Permalip- Flower Mound, TX

Just got my Permalip implants this morning and I...

Just got my Permalip implants this morning and I love them so far! I was nervous this AM before the procedure, but Dr Sanderson and his nurse Jana really put me at ease. I put my headphones in, turned on pandora, and he got started with the numbing process. It was absolutely no big deal from start to finish! My lips were immediately swollen and I couldn't stop giggling at how funny they looked and felt! It's been about 3 hours since the procedure and so far it's minimal pain, just tight feeling! I've been icing and slathering Arnica cream on them. I will try to keep updating this throughout the healing process!

Day after Procedure

It's the end of day 2 and my lips seem to be doing pretty well. I had a hard time sleeping last night since I had to be on my back and elevated. When I got up this AM, my lips were pretty swollen. As far as pain went, there wasn't much pain, just tightness. As the day has progressed, the swelling has decreased by a bit, and my lip mobility has gotten much better. They still feel very tight, but it's getting better! I had a moment of "what did I do to my lips?!" this morning when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, but I had to remind myself it would take a while for all the swelling to go down and that all would be ok. My top lip is still quite ducky looking, but I think it will be fine when the swelling subsides. Icing is my best friend right now.. Eating is still a challenge but also getting easier as the swelling goes down. Overall, I'm still pleased with them so far!

2 days Post

I missed updating yesterday. My lips were looking great and the swelling was down by a lot. There was still no bruising! I was tired of being cooped up inside, so I went to see a movie with my sister. It was very funny and there was lots of smiling and laughing which really aggravated my upper lip. I woke up so this morning with lots of swelling and it is now quite bruised. I'm a little concerned that my upper lip seems quite lopsided, but I'm sure it will turn out fine.

5 days post surgery

Well, it has been a rollercoaster over the last few days, but I know once the swelling is all gone I will love them. The upper lip swelling has gone down significantly. It is still more swollen on the left side, and I still have some residual bruising but makeup covers it up well! I think about 4-5 days off work is plenty adequate to get enough healing so you don't feel like a freak, and figure out how to talk again. Ps and Fs are difficult and I couldn't whistle to save my life. I definitely can feel the implants in my lips and to the touch and I hope they soften up and don't stay so obvious feeling. If you are considering getting your lips done, remember to be patient!! I have had a few freak outs and then remind myself I'm only 5 days out.

Almost 2 weeks out

I am almost 2 weeks out and I'm so so happy with my results! They have settled in so nicely, and the swelling seems to be completely gone. I can't say enough good things about Dr Sanderson at Flower Mound Plastic Surgery! My results are just fantastic! I will try and get some better pics soon.
Flower Mound Plastic Surgeon

Dr Sanderson is just awesome. Very professional, and the office staff is so nice and helpful too. I couldn't be more pleased with the whole process and highly recommend him to anyone!