43 Years Old, 4 Kids, Breast Reduction - Fortitude Valley, AU

Hi everyone! I've finally had my breast reduction!...

Hi everyone! I've finally had my breast reduction! I've been wanting this since Ihad my first child at age 19. My surgeon was Dr Phil Richardson from Fortitude Valley, Qld. He is amazing! And all the staff who work alongside him, as well as the Pacific Day Surgery team, are wonderful too. The day of surgery I was made to feel calm and relaxed. The whole process ran smoothly and I felt great as soon as I awoke from the operation. Hardly any pain at all. I'm on day three of recovery now, and still feel great. I've been on Panadeine Forte, antibiotics, valium, coloxyl and I tried Endone to help with sleep last night. It worked really well. I'm propped up on 3 pillows in bed, and sleeping quite well surprisingly. My only pain is occasional tingling, slight aching, a tight feeling and maybe a little bruised. I had my drains removed on day two, and it's a little tender under my arms today but I guess that just means everything is healing properly. In summary, this experience is a whole lot better than I imagined, and I'd highly recommend it!

One week post op

I had my band/boobtube removed today, and also all the white surgical tape. I was also fitted for a bra that I will wear 24/7 for 6 weeks. I still have thin brown tape over my scars/sutures which will be changed weekly for 6 weeks.

Day 11 post op

I had a stitch removed yesterday after it worked it's way to the surface. I have to keep the tape off that spot for a few days until it closes up a bit. It's not infected though. I just bathe it in salt water twice a day and put a band aid over it. Apparently stitches coming to the surface is quite common. It's healing well though which is good.

I drove yesterday for the first time for 20 minutes all up, same today. Both times I went to the shops to walk around which was quite exhausting. Today I went for 3 hours and slept for an hour when I got home!

I've got two more weeks off. I'm a uni student, and when I return I'll be on fulltime placement so I hope I have more energy by then!

Day 11 post op pictures

Day 11 post op pictures

3 weeks post op

Today I'm 3 weeks post op. Still very tender and sensitive to touch. I'm getting more movement now the swelling is going down. Getting there!

5 weeks and 5 days post op :)

Before and after shot :)

2 months post op photos ????

Just a few quick photos I took this morning. I'm still really happy with them and looking forward to all the new clothes I'll be wearing this summer!

A few more ????????

Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

Dr Phil Richardson is an amazing surgeon. I found him friendly, professional and attentive.