From Saggy Flab to Sculpted Abs: Lipo + Abdominoplasty with Dr. Steele - Fort Worth, TX

I’ve been a lurker on Realself for years and...

I’ve been a lurker on Realself for years and this community has been nothing but amazing when it came to planning, preparing for, and executing my much-desired tummy tuck. Hopefully I can give back a little with my story as well as provide encouragement to other men who are considering this procedure.

I’ve wanted a TT for YEARS; I lost a significant amount of weight during my teenage years and my abdomen just never tightened up. Usual advice followed (Eat Healthy! Exercise!) but the simple fact was my stomach skin was stretched beyond repair, pure and simple.

After discovering this site in 2013 I started to make more serious moves towards having the procedure done. I did my research on here, looking for someone who was a combination of skill, price, and personality. I had three consults, the first two of which didn’t go anywhere. My third was with Dr. Steele.

Dr. Steele has almost perfect glowing reviews on here, and this is why: when I called his office they called me back immediately, scheduled me quickly, and had answers ready. During my first meeting with Dr. Steele he immediately identified the major problem that had made me reluctant about the surgery (my large flanks, possibly necessitating a circumferential body lift). Rather than try and sell me on the body lift (which I didn’t want for numerous reasons) he offered alternatives that worked for me based on my comfort level, time frame, recovery ability, and budget.

I decided almost immediately to have the procedure with Dr. Steele. His staff found a date, had flat estimates ready when I asked for them, and kept me constantly in the loop regarding preparation and what to expect. My consult was in October 14 and procedure was done at the beginning of December.

As of now I am aprox 9 weeks post op and feeling fantastic. You can see from the pics below that Dr. Steele aggressively lipo’ed my flanks, something I feel he went above and beyond to do and ensure a good looking result. Some small swelling is still present, but each week I feel better and better and my clothes fit looser and looser. Most of all, for the first time in years I’m not ashamed of how I look without my shirt!

For all the guys out there on the fence about having a TT: Do it. Get your financial house in order and have the procedure done as soon as possible. It surprises me that people will spend tens of thousands on a vehicle or decorations and not spend the same amount on themselves. My only regret is I waited as long as I did; even this early in recovery I love the result and it was worth every penny.

For anyone in the North Texas area considering a TT: Do yourself a favor and have a consult with Dr. Steele. Like the other providers on here his consult is free if you mention Realself; his staff works to get you in very quickly and get you the information you need to make a decision. Each and every meeting I had with Dr. Steele showed him to be a calm, consummate professional who was never in too much of a hurry to talk about my procedure.
Sioux City Plastic Surgeon

More than anything else Dr. Steele listened and paid attention to what I wanted out of the procedure and what I needed based on my situation. He went above and beyond to make sure that the areas which really bothered me (my flanks) came out looking as flat as possible. He and his staff facilitated every aspect of my procedure, what was expected of me, and what I could expect. I can thankfully say I've had no complications and nothing but a positive result. Thanks Dr. Steele and the staff of Plastic Surgery Texas!