Obagi Skin Care System: Does It Work?

my doctor sells Obagi system and claims it is just what I should use on my face.  Can some other expert tell me if Obagi products will help my skin, and how?

Obagi Skin Care system works well

+6

Obagi Skin Care system works very well. It is very effective in correcting pigment issues, laxity of the skin, lines, wrinkles, pore size as well as over all quality of the skin. Excellent to precondition the skin prior to surgical and nonsurgical procedures and enhance the results of Botox or fillers.

Web reference: http://drturowski.com/chemical-peels-chicago.html

Obagi Skin Care System Benefits

+6

The Obagi Skin Health System has been used successfully in millions of patients over the last two decades. The primary goals of treatment include the following:

• Correction of fine lines
  • Restoration of skin complexion
  • Correction of melasma (hyperpigmentation related to hormones or the sun).
  • Production of dermal collagen

The treatment protocol is generally four to five months with a definitive correction in fine lines, complexion, and melasma depending on the length of treatment and the aggressiveness of the treatment protocol.

Having worked directly with Dr. Zein Obagi in his office, I have been an advocate of a more aggressive protocol to correct severe wrinkling and pigmentation associated with chronic sun damage. The system has definite benefits and can work synergistically with other facial surgeries, including facelifts, blepharoplasties, neck lifts, and other lasers including Fraxel Laer and CO2 Laser.

I would recommend beginning the Nuderm system if you are looking for a definitive correction of skin quality. The benefits are most noticeable before major plastic surgery in order to redefine and improve skin tone and quality.

The Obagi company has several product lines, the most popular "kit" targets unwanted pigmentation

+5

If your goal is the even out the color of your skin by lighening up brown spots or melasma (pigmentation due to birth control pills or pregnancy), you are likely to have benefit from this program. The kit includes a very protective sunscreen, as well as prescription strength skin lighteners. While these agents can be purchased separately, the step by step "kit", in my experience, increases the likelihood that patients will stick to the program which is the key to success with any treatment.

Torrance Dermatologist

Obagi Effectiveness

+2

Our experience with the Obagi skin care system is generally positive. However, many patients can benefit from a scaled down system.  We call the combination of clear (#3), blender (#5), and Retin A the "Core" System, and we can charge about 1/2 of what the whole system goes for.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.