In my 50's and going for the new Boobies! - Fort Worth, TX

Hello, I am 56 years old and going for a consult...

Hello,
I am 56 years old and going for a consult on December the 6th for BA. I have always had a small bust but never really thought about doing anything about it. My children are grown and after my last bra shopping excursion I was so mad I thought I am just going to get me some boobs so I don't have this issue. So I started researching and then when I found this sight I became obsessed and didn't maybe I was crazy after all as I seen other ladies my age or so going for it also. It would be so awesome to be able to really look good in cloths with a curvy figure. The crazy thing that really made me want to do this was my husband of thirty years and I was on a cruise recently and I bought a long maxi dress that was very pretty but I just didn't fill it out at all. It was so disappointing and I just wanted to look as nice as I could for my husband but just felt so flat chested I wanted to cry. Women who have breasts just do not get it. My husband has never made me feel bad about being small chested in any way but you know how men are and their comments about big boobed women and sometimes it just really hurt my feelings. I of course would never let on like it did but still it did. But I want these girls for me so that I can feel more confidant about my body and my figure. I want to look down and see boobs not toes!!!! I am hoping for just implants and no lift but we shall see what the doc says. I have a fairly broad chest and I am not petite, I am five foot six inches and fairly large boned. I have recently lost some weight and I am within about eight pounds of my goal. I have always tried to keep at a good weight but have gained and lost the same 25 lbs a few times but not a huge amount. Most of the stats I see for my height and weight with a fairly wide chest seem to be getting 500 or 600 cc implants. I tried the ricers for 400 and they didnt really look much bigger so we shall see what the doc says. I will attach a photo of my before not much to see. Wish me luck at my consult. Anyone that wants to chime in with some advice please do so!

Here are some of my wish boobs

I have found these pics on this sight I call them my wish boobs.

Went for my consult yesterday

Well Iwent for my consult yesterday and it went really well. I loved the Doctor he is awesome answered all my questions and made me feel very comfortable the whole time. He measured me and I do have a broad chest as I knew all along so I tried on lots of implants. He suggested the high profile since I have a broad chest and the 450 475 looked really nice. I had no idea one was bigger than the other and was way lower too. I couldn't tell but I am not a boob artist haha. I do need a lift for the petosis but he thought an areola lift would do the trick. I know they recommend several consults but wow we connected and we're on the same page the whole time. My husband lived hI'm too thought he was very knowledgeable but down to earth. I am taking care of my sick father right now so I did not get it scheduled but as soon as I get him on track I will. Until then I shall keep reading realself stories and be inspired and waiting for my turn at beautiful breasts!

Just wondering about an EKG

Just wondering how many of you ladies were required to get a EKG before your surgery? I really had not seen this mentioned but my doc says I need one. I have no prior heart issues but on the questionnaire where it asks about parent history my dad had a heart attack so I wonder if that is why or because I am over 50? Anyone else have their doc ask for this, just curious?

Had to postpone BA ugh

Well I had to postpone my procedure. I have a family issue that needs my attention right now and I just cannot be out of commission. So I will just have to be patient and read everyone else's journey till it us my turn.

Still waiting

Well I am still waiting to schedule my BA dealing with family matters still so I read all you ladies stories and get excited for my boobies day. One question I have for you ladies that have had the areola lift, how long would you say that takes for that nipple to heel up and look normal again?

Boobies day booked!

Well I started this journey quite a while back and had a family matter come up and had to put it on hold, well that issue is resolved for now and I have my date booked for June 15th. Now to keep calm and not be the worry wart I tend be.

Pre op done booked and paid for !

Went to preop this week and finally decided on 450/475 mentor round high profile. June 15th us boob day. I have always been small breastfed so I am excited and nervous at the same time. I pray all goes well and have good results especially since I am in my 50s.

Two more sleeps till Boobies day

Two more days and I will have to admit my nerves have gotten the best of me. I need to just stop thinking about it but I guess I have read ine too many horror stories and every time I have ever been put under I get very nauseated and throw up, so that has me a bit worried too. My doc is having me use a patch to hopefully help wit that. I am not sure I will check in first day but hopefully the next. I want to share this as there are not that many reviews of ladies in their 50s so any way I can help I will. Wish me luck!

It's Done

Surgery was at 8 am
Been a bit rough today will update when I feel better.

Day 1 post op.

Well just a quick update, my surgery was yesterday. I had to be there at 7 ,they got me all ready to go The hubs came and gave me a much needed kiss and hug and wheeled me in. It took aboit one hour and the recovery for aboit and hour and a half. I was in alot of pain when I woke up and took a pain pill right away hit that ride home was hell I could feel every bump in the road. They gave me the patch to use to help woth nausea and Zofran in the i.v. and thank God I did not throw up afterwards. I have been staying on top of the meds and relaxer pills so the pain has been manageable bit more painful than I thought. I guess when you have four insision it kind of smarts! I have been using ice packs and they help for sure. I get to shower tomorrow so I will snap some pictures when I take the bra off . This is a picture in the surgical bra. My doctor was awesome and so was the staff will add more aboit them in my final review

Day two postop

Well day two, got a shower today boy that feel good. I snapped a couple of pictures while the surgical bra was off. Loving them so far.

One week Post Op

Well today is one week post op and I am still alive and kicking. I didn't feel like I was making as much progress as alot of ladies on here but woke ip this morning feeling better, finally. Having to sleep upright in a recliner has been so hard on my back and have to until next week. Ugh!!!! I started to feel some better as I got off the powerful pain meds but I am still using the muscle relaxers and certain I will use them all. My girls are still hard as a rock so no change there. I am liking the size bit hard telling when they are bricks on your chest. Lots of itchy boobs and zinger pains and all the stuff I have been reading about for months. So it seems no matter what scenerio I have read when it is you experiencing it a total different ball game for sure. I am anxious for these girls to soften up and feel like real boobs. I never did get really constipated but day five I ate a nice large order of greasy french fries and that did the trick. Haha I will have to tell my doc to add that to the post op instructions. I will post a couple pictures this is one week. Hope all you ladies are doing well.

Two weeks post op today!

Well today is two weeks so I thought I would update, feelung human again still waiting for these girls to soften up and do some dropping. I am liking the way they look so far. Still very numb underneath by my insision but have full feeling in the nipples so that's good. I read that it can take up to a year for the nerves to regenerate and get feeling back. So I guess I won't worry yet. Finally sleeping better and just doing things around the house makes me feel better. Still under restrictions as I don't want to mess anythung up. Hope all you ladies are doing well.

Three weeks post op Stubborn girls

Well today is week three and I can't tell that they have softened or dropped much at all. Trying to be patient but grrr...... . I have pretty good movement in my arms now and I go back tomorrow to the doc, maybe the tapes will come off they are starting to loose the sticky so it won't be long. I am loving the size Thunk once they move down a bit and soften up I will love them more.

One Month post op

Well I just had my one month post op checkup with my surgeon . He said everything was looking great but implants still to high. He added downward massage to the stetching to try and get them down in the pocket.
Most of the pain is gone bit they still move weird and don't fully feel like my own yet bit I am sure once that muscle loosens up more then they will. I am loving the size. Seems so odd to have boobs and cleavage I can't get used to looking at them. They removed the tape and glue and a few popping stitches at this last appt. Ouchy. Started scar therapy too. My right is still some bigger than the left but hoping they will even oit when fully healed. My doctor is amazing and so glad I found him.

Six weeks post op and very pleased

Well today is my six weeks post op so I thought I would update for you ladies in your 50s. I think they are finally dropping into place. Doc has me doing downward massage and stretchs as they were still to high last appt. So it has helped to soften them also. The right is still a little hard so it has a ways to go. I have full sensation in my left nipple and some feeling in my right. My left under breast is still some numb but hopefully in time that will return. I am using the scar treatment and the nipples are heeled over pretty well. My next appt is next week so I am hoping he releases me for full body work outs. I am loving having these great boobs. The only weird thing is they move upward when I make certain movements like a peck flex. It is so weird and I hope that stops as it feels odd and a little uncomfortable. I will ask doc aboit that. Have any of you ladies experienced that? Over all though I am pleased as punch!

Doctor Vishnu Rumalla is an Excellent Doctor!!!!

I am writing this review if anyone is looking for a doctor in the Fort worth or Dallas area, this is the man you want! I was extremely nervous when I went for my consult and he could not of made me feel more at ease. It is not the easiest thing to discuss but I never felt embarrassed for one moment. He explained in detail what would be the best for me and my size chest and I am 57 years old so older than most of his patients but he did not make me feel old at all. He made a plan that I knew was specific for my needs. I was so nervous the day of surgery and he managed to calm my nerves and his staff is awesome. The girls that assist him are wonderful, answer all questions and just make you feel like family. The after care is unbelievable. He sees you the very next day then about four days after and then again once a week for about five weeks then again in a couple weeks. He takes very good care and always answers all your question. I would recommend him to any family member of mine and will be going back for eyelid surgery this fall. Hands down the nicest doctor I have ever been too!

10 weeks Post Op and loving them

Well ladies I am about 10 weeks post op and I am loving my new girls. I feel pretty much back to normal. I have a little stiffness left in the right breast but not too bad. I find getting back into the gym a bit of a struggle. I have been doing lower body since week 2 but as I try to get back into the weight resistance machines I can feel the implants moving. I hope this stops at some point it feels strange. I love the way they look in cloths, not huge but not flat chested either, a perfect balance. So ladies in your 50s it is not too late!

Three months post op and loving them!

Well I am now three months post op and am very pleased with my new girls. I would say they now feel like mine. I do still feel some strange movements when at the gym with upper chest exercise bit for the most part everything is good. My scars under my breast still remain red bit hopefully will fade at some point. I went from a 38b barely to a 38d. I still don't like underwire bras though. Still looking for a support bra woth no wire. Suggestions ladies?
Anyway I will post some pics.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

If you are looking for a doctor in the Fort worth or Dallas area, this is the man you want! I was extremely nervous when I went for my consult and he could not of made me feel more at ease. It is not the easiest thing to discuss but I never felt embarrassed for one moment. He explained in detail what would be the best for me and my size chest and I am 57 years old so older than most of his patients but he did not make me feel old at all. He made a plan that I knew was specific for my needs. I was so nervous the day of surgery and he managed to calm my nerves and his staff is awesome. The girls that assist him are wonderful, answer all questions and just make you feel like family. The after care is unbelievable. He sees you the very next day then about four days after and then again once a week for about five weeks then again in a couple weeks. He takes very good care and always answers all your question. I would recommend him to any family member of mine and will be going back for eyelid surgery this fall. Hands down the nicest doctor I have ever been too!