Very Nervous About Blue Peel Tomorrow - Fountain Hills, AZ

I am getting very nervous about the blue peel...

I am getting very nervous about the blue peel tomorrow. Not so much about adverse reactions, etc. More about the pain and tolerating it enough to make it worth it. I have had years of sun damage and even a stage 1 melenoma, so I have been pro active about suncare etc for the last 10 years. Anyone who has had it done, give me suggestions and could give me words of encouragement, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I did it a few hours ago and wasn't near as bad as I anticipated!

My Dr prescribed a valium and a pain pill prior. She was able to go over 3 times and felt that was enough. It was definitely tolerable. On a scale of 1 to 10-never worse than 7 in a few spots. I had e-matrix done a few years ago and pain was MUCH worse (and no noticable results). I am hoping this will help with my sun damage as well as fine lines. My worst area was the left side of my face (from driving over the years) and my D├ęcolletage. I have posted before and right after. I will continue to post each day through the healing process.

2nd day after blue peel

My face feels very tight and especially my neck and chest. NO pain, itching or peeling yet. I have been washing twice a day with cetephil mild cleanser. I have been using a mix of 2.5% hydrocortisone cream and preperation H! Then coat with vaseline and spf 50 sunscreen (even though I am inside) The blue has faded only a little. The hardest thing is not being able to go anywhere because of how weird I look! If it were Halloween this week, I could go as a "SMURF".

Day 3, peeling!

The blue is just about gone. The peeling started and the hardest part is to keep my hands off my face. I think I will be able to go out tomorrow without drawing too much attention.

Day 4-Massive peeling and dryness

Peeling is intense and skin is super dry where it hasn't peeled yet. I went out today with a turtleneck on and baseball hat. Dead skin is everywhere! I have been using aquaphor but looks like I still have several days of peeling to go as it hasn't started on my chest yet.

Day 5-still peeling

The peeling is almost done, unfortunately being a picker I tried very hard not to touch but when you have dead skin hanging its hard not to! Therefore, I have some redness. I bought an antibiotic cream and I am still using aquaphor. I am hoping tomorrow I'll be able to go out without a hat. I may try some light mineral makeup to help with the redness. Anticipating next few days and seeing my new skin.

Day 6-peeling is almost done

Here are pictures of all areas that had the blue peel. I still have peeling on the sides of my face and neck . I am VERY happy with results so far. Fine lines, dark spots are greatly improved. I wore mineral makeup today and covered the red areas that are still healing.

Day 7-still peeling and dryness

Overall very pleased. Got rid of brown spots and fine wrinkles. I will probably do again in a few months, Just make sure you do not need to go anywhere for at least a week!

Day 8

Peeling is pretty much done. Skin is still dry. I have been using the Eucerin soothing repair as the aquaphor was making me break out. Also I bought the elizabeth Arden 8 hr sunscreen 50 with moisturizer. Non irritating and very creamy. I also bought the physicians formula mineral foundation ($10) and LOVE this product. I typically use chanel or armani foundation but read after chemical peels best to use mineral products, so I picked this up at CVS and will continue to use. I will start at separate post for my upcoming necklift and upper eyelid surgery ..... 3 weeks from today! FYI...I almost did the blue peel while I was under and now so glad I didn't as it would have cost 3x as much and didn't need the anesthesia.
Dr Jyoti Patel

I love my Dr. She is my internist as well as having a medispa. I have done botox and filler and have been very pleased with my results. Never overdone and very natural.