5'0", 105lbs, Asian, 300 Cc, Transaxillary - Fort Worth, TX

I had my pre-op consultation on 2/10/15 and am...

I had my pre-op consultation on 2/10/15 and am scheduled for surgery on 2/27/15 with Dr Strock in Ft Worth.

Dr Strock was my very first consultation. While I had also gone to another doctor, not to mention extensive online research on others in DFW, I kept going back to Strock due to his consistent results. I knew I was in good hands with a perfectionist like him.

Choosing the size has been a really big challenge so far. Being small all my life, I couldn't really wrap my head around what size would let look natural without being obvious I had done something. I had attempted to make rice sizers in 325, 350, 375 cc but for some reason they all looked the same. One way or another, I got it into my head that I wanted 325 cc. During my pre-op the doctor said he'll bring into the surgery room 300, 325, 350 cc and will choose based on what fits. While I know I should trust his judgement, I keep wondering if I should ask him to choose smaller if he has to pick between sizes. I really don't want to go too big and have to find ways to hide the fact that I had surgery to my friends and family.

Stats
Age: 26
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 105 lbs
Pre-surgery size: 32A
Implants: 300-350 cc (?) HP
Incision: transaxillary

Wish boobs

This is the sort of look in going for...I tried to find pictures of girls with similar stats

Wish boobs 2

Because I accidently pressed update before finishing...

Pre-surgery prep

I called the anesthesiologist today to make a payment for next week. I thought it was odd that I had to call them separately to make a payment over the phone, but if many other people have done this before without incident I guess it's fine. I'm just used to online payments or paying on site.

I had already gotten my prescriptions filled out last week as well as bought all the necessary items I think I'll need for after the surgery. At this point, all I have to do is wait albeit a bit impatiently. My mom will be driving me back after surgery and will baby me for 1.5 weeks afterwards until I go back to work. It eases off some of the stress of this whole ordeal knowing I have the support of both my parents. I don't plan on telling my friends or extended family unless they ask.

Things I bought:
Wedge pillow
Snacks
Silicone scar strips
Reading materials
Stool softener
Wet wipes
Tylenol
Front zip sport bras (I bought a s and m since I'm not sure which size I'll need. Hopefully I won't need a large instead. I'm not sure how I'll react to that news)

Nervous/excited

I have to survive 2 more days before the big day! At this point I'm just extremely impatient and trying to consume any information on the surgery by reading through everyone else's stories on here. I don't think it really helps in easing my anticipation, but I can't help it. I don't know how other girls are able to wait a month or more after booking their surgery. Two weeks was already hard enough.

This was something I had wanted to do since I stopped growing in middle school, but never thought I would actually get it done. It just seems too surreal. In a few days, I'll actually look feminine and maybe won't get mistaken for a high schooler anymore.

Because my doctor is bringing in 3 implant sizes, I'm still on the fence whether I would be happier in the end with slightly bigger or slightly smaller than I had hoped. Of course not having anything in the first place, I would be happy to finally have something. Maybe I should go in with lowered expectations....

Day of surgery

I arrived at the surgery center around 10:30 am for the 10:45 appt. Snow and ice on the road made it a slow drive from Dallas so I was glad we went early.

When I arrived, the nurses took my vitals and a urine sample to make sure I want pregnant. Afterwards I changed into a gown and they put me on one of the beds and inserted an IV needle into me. The nurses brought in my family and the waiting game began. I didn't anticipate the wait time to be so long. By the time I was checked into the center and had my vitals checked, an hour had passed. We waited another hour before my doctor came to mark me.

The wait time was horrible. I was thinking up all sorts scenarios as to why he was late, like maybe the person ahead of me had complications so then I might have complications too because my doctor wasn't on his A game.

When he did come to mark me, he had my mom and bf hold the curtain so I had some privacy which was nice. He showed no sign of being flustered and was as professional as always. He marked me up and asked me whether I would prefer to wake up a little smaller or bigger if he could fit the implants in. I told him smaller because I was afraid of looking ridiculously large.

Then the nurses came in to wheel me into the surgery room and I was administered anesthesia. At least I assume so. I don't remember anything after being wheeled in. Next thing I was awake and my family was watching over me.

As for how I'm feeling, it just feels like a giant pressure on my chest. There's some pain but it's manageable at this point. No nausea whatsoever. It took a little bit of time before I got out of the groggy phase.

I ended up with 300cc smooth silicone HP. I'm all bandaged up now and won't be able to see what it looks like until 3-4 days later after they take it off.

Bandagex

Size

Since I am all bandaged up until Tuesday, it's killing me not knowing how I will look like. Does anybody know how thick the wrappings are? I think I am having boobie greed because I was so set on 325 cc but the doctor told me only 300 CC would fit. I've been trying to take peeks at it to gauge the true size. I'm just afraid I'll end up B instead of C

the big reveal

I went to the doctors today to get my bandages taken off. I was dreading how it would look, would it have a weird shape to it? Once the nurse removed the bandages, I was surprised at the size of it. I had been mentality kicking myself for not going bigger, but now that I got to see them I think it's the perfect size for me. The other thing that surprised me was the weight after taking off the wraps. It definitely felt like strange objects attached to my chest.

I had been ordered to bring in multiple sizes of bras to figure out the best size to mold my breast into. I think we went with 32D. I was also given a band to put around my chest to prevent the implants from riding up. It's not too comfortable, but necessary.

The big reveal also revealed more bruising than normal according to my doctor. I got a scolding for using my arms way more than needed which is why I bruised in the first place. To prevent any further complications, I'm too limit my and shoulders even more.

1 week post

Today marks 1 week since I had my operation. So far I've been sitting at home propped up on the couch with ice packs watching Netflix and reading. I had bought a wedge pillow before my operation and I would have to say it was best thing I could have done. I combine the wedge with a neck pillow and have no trouble sleeping. Waking up however is a different matter. Morning boob is strong with this one.

I've also stopped taking pain meds after day 4 and haven't felt any pain aside from my incisions. I'm also regaining full range of motion from my arms, but still need help with showering. I might try to shower by myself tonight.

As for my breasts, they still feel like foreign objects in my chest. They are quite sensitive and when I touch them I get a prickly tingly sensation. When I touch the base of my breasts I can feel what I think are the implants which freaks me out a bit. I had very little tissue to begin with so I shouldn't be surprised, but it's still a strange feeling. They are getting softer everyday.

I've been wearing the compression strap consistently, but they still seem as high as ever. The bra my doctor put me in doesn't really fit and it's annoying. Hopefully he will clear me for a sports bra or a different bra at my next post op on Tuesday.

Size wise, I'm very happy with it. I wouldn't go any bigger, but I'd be ok if the swelling goes down and I'm smaller. I didn't realize how in the way they can be!

11 days

Had another post op today and I have to say, my PS is a busy man. He was in and out of my room so quick I hardly knew what happened until it was over. The wait time wasn't too bad. I was called in 30 min after my scheduled appt time, but had to wait some more in my room.

The nurse Katie came in first to check up on me and answered any questions I had at the moment. The 2 main questions I had were about my incisions and the pain I felt running down my arm. I thought my incisions were really ugly looking and I feared it had opened up, but both Katie and my PS assured me it was healing well. The dark spots are the scabs. The pain running down my arms is also normal due to healing nerves and I was told I will need to do gradual stretching in a week or so. No fist pumping for a while haha

When Strock came in, he took a look and said I was still pretty swollen and prescribed me singulair for about 3 months. I was also told I could discontinue other medications he prescribed me initially, except for the anti inflammatory. I was also cleared to drive, but I still have to wear the dreaded compression band and the bra he gave me for a while longer. No sports bra for me even though I find it much more comfortable since he doesn't want my breasts pushed up and riding high.

As for my normal everyday, I still get a bad case of morning boob. It doesn't get quite as tight as before, but enough to be uncomfortable. I have been showering by myself without issues. It takes me twice as long as I would normally, but it's nice to not depend on someone else. I will be going back to work in two days so we'll see how I handle that. It's a desk job so it shouldn't be rough on my body.

Dry Skin

I haven't seen a lot of girls state this problem so I'm not sure if it's just me or other people have experienced this and it's not a big issue for them, but since day 4-5 post op I noticed my skin has gotten excessively dried out. It's not just a small patch, but my entire body in ways I'm not used to at all. I haven't figured out if it's a result of the medications and it might not be since I've stopped taking the majority of them for 5 days now or it might be a side effect of having a foreign object in my body. Either way, my whole body feels dry as a desert so I'll most likely start applying body oil in the shower starting today hoping for some relief. Heads up for anyone looking to get a BA soon!

3 weeks

It's been 3 weeks since my BA and things are looking good. The past week things just started to improve immensely. After week 2 I stopped stressing about my incisions so much, but kept in mind to keep it dry as much as possible as the Dr ordered. It required having my arms out like a penguin most times to air it out, but it's been healing nicely so I have no shame. The great thing about my PS is that we can text him about concerns and he responds pretty quickly.

My arms don't have a full range of movement yet, but I can get by on a daily basis without much hassle. I didn't realize how hard it would be to drive using only the bottom half of the steering wheel. Parking lots and turns nearly defeated me.

The girls have also been softening up quite a bit the past week. In the beginning I had some doubts about the surgery because I felt overall uncomfortable all the time, but as they soften up and my body is getting used to them I started to love them more everyday. Lefty was initially higher than the right, but has since been catching up. I love the look of them right now and actually hope they don't drop any further.

Sensitivity wise I was constantly itchy and whenever my hair brushed my breasts it felt like millions of needles pricking my skin. I don't have those feelings anymore. Only my nipples are still painfully sensitive.

My sleeping conditions are still the same. I sleep propped up on tons of pillows and a neck pillow. I think the neck pillow keeps me from twisting and turning so I sleep like a log. I can lay on my side, but not for long periods. It feels like something is pushing on my chest and it hurts. I still get morning boob every now and then however it goes away quickly.

Overall I'm satisfied with everything so far. I feel I look more balanced now and no longer bottom heavy.

6 weeks

I had a whole entry get erased due to the page refreshing on my phone for noreason and I don't want to rewrite it :(

TL;DR
1 month: 32D
6 weeks: 32C. Breasts feel cooler than rest of my body. I can sleep on my side, but sometimes feel pressure/pain on my right side. Worried about nipple placement (too high?)

6 weeks - update attempt 2

Before I start, I would like to say I have been very impressed with my PS and glad he was the one I chose. He is very meticulous and takes his patients concerns seriously. Any questions I have are answered in a timely manner via text if I forgot to ask during the post op appt. I also love the frequency of his post op appt, especially since you have a 3 month time frame to correct any issues. This lets me know he really wants his patients to have perfect results.

4 weeks:
This was when I started to feel more normal. I was given the green light to do cardio (no weight training yet) with an extremely supportive sports bra. Although I could, I chose not to work out just yet and instead let my body focus on healing.

I tried on both a 32C and 32D bra during my appt and was placed in the 32D until my next appt. The 32C fit, but the cups were a bit too narrow.

6 weeks:
I expressed some concerns about nipple placement to my PS. I have been extremely scared of bottoming out since my surgery or have nipples that point up. I think for the most part my worries are baseless. My crease is symmetrical on both breasts and I don't believe the location of both my creases and nipples have changed - my upper pole swelling has gone down quite a bit, making my lower pole look more voluminous, which is probably why I started freaking out. Still not used to seeing breasts haha.

Nonetheless, he took my concerns into consideration and asked me to try the 32C again. I guess my swelling had gone down even further because I was able to fit this time around. My breasts feel more supported which is good to prevent further dropping while I heal.

I'm surprised I haven't gotten a bad case of boob greed. Although I got downsized to a C, I don't see any noticeable difference between that and D. I'm just happy I look balanced and clothes fit great now :) oh and nipple sensitivity has deceased dramatically. They are almost back to normal! My arms also have a full range of motion again! I think this occurred sometime between 4-6 weeks.

2 months

5+ months

It's been a while so I thought I'd do an update. I feel completely normal now with hardly any pain. I have had stinging pain every now and then, but they don't last for very long. My right breast doesn't yet have its full sensation back (there's still numbness on the side and near my arm pit), but I don't really notice unless my fingers brush against it.

I'm overall very happy I got it done. I originally was very worried I might bottom out since my nipples seemed higher than I would have liked. But I've continued to wear a bra at night because is more comfortable and I feel it has prevented any further downward movement.

I have also been working out with no issues. I try not to do any chest exercises and I find I still get adequate exercising in.
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Strock so far has been very informative. He seems like a very busy man with multiple speaking engagements in addition to surgery. He's not one to sugarcoat things and might come off aloof, but his results look great and extremely consistent. Only downside is the wait time and the amount of face time with him.