Best Decision I ever made! - Florida

I have always struggled with weightloss in my...

I have always struggled with weightloss in my stomach. I finally concluded after several years of dedicated workouts that my tummy was not going away. I decided to have the TT surgery. I did a lot of online research and even talked to a few friends who have had it.

The overall procedure wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Day 2 was the hardest for me. I slept in a recliner and surrounded myself with pillows so I wouldn't be tempted to roll over. I was nauseated from not being able to go #2. I had a little milk of magnesia, drank a lot of water, ate lightly, non-saltine crackers, yogurt with my antibiotics, vitamin water, hot green tea, diet ginger ale (for nausea), high fiber protein foods, nothing spicey or salty to help with recovery and healing. I used antibacterial wipes as I was unable to shower until the drain came out. On day 3 & 4, I was getting my energy back & I forced myself not to walk hunched over, as it killed my lower back. I stayed comfy wearing cute shorts & baby doll top pajamas and also short sundresses to my postoperative appts. I kept a basket of wipes, crackers, crossword puzzle & magazine books, tylenol, water bottle & sugarfree candy close to me. Getting in and out of the recliner was challenging. I used a pillow against my stomach to help me. Being a very active person, it was difficult for me to rest. I got up every few hours and did little non strenuous things around my house. By day 5 I drove myself to the doctors office for a follow up visit & had my drain removed. I noticed that i had alot of bruising & swelling in my hip area. the doctor told me this was normal. The doctor took a roll of gauze & placed it in the middle of my stomach like under my breast sternum-this was to help define my new stomach muscles & to give my tummy definition. I felt really good at my appointment. Afterwards I went to Bealls Outlet & bought a few compression garments (with the eyelets in front) - they were cheap like $5.99 -$9.99 very comfortable, smooth & slimming. I am so super excited after seeing my newly sculptured stomach.
At my 7 day post op appt. my PS doctor asked how many weeks I was. I told him 1week. He was astonished at how quickly I was recovering, walking straight & moving about. I brought my new garments with me & tried them on there at the doctors office. All of my stitches were removed. i still have the tape on my incision and It is still numb. there is a blister under my incision (i think it was caused by the binder being too tight). I was told to leave it alone & when it pops to put antibiotic ointment on it. I will post pics later of the garments I bought. The doctor told me to wear them during the day when I return to work & then change to the binder that I got after surgery. I usually sleep in that one.

Everyday gets easier. My best advice to you all is to listen to your body and do what the doctor says. Allow your body to rest and heal. take one day at a time. Think of the end result. It is all worth it in the end.

I am blessed & thankful to have found this website. It has helped me immensely. The stories and open forum help relieve a lot of my worries and challenges. We're all in this together, as we experience the same surgery...we are able to relate & share our stories and tips to help others. It is an awesome self support website. Good luck to you all. My prayers go out to all of you. Take care of yourselves!!

Before photo

13 days Post Op

I am feeling better everyday, although I have had days where I over did it and it set me back. Today marks 13 days post-op. I finally got a good nights sleep after many restless sleepless nights. I woke this morning feeling energized, no pain and was able to dust my living room and run the vacuum cleaner. I am still tired and lack motivation to do anything but I know that is my body just healing. My incision is stating to itch so I know that healing is taking place. My hips no longer hurt when touched. The swelling in my legs has gone down. It no longer hurts to cough or sneeze. Thank God!! At times I thought my stitches were ripping open.
I have a followup with my PS this afternoon and will update after my appointment. I hope everyone is healing well and on their way to a speed-fast recovery!

More photos -13 days post TT & muscle repair

Here are updated pictures of me @ 13 days post op. I almost feel back to normal. Still tired but no pain and no meds. Good luck to all of you!! I will never look back! :) feel free to private message me if you have any questions about my experience.
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Garramone and his staff are top notch! Prior to my initial consultation with Dr. Garramone, I had gotten 2 other opinions on a tummy tuck. I was unsure if this procedure was for me until I met with Dr. Garramone. He took the time to answer all my questions and reassured me to take my time with my decision. In the meantime, he told me to call his office with any further questions until I was ready. He and his team has always made me feel very comfortable. Professional, personable, friendly & honest are a few words to describe Dr. Ralph Garramone. He is a very caring doctor. He listens, is easy to talk to and doesn't rush you. He & his staff are wonderful, friendly, caring, loving people. Overall, I am beyond extremely pleased with my newly sculpted tummy that Dr. Garramone made for me. By putting my trust and confidence in his caring hands, the results he gave me were beyond my expectations!! He definitely loves what he does and it shows! He and his team, by far, go above and beyond to make you comfortable. I cannot thank him and his wonderful team enough for making me look & feel as great as I do. I will never look back and ask myself, "what if"... It is one of the best decisions that I have ever made for myself. I am happy to have chosen Dr. Garramone as my surgeon. He has a true gift! ... He and his team make you feel like you've known them your whole life; from start to finish....they are beyond the best!! Thank you!