39 Y/o, Mother of 3 Boys by C-sections - Fort Lee, NJ

A year ago a had lap band surgery. I've lost 50lbs...

A year ago a had lap band surgery. I've lost 50lbs. I wish I would of had the band years ago. Now I need to take care of this loosie goosie tummy! I will be having TT & lipo on flanks, inner & outer thighs. I went to my PS Dr. Paul Rosenberg about 5 years ago but he recommended I loose 40lbs, at that time I was 217lbs. Now I'm down to 170lbs & more than ready for this! I've always been a thick chic, but before kids never had a tummy, just big butt & thighs which I was happy with! But after 3 c-sections my tummy went south! No amount of exercise will get it down. I'm excited & anxious. I can't say I'm nervous, at least not yet! My PS comes very well recommended, as 3 close friends have had very successful procedures with him. And I feel really confident/comfortable when speaking to him. I know he will get it right! Will post pics when date comes closer, I'm just not ready for that! Hoping my journey will help others, just as I've benefited from reading reviews on RS!

Before pics

Not bad with clothes on ;)

Excited!!!

5 more days until surgery, can't say I'm nervous, more anxious & excited! Hubby will be my caretaker afterwards.

Had pre-op, got scripts for meds, met with nurse who will be with me through procedure. I'm taking my bromelain & arnica. I ordered my wedge pillow from walgreens.com & already received it. Now I just need to buy my comprehension garment.

Dr. wants me to do a laxative this weekend & a liquid diet.

Praying for Gods blessing through this procedure & recovery for all.

Tomorrow is D day

I need to be at surgical center tomorrow @7am. Just got back home from getting my faja. Had a bit of a mission finding one up to the knees that I could try on, but mission accomplished!! I bought an M&D faja which is supposed to be one of the best Colombian fajas on the market, for comfort & compression. Very well recommended by a very close friend who had a tummy tuck. Sales girl took my measurements (38-31-44) & thought I could fit into a medium based on waist measurement but she forgot about my wide hips, lol. Needless to say I had to get a large, which is perfect.

Hopefully I can get a good nights sleep...doubt it but we shall see!

Praying for a great recovery for myself & all you girls on this journey!

Post op

So yesterday was my procedure. I got there at 7am, the nurse took my vitals & reviewed post op instructions. Then anesthesiologist came in & asked some questions. And finally, Dr. Rosenberg came in & marked me up. Then at around 8:30 it was into operating room where anesthesiologist started IV & 5 mins later I was out.
Woke up around 1:30pm then dosed off & it was 2:45. My husband came in, instructions were repeated again & off we went.

Wasn't really in pain, just sore. I took my Vicodin at 7pm then at 11pm & slept until 4am, used the bathroom took another Vicodin & fell asleep again until 7am. Hubby was getting kids ready for school. Then helped me clean up. I went with hubby to drop kids off at school then we headed to doctors office for post op appt. Walking hunched over sucks. Thank goodness doctor said everything looked great but my right drain had come loose & had to be stitched back up. I could straighten up a bit. What a relief!

Doctor said I could take a quick shower which I did. And it felt great! Overall this experience isn't that bad. Thanking the Lord all went well! Praying for all you ladies going through this journey.

1 week post op

Had stitches taken out today but still have both drains in :(
Nurse says my drain fluids should be clearer than they are. I need to stay a bit more put than I have been. That's my mission this week, to see if I can have these drains out by Friday or Monday!

So far I've only had one terrible day, which was this past Saturday. Not cause of pain but just feeling out of it & nearly passed out....I think it was mostly dehydration. Ladies stay on top of drinking enough fluids!

My menu has been yogurt, protein shake, chicken soup & fruits.

Thank God for collace...finally had a BM on Thursday when I took 3 pills at once.

Be blessed & happy healing!

Will try to post pics later on today!

I week post op...super swollen

14 days post op and drains are still in

So today is 14 days post op. Worst part of recovery is that these darn drains are still in!! I'm supposed to return to work next week so I'm faithfully praying for these drains to be out by this weeks end!! Still very swollen, still wearing binder & spanx. I have been trying to keep movement to a minimum but that's not working. Unfortunately, hubby will be returning to work tomorrow which means I will have to get the kids up in the AM for school. Thank goodness my father in law can drive them to & from school as PS still doesn't want me to drive. Praying for all my realself sisters speedy recovery. Please pray for my drain issues to resolve soon. Thx.

3 weeks yesterday & only 1 drain out

So it's been 3 weeks. And I got 1 drain removed....thank goodness!! But I still have 1 that's draining 50cc in 24 hrs. Apparently I've developed a hematoma & that's why I'm still draining. Doctor still wants me not to drive, so I can't return to work today like I planned to. Thank goodness I have plenty of sick time.
So I'm still super swollen which is expected. But I'm loving my incision which is already barely noticeable. Can't wait to get this last drain out so that I can start my massages to work these knots out.
Stay positive ladies & happy healing.

4 weeks post op

Well today is 4 weeks...I saw my PS & drains are still in, hematoma still draining 27cc bloody fluid today. My incision & belly button look fabulous. Still swollen especially on right side due to hematoma. Feeling impatient with these darn drains but sticking it out (as if I have another option)...lol!!!
Loving Lipo on thighs & there's still swelling. So I know I'm gonna be super satisfy when swelling goes down!
Prayers for all real selfers.

Photo update

Still super swollen especially on my right side where hematoma is but loving the shape.

Forgot photo

5 weeks post op

Finally had the last drain removed. No pain at all....but I did take 2 Tylenol extra strength 1 hour before appt, so that might of helped. Dr. said he will work on my hematoma with ultrasound & massages....praying that will break that bad boy up. Need to keep abdominal binder on for next 3 days...no full shower till Thursday, then I can finally wear my faja. Need to go see him on Friday & hopefully can drive & go back to work on Monday. Feeling so wonderful the drain is out...would love to celebrate with a glass of champagne but I'll hold off on the alcohol ;)).
Fort Lee Plastic Surgeon

Great doctor! Honest, clear & helpful. Warm personality. Maria & Kim the nurses are wonderful!! I felt that I was in excellent hand.