. PS also put me on another round of antibiotics for 7 more days. And of course I'm out of my probiotics so who knows what 2 rounds of antibiotics is doing to my digestive system which is in a constant state of turmoil. Ok, so today is my bitch about everything day. Tomorrow will be better. At least I can get out of the house for a bit.

One week check up

I got up feeling so much better. I'm not sure if it was just because I was finally getting out of the house or because I was going to see the Dr. to get my questions answered. I slept in my bed from about 11 pm - 4:30 am, then I woke up with major lower back pain. My left hip wasn't as tight and swollen. The Dr. told me it was because the hematoma had corrected itself and the fluid had a chance to flow instead of settling in my hips. I guess b/c I was lying down flatter in my bed instead of the hospital bed. Most of my hip swelling is the fluid not having a chance to get to the drains from laying down so I have to massage forward from back to tummy to try to get the fluid out. That is very difficult b/c it's such a sore area with the bruising and stitches. I'm trying to do it as often as I think of it. Because of this I get to keep the drains for one more week. Yippee. Please note the sarcasm. By the way ladies, how have you hidden your drains in business attire? I am in accounting and can't imagine them just dangling as I greet clients. Can you imagine the looks I'd get? Ha, ha. I go back to work Monday so I have to figure out something before then. Meanwhile, Dr. says everything else looks good and is healing well. Couldn't ask for better diagnosis.

Halloween kicked my booty!

I was having a pretty good day today as far as pain goes. Only took 2 painkillers all day. Called the PS to get a refill of muscle relaxer but they are closed until Monday. Didn't realize Halloween was a holiday. Ha, ha. I have 2 of those left now and will save them for bedtime. Then I was alone for trick-or-treating. There were about 20 - 30 kids (so sad, I love Halloween) and that meant getting up and out of the chair at least 10 times. I'm not hurting but I'm all cramped up. Muscles are so tight I can barely stand. In bed now waiting for the meds to kick in. Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! Cheers to new sexy costumes next year!!!!

2 Weeks Post Op Appt

Can I just say that I love my plastic surgeon? He's so great. He doesn't have an ego at all and introduced himself to my hubby as DJ instead of Dr. Campbell. He came out to the waiting room to greet me and asked if I still hated him. Ha, ha. He said he did a mini TT on his wife last Wednesday and she only just likes him again. I didn't realize you could operate on your own wife. I said it's funny that we'd say we hate him (I didn't by the way) when we chose to do this to ourselves. Last appt he told me after surgery his wife said he broke her vagina. I guess he forgot to warn her how swollen and purple it gets. It's funny how the first thing we do is drop our pants when we see the PS. I never would've shown anyone my tummy this way. I did everything to hide it. We talked about all the swelling I'm having. He said it's normal and decided to leave one drain in so I don't get a seroma. My upper stomach is poofy. Not sure how else to describe it. He said that if it doesn't go down to my satisfaction that he will do lipo again in that area without anesthesia. I guess he just numbs it, does the procedure, and I'm good to go. Honestly, I can't tell yet b/c I'm swollen all day every day. It's less in the morning but not enough to judge whether I should do that or not. He said that you can't be aggressive w/ lipo in that area because it prohibits the incision from healing. I'm not excited to get lipo again because my inner thighs and hips hurt way more than the tummy tuck. He said the scar is healing nicely but not to put anything on it until the scabs fall off. The nurse told me to save my money on scar treatments and get a good quality lotion and massage it. I love that they aren't always trying to upsell their products although I do love my lotions and potions. I'm a sucker for products. I'll usually try anything once. The nurse also took the stitches out of my belly button. It bled a lot and I can't really tell much about it yet. She showed me her belly button which is practically perfect where he did a hernia repair. I also like that he has operated on a lot of the women in his office and they all love him and rave about his work. It makes you feel so much more comfortable. By the way, when she pulled out the drain I barely felt it at all. She put gauze over it because it leaked a little but by about 8 tonight it was already closed. I was surprised that it closed that quickly. I have another appt. next week to hopefully get this other drain out. He says if it goes down to 20 cc's per day I can drop by anytime and any of the nurses can remove it for me. I'm feeling better today. Definitely not 100% but not next to tears in pain. I'm taking a half percocet at breakfast and lunch, and a whole one at night. I'm also taking 2 muscle relaxers per day. I'm trying to be patient but that is so hard for me. Probably what I'm the worst at. I'm only 2 weeks out and apparently have several more weeks before I feel even close to normal. So here I am in my stretchy pants waiting for the day when I can feel sexy and beautiful again.

Feeling more normal each day

Today was the best day at work yet. I didn't need any painkillers and only took 1 muscle relaxer. I still walk slower than usual but I'm almost completely upright. Hopefully, this is the start of feeling normal again. All of you CG wearers you were right! They really do help w/ swelling but I still hate it. They are suffocating! I have one from Soma. My absolute favorite place to buy bras, undies, and PJ's. They are the panty-type that come up to my boobs with silicone on the edges so there's no panty line and they don't ride up. I think I need to find the shorts type. It's very painful to pull it up over my hips which are still very tender. When does that go away by the way? It'll be 3 weeks Wednesday and the lipo areas are still very bruised. Not a bruise you can see but tender and painful to the touch. Makes trying to massage those areas tricky. I've read here that Skinny Girl products are better than Spanx. What are your favorites that don't ride up or roll down your belly and that don't show panty lines? The best part of today. Hubby is home!!! Haven't seen him in 2 weeks. I'm a little nervous about what he will say. He hasn't seen me sorta normal. Last time he was here I could barely move and steri strips were still on. I'll get him or 12 yr old to take pics tomorrow. I have homework tonight but haven't posted any in a while so I'm due. Happy healing!

Skinny!!! Who??? Me???

That's what my hubby called me when he saw me for the first time in 2 weeks. He actually said, wow, you're so skinny. I haven't been called that in at least 15 years so that made me smile. And the lovely bundle of flowers. Hubby never gives me flowers so I was very happy with him. Must be his apology for leaving me when I was at my worst. At least my mom was here to take over. Maybe I should send her flowers. Hmmm.... Anyway, took pics tonight. My body is still a work in progress. I have swelling in my hips, thighs, and tummy, and I have a lot of toning to do when I'm well. I like the shape of my booty but it needs more definition. The bad part of taking update pics is that you get to critique every part of your body. At the same time I'm more aware of what needs work. I'm excited to see what happens over the next few weeks. How much is really swelling and how much is extra weight that I need to burn off? You know what else I noticed in the pics? I need some sexy underwear! Ha, ha. I was actually trying to match panties and bras and that was a joke so my next purchase will be lingerie. What fun that I can actually look forward to that? Never did I want to do that before. I'm still wearing my Soma torture device at work. I strip out of it as soon as I get home, though. It's so freeing. I still have weird pains whenever I twist too much or try to get comfy in bed. I also have random numb spots in the lipo areas. I've been gently massaging those areas. I still have a few small scabs so I've done nothing to the scar yet. I have a pretty big scab still inside my belly button and it's red around the edges. I think that's where the stitches had grown into my skin a little. Tomorrow is my 3 week post op visit so this drain should be finally coming out. I'm so sick of it. It's always sore in that area. I'm just over drains. LOL. I can't think of anything else to report at this point but I'm sure I'll have updates tomorrow after my appt. Happy healing, all.

3 Weeks Post Op Appt

Previous post was from last night. Couldn't get it to load for some reason. Had another post op today. PS says everything is healing just as it should. He told me to be patient with the swelling that probably will not subside until month 3. Since the scab has fallen off he gave me steri strips to put on to make sure the incision stays as thin as possible. I'm going to lay down flat tonight and have hubby do that for me. I think it'll be best that way. He'll be able to see better than me. Those should stay on for up to 2 weeks and then I'll put on the silicone strips and start massaging. I go back to see him the week after Thanksgiving. Oh, yeah. Something else that's exciting... My weight. Before surgery it was 159 and this morning it was 151. Happy to see that and hope to see it decreasing more and more. I wish I could get some exercise to excel the process but I have the rest of my life for exercise and for now I'm focused on healing. My downfall is the leftover Halloween candy. Ugh. PMS gives me such horrible sugar cravings -- that was the weekend and beginning of the week. I'm working on it but have my weak moments and indulge w/ snickers and reece's cups. I have got to get this sugar out of my house before I gain back all those pounds. Off to work on accounting homework. Happy healing all!
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

I had the consultation with Dr. Campbell last week. Gosh, I was so nervous. My gynecologist referred him so that made me feel a little better. He was so nice, put me right at ease. The best part is when he left the room so the nurse could take before pics she said how much she loved her TT and lipo that he performed. I guess I can relax a little knowing she trusted him enough to let him perform the surgery and she continued to work for him.

Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful