Excited to Move Forward. Fresno, CA

I've been researching, planning, and waiting on...

I've been researching, planning, and waiting on the opportunity to have a Mommy Makeover for about ten years now. Circumstances just wouldn't allow it before now, and even now I have to wait several more months.

I've set the date for several months from now because I plan to pay cash. If I can't save up cash for the whole thing, I will just have the tummy tuck at that time, and schedule the rest for a later date. For just the tummy tuck, I'll need to save up $8,450. My budget will be very tight for the next nine months, but I'm okay with that. I'm excited for the final outcome.

Changed to TT & Lipo

I couldn't swing the cost of the fully mommy makeover, so I opted for a tummy tuck and liposuction. New cost: $8000. I have credit issues, but I got a loan from Lending Club for $6500, and paid the rest myself. I also changed the date of the surgery, so now my procedure is a month away! I went to my regular doctor to get clearance for surgery, and have to go back for an ekg. Crossing my fingers that everything is good to go. I'm nervous and excited!

I've read through lots of reviews looking for...

I've read through lots of reviews looking for women with body types like mine, so I'll make it easy for others and start with that. I'm 5'4" tall, about 195-200 pounds (depending on the day and the alignment of the planets or something), and my measurements are 44, 43, 46. Not exactly a brick house; definitely a big ol' rectangle. I have droopy boobs, a flabby belly, and that hangy-over part I've come to learn is a pannus. When I'm feeling brave, I'll post a "before" picture.

What none of that tells you is that I also have a happy spirit, a joy for living, a wonderful family, and all the blessings I could hope for.
I don't think my life will change from this surgery. I'm not seeking out a new me, or trying to get back the old me. I rather like the current me. I've gone through a lot to get to this me.
However, this me is sick and tired of clothes not fitting right and the occasional well-meaning person asking when my baby is due. I also consider myself sexy, but I sure don't feel that way when I look in the mirror.
So, here I am, with four weeks to go before I go under the knife. I'm in the process of getting clearance from my regular doctor. I'm type 2 diabetic, so I have to do some additional tests. The final one is on Monday. I'm crossing my fingers
Is there anybody out there whose story is similar to mine?

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

I had my first consultation with Dr. Knoetgen of Beautologie Surgery Center a few days ago, and liked him quite a bit. The staff at Beautologie is pretty amazing. I had a few phone calls before the consultation and a lot of questions. They've been very helpful and never got put out by me asking so many questions. I hate when you ask someone a question on the phone and the only answer you get is "we'll go over that at your appointment." Instead, they answered my questions the best they could, found the information for me, and then said "you'll talk more with so-and-so at your appointment and she'll have more information, too." I was so pleased with the service, the before and after pictures of other patients, and other aspects of the doctor and center that I decided to cancel my scheduled consultation with another doctor, paid a down payment, and scheduled a surgery date.