25 Year Old, Bulbous Nose, Prague, CZ

Hi! So, I'm doing this mainly for myself and for...

So, I'm doing this mainly for myself and for the sake of others who like me- are going abroad for the first time for cosmetic surgery.

In just under 3 weeks I will be flying to Prague to FINALLY get Rhinoplasty on my Bulbous nose! I'm specifically going to the Forme Clinic for it.

When doing my research for Rhino at the Forme Clinic I have only found 1 in-depth review on here (by praguerhinoplasty, check it out) which only increased my confidence and determination in selecting this clinic.
I won't bore you with the reasons how and why I came to the conclusion that I wanted a nose job- But why I chose to go abroad instead of find somewhere in the UK is a combination of both price and quality.
Back in 2012 I had a Breast Augmentation done with Transform in London to turn my non-existent 34AA boobs to a humble C cup. As it was the first time I had ever had any cosmetic procedure done, I had no basis to mark them in terms of quality and care (The price considering its the UK was actually not too bad).
What I have come to realise over time though is that location and price doesn't necessarily equate to a high quality of service. It cost just under £5,000 and although it all seemed very quick and easy (I had my surgery 3 weeks after first stepping into the door for a chat!)- The pre-op and aftercare were a lot to be desired i.e. after I paid my deposit at the consultation with the clinic Manager, I heard nothing from them. On the day of surgery I literally walked into the hospital, immediately had a chip and pin device thrust before me, saw my Surgeon for no more than 10 mins whilst he doodled over my flat chest- OH and not before telling me that I could have had the surgery free on NHS because I had little to none glandular tissue ... I was gutted!
(OK that was my fault; it was the height of NHS boob jobs scandal, where every other day girls were shamed on the tabloids for getting unnecessary boob jobs on the NHS to be strippers or whatever?? I was too scared and impatient to even go to my Doctors- I thought they'd just turn me away but my self esteem/confidence was at an all time low).

Needless to say the actual surgery went fine! Care staff were lovely, surgeon boasted it only took him 30mins and I was on my merry way within a couple of hours. It came with 3 years after care package so I felt reassured that I was in good hands should anything happen.
Anyways flash forward 3 years and 2 months. I hadn't heard anything from anyone after the Surgery other than the 1 week check up with a moody bank nurse and the occasional mail shot. But I woke up one day and my left boob had swollen almost triple the size of the other one- It wasn't painful- more uncomfortable and looked utterly ridiculous! Naturally I called them, only be told as I was outside the warranty of my after care package and they would do nothing until I got tests done via the NHS and came back to them with it. Booking an appointment with my GP is a nightmare so I asked if I could at least meet with the Surgeon who would have an idea of what the hell was going on (as my GP later said over the phone that he wasn't specifically trained in Plastic Surgery so didn't have a clue what was wrong), they tried to rebuff me initially until I got a bit pissed off- then they offered me an appointment for 3 months time!! An ensuing tug of war between my GP and Transform occurred over whose responsibility it was to test me... NHS relented of course- I was tested a month later...and re-tested...and re-tested...It got to the point of them considering taking a biopsy of the scar tissue encapsulating implant (which ran the risk of rupturing said implant...of which they said they wouldn't replace as I had gone private!) So I was super stressed-I heard nothing from Transform at all- I got the strong feeling they really couldn't give a sh*t once they have your money. Anyways it all turned out alright in the end- I had a 'possible' Seroma (fluid build up/swelling that your body fails to drain on its own) on my boob despite it being years after the surgery. They drained as much fluid away as was safe and hoped that the rest of it would resolve itself- which it did!
I don't think the Seroma was a result of bad practice. It’s something that 'just happens', so I dont fault the Surgeon for that. What I do fault Transform for however is their crap follow up care and manner in dealing with me when I was honestly freaking out (just the thought of having to remove the implants when I couldn't afford to get them redone and being left with a sagging flat chest with two scars brought me to tears- I was seriously considering just leaving them as is-1 boob a C whilst the other a DD, just so I could still have boobs).

Anyways that whole experience showed me that it doesn't matter where you get it done or how much you pay. So long as the surgeon is experienced and the care you receive before and AFTER surgery is good you have nothing to worry about- Anything can happen post surgery whether you want it to or not- If you can find a reputable surgeon for a fraction of the price- you're laughing! My friends are worried for the fact that I won’t be meeting my surgeon and having a ‘proper’ consultation until the day of surgery, but this seemed to be the same at Transform.
In some cases, should you need a revision/follow up, it'd still be cheaper to fly to whatever country you went to and pay more- Fingers crossed you’d never have to, but still 2000 euro or 6000 pounds?!
My surgery will be performed by Dr Vasek, who specialises in Rhinoplasty so I’m extremely happy with that. Everyone seems to be singing his praises so on 31st Oct 2016 Its happening! So far my email correspondence with the clinic has been great. I couldn’t even begin to understand the Czech language, so it’s a relief that their written English (at least) is very good.
This Op is purely for vanity reasons, there's nothing anatomically/medically wrong with it- I just want it to look pretty! I’ll post some pics of what I have. My ideal nose and goal is that of Leona Lewis’ (post nose job! Whether she admits to it or not) I hope it’s achievable!
Dr Vasek

Yet to meet him but have read wonderful things!