36 Year Old Female Scheduled for Gastric Bypass - Fountain Valley, CA

Hi everyone, I hear a lot of good stuff about the...

Hi everyone, I hear a lot of good stuff about the surgery and I hear a lot of bad stuff about the surgery. I noticed many people have complications afterward. My surgery is on the 19th of this month and I want to hear some good stories. My surgeon is dr. Michael Russo in Fountain Valley. His experience is only 5 years but I've only seen a couple reviews about him so if anyone knows any more about him, I would love to hear. Please share with me your experience so far even if you haven't had the surgery yet. I will post my journey process to share with you guys. So far, I started my journey 2 months ago. I did the doctors talk, went to a couple meetings, therapist appointment and my one-on-one with my surgeon. I was not required to Diet for a certain amount of time. I'm pretty nervous especially with reading different kinds of reviews. I am very excited as well to change my life for the better. I have 3 kids and I am a single mom and have always been overweight. Right now I weigh 244 pounds and hope to at least lose 100. I'm on my iron, multi-vitamin, vitamin B tabs as requested. My issue is I love to eat and I crave food all the time. Did anyone have this issue and how did you overcome it after surgery? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

One more week til surgery!!

So tomorrow I have my upper GI and EKG. One more week till surgery. I am currently taking my vitamins and trying out some protein shakes. I'm determined, let's do this!! :)

Post Op

Well, I had my surgery April 19th and went home the next day. I'm pretty sore and adjusting to the liquid diet is difficult for me. I'm still hungry after my jello, broth or pudding. I added some strawberry whey protein to a little bit of milk and it was pretty tasty. If any one can give me tips that helped them, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm hanging in there and will update more soon. :)

ER visit....Reality check!

So I wasn't drinking as much water as I should have been and then I couldn't catch up. So I became very dizzy and had shortness of breath for the last few days and they were getting worse so I went to the ER. They gave me fluids through IV, chest x-ray, CT, checked my blood, EKG. I had also tripped and fell over my Sons toy a few days ago and I thought I hurt my insides so they checked everything and it all came back normal. Thank God! Was just dehydrated. So a little reality check to make sure I stay on top of my daily water intake so this doesn't happen again. Very Important! I have never been a really big water drinker but things have changed and this is a whole new life. :)

Ouch!!!

Okay while I was sipping my water, I swallowed wrong or it went down the wrong pipe or whatever but it made me start coughing really bad and I have never felt pain like that in my life. It is still sore. Just be extra careful and do anything you can not to make yourself cough.

Oh and here are a few pictures

10 days post op

So most of the soreness has gone away. I was having a lot of trouble with being dizzy but has gotten better when the doctor prescribed me something. My other issue is always being hungry, can anyone help with that? I don't want to fail, I really want this. I have lost 10 lbs already tho. :)
Orange County Bariatric Surgeon

He Seems very nice and very professional. He was happy to answer any questions that I had and volunteered more information that was helpful to me. He has made me feel comfortable so far.