45 Year Old Mom, BA, BL and Tummy Tuck - Flowood, MS

Hi to my fellow RS peeps! Well, I'm getting ready...

Hi to my fellow RS peeps! Well, I'm getting ready to take the plunge next month and love this site so much I wanted to share my journey. I'm 45 and ready to make the outside look more like I feel on the inside. I still feel like a teenager! I have a 16 year old son that is my heart! Best kid ever! And yes if I can say that during the teenage years you know I'm a happy Mom! I've been married to my sweet husband for 22 yrs so life is good on my end. Just ready to get my body back to a happier place. :)

Twenty years ago (and 40 lbs lighter) I had a BA. At the time the ps recommended over the muscle. After surgery they rippled on the top and I was unhappy with that. The ps told me to gain 5 lbs and that would fix it. Well you don't tell a yo-yo dieter to gain 5 lbs! Lol. At the time I had a C cup but after having my son who weighed 8 lbs, 7 oz (via c-section), I was left with D's. Now after years of yo-yo dieting I'm left with DDD's. I decided a few months back that I would like to have them redone. My husband was all for it because he could see how aggravated I was trying to find shirts and bras that fit and the pain I keep experiencing in my upper back. I scheduled my consult with Dr. runnels in May. He told me that mine was one of the worst cases to try to fix. My pocket is completely torn. He will have to go back in front of the muscle because my breast has fallen lower than my muscle and because I'm long chested he doesn't feel he can get the breast tissue high enough to cover the implant under the muscle. So I've decided to go with the gel implant which will decrease the chances of rippling. I currently have saline implants because that's all they offered at the time.
I'm also having a TT with Lipo of the Flanks. I currently weigh 175 and am 5'5". I'm trying to get 10 more lbs off before the surgery. I'm nervous about being too heavy and not having good results. I'm also going to ask him about Lipo on my inner and outer thighs because they are out of control! But, I don't want to do too much at one time. I'm not going to have much help after my sx so I don't want to do too much.
I'm 1 month out from surgery and both excited and nervous. I feel guilty about spending the money and am nervous about complications. I have always had a problem with anesthesia. I always get sick after surgery. I mean really sick! I always throw up my stomach acids. The last thing I want to do is throw up after having a TT. Dr. Runnels said the anesthesiologist could probably give me a steroid shot that will hopefully prevent me from getting sick. I sure hope so because it's no fun being sick after surgery.
Also, I don't know if my decision to have my sx in August was wise. It has been 100 degrees here in MS the past couple days and August is the hottest month of the year for us. If you've never been to MS in the summer you don't know what you're missing. Lol......hot as hell! The humidity is stifling. I'm already swollen just from the heat so I can only imagine what it will be like after the sx.

Initial post update....28 days pre-op!

Morning Ladies! ....and a few gents. :) Just wanted to clarify a few things I left out of my initial post. First of all, I talked to my ps about wanting my boobs to be smaller. They are currently a DDD. I originally went in wanting my implant completely removed. I've since changed my mind. Doc told me I wouldn't be happy because I would have a caved in area in the upper part of my breast. He showed me some pictures and I decided he was right. Instead he going to go in with a very small implant because according to him I have a large amount of my own breast tissue.....which is why I need to lose a few before sx! He thinks I will probably end up with a D. I was hoping for a C but I'm thinking if I can at least get these puppies lifted anywhere close to where they should be I will be happy. :)

Also, when I originally scheduled my sx, my hubby was supposed to be home a couple days after. He works offshore and his schedule has since been changed and now he won't be home until the 30th. My sx is the 19th so I'm worried about that. He works in Russia so it takes him 36 hrs to get home and he of course will be wiped out! My mom is going to help me as much as possible, but she can't be here 24 hrs a day. She works so she can't babysit me. My son will be back in school and can help in the evenings but I sure can't get him to help me with some things. I don't want to scar him for life! I just hope that I can manage. That's the part that makes me nervous is not having enough help.

Another thing, I have one of the tempur pedic beds that raises....anybody else have one? I'm hoping that I can sleep in my bed. I also have a recliner and one of those zero gravity lounge chairs, but it seems awful low. I'm hoping my bed will be comfy enough. I love that bed! Worth every penny!

3 more weeks!

Well, I'm officially 3 weeks out today! The closer I get the more nervous I get. It doesn't help that I keep getting advice from the "negative nancy" club. I went for my yearly OB/GYN and mammogram yesterday and I told the girl that always does my mammogram about my surgery. She was the one that suggested Dr. runnels to me for the past few years. Well....yesterday she said I should go to Dr. Davidson. Had me all bummed out and nervous. She Said 2 girls in the office had had MM. One with Dr. Runnels and one with Dr. Davidson. She said Davidsons work was much better. I left there feeling depressed about my decision. I have my pre-op scheduled for next Tuesday and I have to pay for my surgery that day. I panicked and called Dr. Davidsons office and set up an appointment. Can't see him until August 7th which is after my pre-op date. I was just torn all day yesterday. I came home last night and thought about it and decided I was sticking with Dr. Runnels. I like him and his staff and I'm not changing! Besides, you can't compare 2 women with different bodies and expect them to have the same result! So I put that to bed. I'm good with my decision.

My husband left yesterday for work. He won't be back until Aug. 30th. To be honest I'm kind of glad because he is ok with me doing my boobs but not real keen on the tummy tuck. And he's not the best at taking care of me when I'm sick. :). He tries but he just doesn't have that knack. I always end up mad at him because he thinks it's a good time to pick and tease to make me feel better. And I end up pissed instead. Lol.....some men just don't get it. And mine is one of those! I love him but it's better he won't be here for a few days.

Also, my cousin has had the MM sx a few years back and she's busy telling my mom that I should wait until winter so it won't be too hot and that I shouldn't do both my boobs and TT at the same time because it's too much...blah, blah, blah! I know she means well but I've made my decision to do this and I need positive support!!!!! I'm already nervous and worrying over all the stuff I won't be able to do while I'm down so this just adds to the worry.

I'm thinking a pitcher of margaritas might be in order! Lmao. Throw in a basket or 2 of chips and queso dip and I'm thinking I may have all the worlds problems solved! Seriously, I need some positive encouragement ladies! The last thing I want to do is have this surgery and regret my decision. I'm a very independent person and if I want something done, I do it myself. This is going to be hard for me. My son doesn't know I'm having the TT. I fibbed and told him I had a hernia that I was going to have repaired. :/. I know it's not nice to lie but he doesn't need to know all my business. :) But, I've tried to prepare him for the fact that he is going to be on his own washing clothes and feeding me and him for several days. We also have 4 dogs to tend to. My mom is going to take the 2 inside dogs to her house for a few days. My chihuahua is no trouble. But I have a 1 yr old Toy Australian Shepherd that is a live wire. He never leaves my side. Won't even go outside unless I go out with him! He is spoiled worse than my son. Anyway, sorry for the ranting. I'm just getting so nervous and have all this random stuff swirling through my head! Just needed to get it out. Thanks for listening and any advice is appreciated! Hope everyone is doing well in RS land! :D

Pre-op In the history books!

Well, I had my pre-op today and paid for my surgery. It just got real! I've been on an emotional roller coaster over last week and nearly cancelled the sx several times. I finally talked to my husband and he reassured me that he was ok with me going through with it. He told me if it would make be feel better about myself he was all for it. :). That took a load off!

Also, my cousin just moved to MS from FL last week. She has had the same sx and wants to come stay with me for a Couple of days. That is also a load off! I was worried about how I was going to manage with not much help. Last week it seemed everything was going wrong and I had actually called to postpone the sx, but the office closed at noon and I missed them. I decided to call them Monday but after talking to my RS buddy Kelmail, I decided to chill out and give it the weekend. So getting the news that my cousin would come help me and that my husband was fully on board I'm feeling good about things. I'm still nervous but I will be fine! I have a ton of stuff to do but I will get it done!

Hope everyone is doing well....ttyl!

Reaction to Anesthesia

I forgot to mention that I talked to the anesthesiologist about my bad experience with anesthesia in the past. I always get sick after sx...really sick. He told me there are 4 or 5 things he could do to help prevent vomiting....I told him I wanted ALL 5!!!! :). He said I was high risk and that I may still get sick, but he would do his best to control it. Lord I hope whatever he does works because there is. I thing worse than having sx and waking up puking on yourself! And after a TT.....I don't even want to think about it!

One week to go!

One more week and I will be entering the Flat Zone...lol. My mind is in hyper speed. I keep telling my son...you better get prepared. He is going to be in a mess! Having to fend for himself and take care of me in the evenings. He just started back to school and every day he comes home and lays in the bed because he is "wiped out"! Lord have mercy on this spoiled child of mine! I told him I was tired too but there was always somebody needing something. Keep your fingers crossed ladies! I'm in for a bumpy ride! :D
My poor mom read up on the TT....she is freaking out! She's not handling it too well. Keeps saying "I don't know why you're doing this to yourself!" I've had to tell her that I don't need the negative attitude. I love her to death but she's killing my mood! Thank God my cousin is coming to take care of me for a few days. I'd have to punch my mom and blame it on the meds. ;).

Anyway, I'm planning on posting more pictures next week before the sx. I'm desperately trying to get a few lbs off. The struggle is REAL ladies. This fat is fighting to stay on this old body...it's got to go! If I go through this and come out looking like a stuffed sausage I'll never hear the end of it from my Mom! Lol..hope everyone is doing well. TTYL

Original photos

Well I deleted my original photos because I wanted to zoom in on the main body parts, now I can't get them to load! Ugh! Guess I will try again later.

Original photos

Finally worked! Sad pictures...I look at these and want to sing...do your boobs hang low? Do they wobble to and fro? Can you tie them in a knot? Can you tie them in a bow? Can you throw them over your shoulder like a continental soldier? Do Your Boobs Hang Low? Lolllll. And the answer is yes they do! :D. But not for long!

Almost time!

Week I'm a couple of days away! Still not nervous. I'm wiped out! My house has never been so clean! Lol. And am I the only one broke from buying food and supplies for after the surgery? I swear I've been to every store in town....twice! I wear a Fitbit to keep up with my steps. Today I've walked over 14,000 steps! :). Oh and I confessed to my son what I was really doing. He laughed at me and said a TT was cheating. Lol. Hope he's still ok after he sees me in pain post sx. He will probably be fussing at me. But I do the same to my mom so I guess it's payback time! :).

I'll put updated pics on before sx. I'm too tired right now. I'm going to need the rest by the time Wednesday gets here....hope everyone is doing well. TTYL

Tomorrow I will enter The Flat Side!

Well I've almost made it. I'm still not nervous. I'm sure it will kick in later today. I'm not feeling the best this morning. Of all things, my sciatic nerve has been giving me problems over the last couple weeks. I've done all my tricks to get it feeling better but it's still not completely pain free. And, I've pushed myself too much trying to get everything done before sx so I'm feeling run down. Ugh!

I was trying to get 10 lbs off before sx...only lost 5 but that's better than gaining, right!? I'm so ready to get this done and on to recovery. I've been worrying about silly stuff. My mom is going to keep my dogs but I know I will miss them. I know my son will be fine but I'm such an independent person I'm afraid I will end up fussing at him about not doing it the way I do when I'm on meds and feeling down. I need prayers to stay calm and go with the flow. Also, I have been taking care of a wild cat at work. He was so pitiful when I started feeding him, I thought he was going to die. I wanted to take him to the vet, but couldn't catch him. I've fed him and wormed him over the past few months and he has really come around. He lets me pet him now and rubs all over my legs when he sees me. I love that little booger and I'm afraid he will think I've abandoned him. I know it sounds silly but he's come so far. I work with my Mom and I told her to please take care of BooBoo Kitty. I know she will but I'm going to miss him! Enough of that sad stuff. :)

Hopefully I have all my shit together! If I haven't bought it or done it at this point, it's not happening! Please say a prayer for me that I get through this. I have enjoyed my journey so far talking to rank strangers that somehow feel like friends. Thanks for all the advice. Take care friends...see you on the flat side!!!! Woohoo!

Made it to the Flat Side!

Hi ladies! I made it! I have had minimal pain just very sore muscles. I still haven't showered so I don't know what I look like. I'm planning on showering tomorrow. I will tell you this for the ones that haven't had sx yet.....you will need someone to stay with you! If my cousin hadn't been here I would have been in big trouble. I'm able to get in and out of the bed by myself so that's good. I havent had an appetite to speak of. I have some congestion which is not good. It starts gurgling in my throat and I have to cough....that is awful pain! I felt like I was being ripped in half....AWFUL! I will update pics in a few days. I'm excited to see what I look like. I feel smaller so that makes me happy, happy, happy! Thanks for all the prayers! TTYL
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

I really felt comfortable with Dr. Runnels. He was honest and upfront about what he could do for me. His office staff is really nice! I will update once I've had my surgery.