61 Year Old Former Medical Assistant and Fashion Model. Mother of 3 Grown Children - Framingham, MA

My migraines started at age 13. I have suffered...

My migraines started at age 13. I have suffered many years of severe headaches and migraines. The headaches were a daily things for me. It became very wearing on me. It was difficult to concentrate or focus on anything. I have seen many doctors for this with no avail. I was put on many different medications for this that was short lived and only slightly helpful. I have been to pain clinics and did biofeedback for the pain. After many years of trying to get some relief I finally decided there was no help for me. I finally decided I could do no more for these painful headaches and just suffered with them till Botox came along. 3 years ago I was reading about a research study about botox for people who had 5 or more headaches a week. I talked to my doctor about this. He put in a claim to the insurance co. for if and It was denied because the fda had not approved it yet. Then after 2 more years later the fda approved it and I got my first treatment. I had my first treatment with botox injections. All 32 of them . It worked. I was finally migraine free for the first time in 53 years of suffering. I did have one bad side effect from it early on. My neck became so week from the botox that I could barley hold my head up. It was a severe side effect and very scary . Finally after 2 months of this the botox wore off and I was able to hold my head up properly. Now every 3 months I get botox treatments in the head neck and upper back I am finally enjoying life with very few headaches. The injections are stressful to go through but is definitely worth It .Due to that serious side effect. the doctor no longer injects that muscle in the back of my neck and I have had problems with it since. I feel I am finally free of headaches all the time now. What a great feeling!

61 year old former Medical assistant and Fashion Model, Mother of 3 grown children.

Dr. Tomo Sakai

Dr Sakai is a a wonderful doctor he is very caring . He listens to me and is never in a rush. He knows a lot about pain relief and how to help his patients with it.