Active Mommy at 39 Years Old, 3 Kids, 2 C-Sections - Folsom, CA

Before I even had children a decade ago I knew...

Before I even had children a decade ago I knew genetics was not on my side to keep my flat tummy. My husband and I agreed early on that I would have the procedure. My youngest child was 7 months at the time of the procedure and I couldn't be happier with my decision to proceed with this operation.

The healing and recovery is no joke since this is an invasive procedure. The first few days I regretted the decision because I wasn't mentally prepared to be that immobile or in that much discomfort. On top of that it was hard for me to imagine the final result because I was bandaged and bruised. My mood swings were ridiculous because I felt physically helpless and I hate relying on others to care for me.

With much understanding from my family and friends and just a two weeks later, my outlook changed. Removal of the drains this morning and (finally) a shower, was a huge mental block. I know I'll probably encounter a few more ups and downs but I believe I see the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

Almost 4 weeks out

I had a post op yesterday and the final bandages came off. I'm really impressed how thin and straight my scar is. I just put a metipac tape on so I'll take pictures of the scar next time. This bikini bottom actually hides the whole thing. I also love how natural my belly button looks. I'm still a bit swollen but loving my results. I gain more strength with each day. I'm still walking around hunched and sleeping with my legs up but I'm a lot more mobile. I can't wait until the swelling goes down in a few months. I'm also still a bit sore from the lipo but that's quickly fading. My mental and physical state is very different from just two weeks ago.
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sumida is truly an artist. Even though he had glowing reviews from many of friends and peers I still pursued other consults just in case. In the end I circled back to Dr. Sumida because he listened to my concerns and addressed all my questions with anecdotes of similar cases and what he would do - walking a fine line between what I felt I wanted and what he knew would be most aesthetically pleasing. His bedside manner extended to putting my husband at ease with the process. His office staff is extremely professional and empathetic. Each time I've entered the office they remember little details about my case making the whole experience very personable. The nurse and anesthesiologist that assisted in my operation also gave me a good baseline on the realities of recovery while still keeping me excited about the procedure. Although I'm still early in the healing process I am impressed by the results and have no problem recommending Dr. Sumida to anyone looking to receive top notch care for tummy tuck and liposuction procedures.